New membership scheme

We aren’t going to put a full proposal to fans for approval. That’s unrealistic. We have a number of focus groups still to go but we will be feeding the info back into the decision makers. The thing I think that’s important is to have flexibility in the future as it’s in practise that we will see what works great and what needs tweaked.
I’m really optimistic about this.
I will be honest here, imo the club has already made its made its mind up with what’s happening, these ‘focus groups’ will change nothing

Still have my pioneer badge from the last membership scheme...

Ditto, should be worth a good 500 points at least.

As with all of these kind of things I’ll reserve judgement until I see the detailed proposal/tiers etc.

It has its flaws but selfishly I like the CCCS system. More than happy to put my card details in at the start of the season in full knowledge I will get all home games and a chance at Hampden tickets in a ballot, would be disappointing if the bar got too high for that and it became a closed shop.

Loyalty system sounds promising in parts .

The rest of it just stinks of a money making scheme with the merchandise, using club facilities.

Spend as much money as u can in the hope of getting tickets!
That’s it in a nutshell mate, cough up and keep coughing up more ... money making scheme all right

With the loyalty point system for allocating tickets for matches away from Ibrox it would be good if there was still a ballot amongst members who register an interest for the game. Keep a percentage reserved so that everyone has at least a chance of getting a ticket for a game but the members who have the most points get an opportunity to buy first.

No it’s a different point

In the context of loyalty points which is aimed primarily at Away tickets, foreign fans paying the equivalent of £230 approx for a personal RTV subscription isn’t comparable to fans buying STs.

All money going into the club should absolutely be commended but some things are irrelevant in context of someone’s eligibility to buy tickets. Could’ve been lost in translation

That is an absolute shambles.

Points for paying your ST upfront, buying merch & hosting functions at Ibrox is a disgrace. Football is a working class mans game and this is a scheme tailored towards the rich amongst the support - despite the fact they’re mostly already in the members club/hospitality suites and get as many tickets as they wish.

I’d really hope the fans, and the UB, kick up feck about this is if it gets the go ahead. What with UB being against modern football and all.

Fan power should win here, as that is a disgrace of a scheme.

All three of the things you are complaining about aren’t accurate/part of the initial loyalty standings.

functions categorically were not mentioned.

we said we can’t discuss merch.

when you pay or how much your ST costs will not impact on the loyalty point value for the season ticket.

In the context of loyalty points which is aimed primarily at Away tickets, foreign fans paying the equivalent of £230 approx for a personal RTV subscription isn’t comparable to fans buying STs.

All money going into the club should absolutely be commended but some things are irrelevant in context of someone’s eligibility to buy tickets. Could’ve been lost in translation

Membership isn’t just an away ticket scheme.

Classic Half truth following a meeting.

what was said was that the price of an international RTV subscription isn’t far away from a ST and should that loyalty be rewarded? I would think yes
Anyone who watches Rangers TV every match and has to put up with the commentary for 90mins deserves an extra point.

Giving an extra point for international rangers tv memberships is useless. There not in the country to benefit from getting tickets etc.

Just keep based on tickets etc.

Points for buying tickets, track ST usage. Track seatsub usage.
Points for ST
Point requirements for Away Games and then points for going.

Travel Club should be kept separate but is a mess already with day trippers on less points getting tickers before independent on more.

Anyone who watches Rangers TV every match and has to put up with the commentary for 90mins deserves an extra point.

Giving an extra point for international rangers tv memberships is useless. There not in the country to benefit from getting tickets etc.

Just keep based on tickets etc.

Points for buying tickets, track ST usage. Track seatsub usage.
Points for ST
Point requirements for Away Games and then points for going.

Travel Club should be kept separate but is a mess already with day trippers on less points getting tickers before independent on more.

it would allow them to earn historic points while abroad and it could aid them with high category games when they return (Celtic at home being an obvious example) or often we have overseas bears trying to get to the odd away euro game so can help there).

We aren’t going to put a full proposal to fans for approval. That’s unrealistic. We have a number of focus groups still to go but we will be feeding the info back into the decision makers. The thing I think that’s important is to have flexibility in the future as it’s in practise that we will see what works great and what needs tweaked.
I’m really optimistic about this.

Surely if it’s based on purchase history Rangers have full access so the logical option would be to consult the season ticket holders on the away scheme?

Based in Blackpool so pay for all games and have had a season ticket for years but won’t be at the top as I would literally have to quit my job to attend all the mid week games this year (despite the fact I’ve done a good few). This suits bears local to the stadium but I suppose that’s the ones who more than likely made it to the focus groups on a Wednesday during the day.

Not going to be great for me but any scheme isn’t going to suit everyone.

So if I bought a ST next year, and didn't swipe it for every game (shift worker), would I be penalised, or would SeatSub negate this?

it would allow them to earn historic points while abroad and it could aid them with high category games when they return (Celtic at home being an obvious example) or often we have overseas bears trying to get to the odd away euro game so can help there).

Celtic at home??

Last season the secondary tickets for that game went to sponsors. Fans didn't even get a chance Greg.

Look at LFC and MCFCs membership schemes. There mainly designed for Day Trippers and not the loyal bunch with STs.

MCFC £35 A Season - Intails access to the ST Waiting list, £5 off EPL Tickets 10% off merchandise.

LFC - Keep tickets for home games for members, 10% off merchandise, enrolled in their cups etc.

We don't have the fanbase for that. We can't even offer a merchandise discount as again we don't even know who's selling it and selling what. We have tickets on sale for our biggest game in years tomorrow. Seriously need to go back to the drawing board and work up more ideas.

that’s sort of semantics but I think it’s better to reward than punish.

But an x amount of points given for buying the season ticket In the first place I’m travelling from Belfast and unfortunately can’t get the time of work to attend all the midweek games don’t think myself and others in the same boat should be at a disadvantage because we don’t live near Ibrox.

They are not taking those who live more than 30 miles outside Glasgow into consideration and the costs to travel. A money making scheme to get people to purchase tickets for meaningless friendlies when most people are on holiday.

Does someone with a more costlier ST in Bar 72 get more points than a concession or juvenile ST in BF1 ?

I am all for the club making money but this stinks of getting fleeced in the hope of enticing you to part with even more of your cash in the hope of getting an away ticket. Not as much emotional blackmail but financial blackmail.

I think it's farcical to suggest that RTV subscribers would be rewarded with potential top tier games. I appreciate there are many fans abroad etc but priority has to be given to those who are buying season tickets and attending games.

Shouldn’t be given points for attending games imo should be deducted if you don’t attend or place the ticket on seatsub.

nonsense

cost me 150 At weekend and didn’t see game so I get a refund

I pay for seapn ticket yearly knowing I won’t make all I don’t use seat hub and shouldn’t be bribed to do so

What a load of sh**e! An over complicated scheme for the rich members of our support replaces a fair system which is in place now! For what, people crying over not getting away tickets more often or not getting a cup final ticket in a fair ballot!! Wise the feck up Greg!!

But an x amount of points given for buying the season ticket In the first place I’m travelling from Belfast and unfortunately can’t get the time of work to attend all the midweek games don’t think myself and others in the same boat should be at a disadvantage because we don’t live near Ibrox.

Which is a fair point and something that has been factored in - if you are aware you can’t come and put your ticket up on seat sub early enough you would get loyalty points as the club can then market that seat and get a benefit from it.

nonsense

I pay for seapn ticket yearly knowing I won’t make all I don’t use seat hub and shouldn’t be bribed to do so

If you can’t make the games why don’t you use seat hub ?

would you rather have an empty seat than let someone be at Ibrox in your place?

work in progress - some parts lack context and remember this is a discussion with what those there want.

we are looking to move to historic loyalty though as it’s the feedback we’ve been getting from fans.
What about the younger generation?

If anyone out there has a young son/daughter how is he supposed to introduce them to our great club?

Surely if it’s based on purchase history Rangers have full access so the logical option would be to consult the season ticket holders on the away scheme?

We have been doing focus groups since October I think it was as well as the fans survey that was done. This isn’t the first bit of consultation that has been done.

What a load of sh**e! An over complicated scheme for the rich members of our support replaces a fair system which is in place now! For what, people crying over not getting away tickets more often or not getting a cup final ticket in a fair ballot!! Wise the feck up Greg!!
I think you're bang on the money here

nonsense

Don’t think it’s nonsense atall if you’ve a season ticket and don’t try and ensure someone uses in your absence you should have points deducted within this new scheme why wouldn’t you want someone else in Ibrox cheering the team on?

My suggestion would be that points earned don't entitle you to anything. Rather you earn points and then "spend" them like a Hotel Loyalty scheme.

So, e.g. tickets for the Piggery might require 100 points whilst Rugby Park might be 10. Obviously as you spend points you have fewer available so it impacts you in terms of what you can buy in future - this would allow people to move up the list by saving over a period, whilst people who have bought a big ticket item have to take a back seat. Spending the points puts you in the ballot, but you get points refunded if unsuccessful.

For those who don't attend away games the points should be spendable on public sale home tickets - including Bheggar games or on merchandise/ RTV/ Shares.

Also I'd want to do deals with our partners so you could earn additional points by buying their services (or spend points to get discounts) - which generates business for the partner, gives the club additional leverage to do those deals and provides direct benefits to the fans from the partnerships.

All three of the things you are complaining about aren’t accurate/part of the initial loyalty standings.

functions categorically were not mentioned.

we said we can’t discuss merch.

when you pay or how much your ST costs will not impact on the loyalty point value for the season ticket.
So all 3 will having nothing to do with the scheme & points system?

Back