New manager announcement?

No, I don't think it will be Clarke. There is a lot of trust now in Mark Allen following his January dealings, and they appear to be allowing him to do his job on the recruitment side. That puts Allen's job and reputation on the line, therefore I expect it will be someone he has knowledge of from down South. So here is my own shortlist of who he may be considering:

Alex Neil - Won promotion for Norwich to EPL, doing a good job at Preston.

Neil Warnock - Old School, could get Cardiff back in the EPL. The Wyllie old fox has indicated he may not fancy another crack at the EPL. Strong rumours he is currently having a water front property built in Helensburgh, whether that is for his retirement or if there is more too it we shall see.

Outsiders

Nigel Pearson - Did a good job in his two spells with Leicester currently looking after OH Leuven B side in Belgium. Tipped hotly for West Brom. However If any truth in McArthur rumours then Pearson won't be the new boss, as Pearson nearly lost his job for putting his hands around McArthur's throat after losing to Palace in 2015.

Patrick Vieira - Someone Allen had close dealings with when at Manchester City currently City's sister Club New York's boss, believed he wants to return to British football, was interviewed for Newcastle job pre Rafa, but most likely destination will be Arsenal.

Stuart Pearce - Former England Under 21, Manchester City Under 21, Notts Forrest and Olympic GB Team Manager, Currently Moyes assistant at West Ham.

Last edited:
They won't announce it until our season is finished because 1. they don't know who it is yet & 2. even if they did know it may "derail" our season (no laughing at the back)

f.uck knows who or when!

C20_B82_DD-_C238-4_AAB-_A76_E-70_FA5_E232_F3_B.gif

Another miserable defeat on Sunday could speed things up in that regard but if the new manager is currently employed it could be a while yet before we get an announcement.

Another miserable defeat on Sunday could speed things up in that regard but if the new manager is currently employed it could be a while yet before we get an announcement.
This is the key thing for me, I’m pretty sure the season will have ended before any new manager is announced.
My mo eh is on Clarke but it could really be anyone given our last three picks!

Hopefully the day after the last game and the new guy has the dross like Halliday and Martin shipped out on his first day.

No, I don't think it will be Clarke. There is a lot of trust now in Mark Allen following his January dealings, and they appear to be allowing him to do his job on the recruitment side. That puts Allen's job and reputation on the line, therefore I expect it will be someone he has knowledge of from down South. So here is my own shortlist of who he may be considering:

Neil Warnock - Old School, could get Cardiff back in the EPL. The Wyllie old fox has indicated he may not fancy another crack at the EPL. Strong rumours he is currently having a water front property built in Helensburgh, whether that is for his retirement or if there is more too it we shall see.

Outsiders

Nigel Pearson - Did a good job in his two spells with Leicester currently looking after OH Leuven B side in Belgium. Tipped hotly for West Brom. However If any truth in McArthur rumours then Pearson won't be the new boss, as Pearson nearly lost his job for putting his hands around McArthur's throat after losing to Palace in 2015.

Patrick Vieira - Someone Allen had close dealings with when at Manchester City currently City's sister Club New York's boss, believed he wants to return to British football, was interviewed for Newcastle job pre Rafa, but most likely destination will be Arsenal.

Stuart Pearce - Former England Under 21, Manchester City Under 21, Notts Forrest and Olympic GB Team Manager, Currently Moyes assistant at West Ham.

If we appoint Stuart Pearce then we are basically handing them 10IAR. The guy is absolutely useless as a manager. Some of his records are having the fewest goals scored in English top flight football at Man City, he nearly took them down too. Also had 3 wins in 21 games at Notts Forest.

I think Nigel Pearson would be a good appointment. Appears to be doing well with OH Leuven with limited resources. Also was apparently behind Leicester buying Kante.

I honestly think the board are still looking for the right man. Mark Allen will keep the football operations going for next season. As we are apparently looking at Arfield, MacArthur and Kamara.

Who knows. We might have someone picked already, the board might be working on it or they might just decide to do nothing. We really have no idea what is going on. The only thing we can be sure of is that Murty is the manager until the end of the season so I would expect nothing will be announced until after it's done.

Imo , the board and dof already know their man and will have had discussions with him hence the reason we are looking at guys like arfield , wouldn't be surprised to hear of similar signings(that's if we get arfield) in the next fortninght

Outsiders

Not sure if the Helensburgh house build is true but he had one built in Dunoon a couple of years ago and spends a lot of time there. Loves his fishing at Blairmore pier, spoke to him many a time.

Great guy.

Not sure if the Helensburgh house build is true but he had one built in Dunoon a couple of years ago and spends a lot of time there. Loves his fishing at Blairmore pier, spoke to him many a time.

Great guy.

Lad Peter sits beside in the GF1 told me this on Saturday, he's a joiner not working on it but two of pals a sparky and plumber are. Guy seemed totally geniue, he was trying to tell me where but I don't know Helensburgh very well so did that nodding along pretend "aye aye I know where you are" thing lol.

My money's on Alex Neil . . .
A score at 8/1
And yes, I do think he can win us the league and probably would have done this season if we'd had him instead of Pedro.

Lad Peter sits beside in the GF1 told me this on Saturday, he's a joiner not working on it but two of pals a sparky and plumber are. Guy seemed totally geniue, he was trying to tell me where but I don't know Helensburgh very well so did that nodding along pretend "aye aye I know where you are" thing lol.

I worked on the Dunoon one briefly, it really is something else. No expense spared, again on the waterfront.

If Cardiff win tonight mate Neil warnock will let us know he is coming . A guy told me at the game on Sunday he was shown a text and it’s Warnock and that he had already signed 2 players in pre contracts , don’t shoot the messenger but the news of Arfield and MacArthur seems maybe his source is maybe worth listening too ... just maybe

I worked on the Dunoon one briefly, it really is something else. No expense spared, again on the waterfront.

I really like Warnock he doesn't give a %^*& for distractions he treats other Managers and the press either contempt. Would love a piece of that right now.

Back