New Lyon Owner's Plans

There was a great article in WSC about NAC Bredas protests against the City group takeover.

One of the quotes was “if this marriage goes ahead it’s going to be turbulent”

They also mentioned how important the team was to the town itself and how they were proud of their individuality in The Netherlands as, like in Britain, they support their team not rhythmically but emotionally responding to the ebb and flow of the game.

A proper football club who I imagine wouldn’t entertain being part of any group of clubs no matter how seemingly well-intentioned.
I consider us in the same way.

The article concluded with the quote:
“We don’t want money from the Middle East, Asia or America in a bid to achieve rapid success if it means losing our own identity, culture and values. It’s simply not worth it”

Fucking Amen.

Nothing says community like a multimillionaire owner from another continent.

Yes, I'd love to level the playing field, but the TV money needs to go or it can't happen. Rangers need to keep doing what we're doing. Build strong financial foundations and bring through good youths whilst being clever in the transfer market.

0_JS263763302.jpg
0_18060999.jpg
a8fbdb95-367f-4c68-91fe-0a83132b4f81-378-000000f7ac4d5a84_tmp.jpg
walter.jpg
article-1385338-013AA45500000578-487_1024x615_large.jpg
GL890917.jpg
EynAFcIWgAAWTC6.jpg
1a6ad6ff5f5df7d2816e8483f40be53f.jpg
could you not find a picture of wee dick smiling?? :))

And your thoughts on clubs like Brentford and Midtjylland?
I don't know if there is any trading between these two clubs but their model was first introduced into the Oakland Athletics by managing director Billy Beane. It differs totally from the Udinese-Watford-Granada system as it's based purely on stats which tell which sort of player you need for a specific position, regardless of what club you are signing that player from. All of course within sustainably financial terms.

It helped the A's to win 20 matches in a row(a record in the MLB) but not to ultimately win the World Series.

It's been a sucess for the Bees and for the Danish club to some extent.

American billionaire owners can take a long hard suck on my cheesy hot dog.

I think it depends on the individuals tbh. The Glazers? %^*& no. FSG? Sure.

If we were purchased by a billionaire we'd still be us, the fans make Rangers and we'd all still be here. Anyway it's pie in the sky stuff anyway no billionaire is buying us unless we leave Scotland and we can't leave Scotland.

City group can %^*& off tho 100%

Always had a soft spot for Lyon, but American owners will be the ruination of football
American sports are so far ahead of football in terms of creating an even playing field it is unreal. Salary caps, bottom up draft systems, the weaker teams being handed advantages. Football was ruined the second it became possible to buy a club, throw endless state backed cash at a few clubs and to %^*& with the rest of the world. The thought that American owners coming into football could somehow make it worse than it already is is absolutely bat-shit crazy talk. Football IS ruined, americanising it would be a massive, quantum leap forwards.

American sports are so far ahead of football in terms of creating an even playing field it is unreal. Salary caps, bottom up draft systems, the weaker teams being handed advantages. Football was ruined the second it became possible to buy a club, throw endless state backed cash at a few clubs and to %^*& with the rest of the world. The thought that American owners coming into football could somehow make it worse than it already is is absolutely bat-shit crazy talk. Football IS ruined, americanising it would be a massive, quantum leap forwards.
By creating a closed shop and removing relegation, promotion and sporting meritocracy?!

That's a dewy eyed vision of American sport you have there. For all footballs faults it still has a gasp of authenticity in it.

By creating a closed shop and removing relegation, promotion and sporting meritocracy?!

That's a dewy eyed vision of American sport you have there. For all footballs faults it still has a gasp of authenticity in it.
Football is a closed shop. The dewy eyed version of football, where anyone can make it with grit and determination, that you seem to have is simply not in line with reality.

I support legitimately one of the biggest sides in world football and I know that we will never get close to the big prize on anything other than an occasional basis because not only is football driven by mega rich states, it is actively and progressively widening the gap between the rich few and the rest.

Back