New Man City financial cheating claims

How are the Spanish behind the EPL investigating City?
Football Leaks is apparently a Portuguese guy and the big investigation was by the German newspaper Der Spiegel.
However, I’m sure the Spanish are pushing in the background with UEFA.
It’s clear from some of their newspaper headlines earlier this year that they are clearly not enjoying playing second fiddle to clubs like Chelski and Citeh.

They used to get about 18 to 20,000 when they were in the old Div 2.
I went a few times in the 80s!!
Football attendances where low for all clubs in the 1980s,Chelsea where no different to most other clubs back then,football violence and the recession played a big part in that.

Football attendances where low for all clubs in the 1980s,Chelsea where no different to most other clubs back then,football violence and the recession played a big part in that.
In the same seasons I would go to White Hart Lane and Highbury where they would have over 40,000 as they were in Div 1.
I like Chelsea but when they were struggling their fans did not come out to support him like we did.

Messi cant sign a new contract at Barca until they reduce their wage bill. FFP is quite rightly having an effect on Barca.
Messi should be playing for minimal wages or leave, if he loves that club, they gave him a chance ,paid all his medical bills as a kid , looked after him and his family at a young age. Sorry know its not a messi thread.

Pretend football club!!!
Bollocks,I worked in Manchester for a few years and the fans were exceptional.The old Main Rd was always nearly full,despite years of up and down the divisions and watching their bitter rivals dominate.
I went to watch City regularly and the fans were loyal as %^*&.
Its the owners who have ruined the image,not the fans,who will be there for generations once the rich owners get fed up with their plaything.

Bollocks,I worked in Manchester for a few years and the fans were exceptional.The old Main Rd was always nearly full,despite years of up and down the divisions and watching their bitter rivals dominate.
I went to watch City regularly and the fans were loyal as %^*&.
Its the owners who have ruined the image,not the fans,who will be there for generations once the rich owners get fed up with their plaything.

I don’t grudge the Man City fans one singletrophy, however, the way that their club has went about it is about as kosher as Christmas.

Last edited:
That’s Liverpool who were one of the founders of the ESL, put staff on furlough during the lockdown (after announcing a large profit) and also tried to trademark the word “Liverpool” ?
I'm not talking about Fenway Sport's.

In the same seasons I would go to White Hart Lane and Highbury where they would have over 40,000 as they were in Div 1.
I like Chelsea but when they were struggling their fans did not come out to support him like we did.
Arsenal and spuds average attendances where 32,500 and 30,000 respectively.
Saville calculator being used mate.
As you said Chelsea 2nd div,other two in 1st not really a big difference though.
We had poor attendances in the 80s as well as did all football right across the board.

Arsenal and spuds average attendances where 32,500 and 30,000 respectively.
Saville calculator being used mate.
As you said Chelsea 2nd div,other two in 1st not really a big difference though.
We had poor attendances in the 80s as well as did all football right across the board.
No offence, I never checked the average attendances but certainly the games I went to Highbury and The Lane were always well attended.
I was certainly not using any Suville calculator thank you very much.
It was a different era but it was also one when real working class fans could afford to go to football and there was a proper atmosphere.
Chelsea had a reputation for bother in the same way that Millwall did at the time.
However, it was never really as bad as made out to be and many aholes played up to it when nothing was really going on.

They used to get about 18 to 20,000 when they were in the old Div 2.
I went a few times in the 80s!!
Sounds about right mate. Look at our crowds in the 80's till souness. I might be wrong, but I'd say 15 to 20,000 maybe about right with many games against the lower teams in the league under 10,000. Always plenty empty seats as you'll know.

That's why it was easy to notice the copland nutter make a legend of himself

No offence, I never checked the average attendances but certainly the games I went to Highbury and The Lane were always well attended.
I was certainly not using any Suville calculator thank you very much.
It was a different era but it was also one when real working class fans could afford to go to football and there was a proper atmosphere.
Chelsea had a reputation for bother in the same way that Millwall did at the time.
However, it was never really as bad as made out to be and many aholes played up to it when nothing was really going on.
No offence taken at all mate,absolutely different era as you say when going to a football match always had an edge and violence was always prevalent right across Britain.
I attended games back then,Chelsea,Rangers and Linfield and was the best time imo to be football fan,crazy days.
Times have changed and football has changed the once working class man's game has become a sterile soulless experience.

Good on them. FFP is a complete farce anyway. If owners can inject cash into the club to pay for the expenditure then they should. They are not doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Barca and Real do this 'creative accounting' shit all the time and nobody bats an eyelid.
Madrid city council paid Real 400 million for a shabby old training ground

Back