New Man City financial cheating claims

Good on them. FFP is a complete farce anyway. If owners can inject cash into the club to pay for the expenditure then they should. They are not doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Barca and Real do this 'creative accounting' shit all the time and nobody bats an eyelid.

Not really true, anyone who got average attendances of 30,000 plus on the old second and third tier of English football are a proper club. Sadly what they have become is jus horrible, a plastic soulless club who have lost their true identity.

The Modern game sucks

Agreed - they have become a pretend football club!!

Not really true, anyone who got average attendances of 30,000 plus on the old second and third tier of English football are a proper club. Sadly what they have become is jus horrible, a plastic soulless club who have lost their true identity.

The Modern game sucks
Kind of going against your own point their mate in the end up

The Modern game sucks

Although I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think that too many of the people who now go to see them at the Etihad object too much. You've also got to remember that United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea were well down the same road long before City. It is the game in the top flight down there that has lost its soul with several top flight clubs and I cannot see it ending.

Good on them. FFP is a complete farce anyway. If owners can inject cash into the club to pay for the expenditure then they should. They are not doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Barca and Real do this 'creative accounting' shit all the time and nobody bats an eyelid.
Not if you get a club into huge debt then can't maintain it. Barca can't afford Messi wages unless they give rid of loads of players.

Messi cant sign a new contract at Barca until they reduce their wage bill. FFP is quite rightly having an effect on Barca.

The Modern game sucks

I think they’re a proper club, and in a different time might e been a lot of prople’s Second team, but now they’re a hideous caricature of what a superclub should be.

With superclubs themselves being an abomination of what proper big clubs could / should be.

Surely it’s to prevent owners buying big then pulling out leaving club with high wages which they may not afford when the multi rich owners leave

The real issue is "The City Group"

As we have seen locally this group can manipulate domestic leagues by simply dosing "their" teams with players - managers - staff to boost that teams chance to get through a rough patch or gain upper hand in league.

There is a real danger of financial doping to the extent that one group / business positions itself to win all the marbles - their only competition is like minded companies and bored billionaires.

Look at Barca and its wage offerings for state sponsored dosing !

From The Mail on Sunday

In the 10 years to the end of 2020, City earned £1.7bn in commercial income. In the same period, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal averaged £1.1bn each, meaning City earned £600m more from commercial deals than those other clubs of similar size and status.

The difference with City's commercial earnings is that — unlike any of the other three — they are hugely reliant on sponsors in one territory, the UAE.

This potentially becomes a problem for City if it is conclusively proved that chunks of money apparently being paid as sponsorship by 'arms length' third parties was or is in fact ultimately being funded by City's owner or parties related to him, and not by the bodies claimed.

Doesn't take an expert in accountancy to see what's been going on for a long time.

Ultimately, nothing will happen as too many important people have their noses in the trough.

Journo's will get back in line and quieten down if the sheik can be bothered to make the phone call.

I won't for a minute attempt to downplay MC's apparent guilt in this - but is it any worse than others have done ?

Chelsea have been punished for similar before now haven't they ?

I can't help thinking billionaire owners don't need to be too inventive to 'sneak' funds into clubs without it being easily traceable - if they really want to

I will admit though - I don't know or fully understand the rules on signing & transfer fee ceilings - but I suspect I'm not alone in that

I also think clubs like Man City just try & get away with whatever they can anyway

What’s the point of any inquiry nothing is ever done to clubs like City , Barcelona, Madrid , PSG. Bans and fines issued by UEFA who themselves are a corrupt shower of wankers then everything is overturned and forgot about a couple of months later on appeal.

From The Mail on Sunday

In the 10 years to the end of 2020, City earned £1.7bn in commercial income. In the same period, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal averaged £1.1bn each, meaning City earned £600m more from commercial deals than those other clubs of similar size and status.

The difference with City's commercial earnings is that — unlike any of the other three — they are hugely reliant on sponsors in one territory, the UAE.

This potentially becomes a problem for City if it is conclusively proved that chunks of money apparently being paid as sponsorship by 'arms length' third parties was or is in fact ultimately being funded by City's owner or parties related to him, and not by the bodies claimed.

Doesn't take an expert in accountancy to see what's been going on for a long time.

Ultimately, nothing will happen as too many important people have their noses in the trough.

Journo's will get back in line and quieten down if the sheik can be bothered to make the phone call.

The FSG owner has been hinting at this for years.

I’m sure - on SSN I think - he said that he’d be interested to see what sort of £££ they were offered from the companies that didn’t have successful bids to sponsor City.

IF they’re bang to rights, they should be gone. Colossal fines in themselvesare eff3 timely a de facto bribe.

Oh, and countries / sovereign wealth fis da should not be allowed to own football clubs.

City also had a big hand in stopping the Saudi takeover of Newcastle which would have seen the big 6 become the big 7 with Newcastle arguably having the deepest pockets of them all. Hearing delayed till November.

City fans booing the CL anthem is pretty funny though…

Exactly.
Bailed out by their council's yet this political interference is ignored by uefa and fifa.

Post war Chelsea have been in the second division for 9 seasons in total. Average attendance during these 9 seasons was 20420. However excluding these years between 1963 and 2010 the average in division 1 was 29000. Which is not too bad in my view, especially with what was going on in and out of the club.

City are my English team but even I find it hard to argue against the argument that they've lost their soul.

All the top teams have bar Liverpool.

For the record, the championship is more entertaining than the EPL as a result.

Mediocre, club.

There’s 3 clubs in England; Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

The rest are all average.

Fuuck them all anyway. Mon the Watford.

City are my English team but even I find it hard to argue against the argument that they've lost their soul.

Ironically, the dodgy deals might have cost Liverpool titles.

Strip the títtíes.

Seems like a vendetta. The same thing is happening at all the big clubs, but for some reason it only seems City are being hounded.
City are winning on the football pitch.
Chelsea were banned from European competition for a season for similar.
And then come back and win the champions league.
I am no fan of either club but it’s clear the Spanish are behind this as they are hating the fact they cannot compete with the English clubs financially.
If City are being investigated this way, then PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool etc. should be too

They were my English team growing up in the 70’s and into the 80’s but I’ve long lost interest in following even the results of any English team. City are a circus but they’re not alone.

The Modern game sucks

26 thousand was the average attendance mid 80s.

This average attendance gets higher every time its mentioned.

That’s Liverpool who were one of the founders of the ESL, put staff on furlough during the lockdown (after announcing a large profit) and also tried to trademark the word “Liverpool” ?

I am no fan of either club but it’s clear the Spanish are behind this as they are hating the fact they cannot compete with the English clubs financially.
If City are being investigated this way, then PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool etc. should be too
Aye, it's only the Spanish that's behind this.

I'm sure all the other clubs in England have no problem with state aid being pumped in City.

The real issue is "The City Group"

As we have seen locally this group can manipulate domestic leagues by simply dosing "their" teams with players - managers - staff to boost that teams chance to get through a rough patch or gain upper hand in league.

There is a real danger of financial doping to the extent that one group / business positions itself to win all the marbles - their only competition is like minded companies and bored billionaires.

Look at Barca and its wage offerings for state sponsored dosing !
If the SFA weren’t so institutionally corrupt they should be looking at the links to celtc with all of this. What is the set up between city and celtc? How much does celtc pay to loan their players? There’s a danger it’s corrupting our league.

How are the Spanish behind the EPL investigating City?

That’s Liverpool who were one of the founders of the ESL, put staff on furlough during the lockdown (after announcing a large profit) and also tried to trademark the word “Liverpool” ?
I drifted from Liverpool when I found out that they had been buying houses around An field and letting them fall into disrepair thus destroying the value of the houses that were left meaning they got cheap land around the stadium for redevelopment

Back