New manager contract

WilldeBoer

I wouldn't go down the lengthy contract route. A year rolling or summer of 2019 with further depending on targets being met. Let's face it, there's some chancers out there that will see it as gauranteed cash no matter how well or badly they do. Put in some incentives but another three year deal would be silly.

Managers always say 'we'll take it one game at a time'

Therefore a one game rolling contract is the best option.

Then every week we can have an FF poll for new manager.
I agree. And if he does the unthinkable and strings 3 wins in a row together we can reward him with a monthly rolling contract.

McInnes isn’t likely to leave his safe job with the sheep to risk a 12 month rolling contract in one of the most challenging jobs he could take in my opinion. Managers want security and if all goes wrong a pay off. 12 months may be accepted by a stop gap manager out of work I would guess

12 month rolling contract would be best but I'd also put in performance based incentives.

I like the idea of the rolling contract but it might not tempt the right calibre of manager and would only appeal to one currently out of work.

I like the idea of the 1 year rolling contract because it works for both parties.
It doesn’t actually.
I might say I want a 3 year deal with £1m if sacked. Club might say two years and £100k pay off and £1m release clause. Too many variables.

12 month rolling contract (well about 18, it should run until end of next season). If all is well then a 2 year deal could be dished out.

I wouldn't go down the lengthy contract route. A year rolling or summer of 2019 with further depending on targets being met. Let's face it, there's some chancers out there that will see it as gauranteed cash no matter how well or badly they do. Put in some incentives but another three year deal would be silly.

That's a stupid idea, what decent manager worth his salt, would accept that as a contract.Especially when were trying to rebuild the scouting and a new management team.Let's be more positive and give the right manager time to knit his squad together,otherwise we'll be back to square 1.

Managers always say 'we'll take it one game at a time'

Therefore a one game rolling contract is the best option.

Then every week we can have an FF poll for new manager.
You have got to be joking, this last week has been brutal. I just about give up with this place at times like these.

For any consistency and bringing new players he would need to be on a two year then a rolling contract as it would be hard for him to talk players into coming or getting Kenny to sign another year with them knowing he could upsticks after a year

McInnes isn’t likely to leave his safe job with the sheep to risk a 12 month rolling contract in one of the most challenging jobs he could take in my opinion. Managers want security and if all goes wrong a pay off. 12 months may be accepted by a stop gap manager out of work I would guess
Let him stay in his safe job then fuk him.

Let him stay in his safe job then fuk him.

Good luck tempting these amazing targets that are dying for a 12 month contract with us. The idea is idealistic, to get Eck you can offer 12 months rolling, to get anyone with any kind of reputation or record in the game currently you are going to have to offer slightly better terms

What if your 3 top targets won't accept that?

What if your 3 top targets won't accept that?

None of the candidates linked are worthy of a long term contract. They all come with risks attached. Obviously if Carlo Ancelloti says I'm only coming if I get a three year deal then that's a no brainer. However, I'm not risking the financial future of the club on anyone less than absolutely top class. We are not in the market for absolutely top class given the names in the frame.

None of the candidates linked are worthy of a long term contract. They all come with risks attached. Obviously if Carlo Ancelloti says I'm only coming if I get a three year deal then that's a no brainer. However, I'm not risking the financial future of the club on anyone less than absolutely top class. We are not in the market for absolutely top class given the names in the frame.

So you'll hardly be risking the financial future as their wage won't even be on a par with a squad player?
So what's your point?
The quality is shite, but we'll go to 4th or 5th choice shite if people want a proper contract and not the football equivalent of a zero hour gig.

So you'll hardly be risking the financial future as their wage won't even be on a par with a squad player?
So what's your point?
The quality is shite, but we'll go to 4th or 5th choice shite if people want a proper contract and not the football equivalent of a zero hour gig.

My point is you bring a guy in on a deal that isn't a long term commitment. If he does well you give him a better deal. If he doesn't it's not as big a financial burden to get rid.

My point is you bring a guy in on a deal that isn't a long term commitment. If he does well you give him a better deal. If he doesn't it's not as big a financial burden to get rid.

So just the manager should take the risk.
Potential new country, new house, School, maybe even forced new car depending where his stearing wheel is.
Move family, all that Jazz.
For a club who think they'll need to pay you off without giving a full years wage never mind a full contract worth.
I'm sure some really good managers would choose Rangers over other clubs given those terms.

If only someone would tell the footballing chairmen near and far it was all that simple.

I think it's very hard to sell the idea of a "project" like we keep being hit with if the manager is only here on 12 month rolling contract as opposed to say a 3 year deal.

Can see the benefits of both tbh

How are folk saying a 12 montn contract is good for both parties?

How is that remotely true? 12 months guaranteed wages v 3 years - i know what one i’m taking.

Back