New membership scheme

Yeah, heard 5 years but not sure how they can include away games from 2015/16 when people who boycotted season before were unable to sign up for away games

In my opinion it should be ST for 5 seasons but away scheme for 4

a point that’s been raised and is being considered.

The points are used in allocating for the semi finals and finals but cccs is the first tier in that priority (ie cccs + high loyalty will get you a ticket)

Fair enough but do you need to be in the membership scheme to get semis/finals?

If the answer is no then why are tickets for semi/finals going to be given to non-members?

Fair enough but do you need to be in the membership scheme to get semis/finals?

If the answer is no then why are tickets for semi/finals going to be given to non-members?

Paid membership is optional.
CCCS is still that initial line for semis and finals though membership will help with your loyalty points total in acquiring these tickets.

Disagree. Rolling timeline and tiered status with some tickets guaranteed on each tier for most games will allow some different fans to attend. Though some games (such as Celtic away) would purely be loyalty.

the current system is massively flawed.

over 15000 on the away scheme and yet the additional ST J allocation still hasn’t sold out.
So you admit the richest then will be the same people who continually get the biggest most sought after games time and time again?

What incentive is that to a new member to get involved?

Paid membership is optional.
CCCS is still that initial line for semis and finals though membership will help with your loyalty points total in acquiring these tickets.

So that’s a no then.

So fans who aren’t members could end up with tickets for semis/finals but not contributing to the membership scheme.

I get the likelihood is that it likely wouldn’t happen but it could do.

For me that proves the scheme is been brought in as a mechanism to manage away games - I understand that other things are being included in it but ultimately it’s going after away games.

Has this points for buying merchandise and using club facilities been rubbished yet? Refuse to believe anyone in their right mind thinks that’s anything but ridiculous.

staff are being added that’s remit is specifically to deal with the data from membership.

the points for the initial loyalty standings haven’t been finalised. We wouldn’t look to use game by game for domestic away games initially nor would attendance data be used to build up the the points.

you would get a set number of points for being on the away cccs for that season.

Travel club points will be converted to the new system directly.
Plenty on the away CCCS don’t go to away games,they just punt the tickets they receive,so no change there..

Thats my issue and my primary concern with this scheme. The number of games I’ve missed this season due to them being midweek means I’m seriously questioning the value of retaining my season ticket next year vs just trying to buy tickets on a match per match basis. I seatsub it mostly though for these games and know that I’ll get a credit if I renew next season, but if I don’t renew due to the travel challenge I get zero back. So the club resells my ticket when seatsubbed and I get nothing back In that scenario. Not ideal really.

Loyalty program wise, I’d be interested in knowing if attending a match or using seatsub accrues the same points. Or will seatsubbing be less points? If less, that’s another blow for fans living further afield who can’t attend every game but still pay for their season ticket.
In a way what your saying is right I think seat sub points will be half this ties into the fact of the number of tickets not used during games etc
That makes no sense unless an RSCs category will be based on membership rather than ST holders.

If it’s the former, you have a situation where fans are paying twice. RSCs buy tickets for members without STs so it wouldn’t work
I get there is scenarios that cause an issue but at the moment we do have ghost rsc, we then have rsc allocation then we have the cccs allocation.

In essence validating the members of rscs through rangers numbers etc and giving them a higher split of the away tickets will then allow for them to still attend as we will know it is proper rscs

By then ensuring that the split on rsc and non rsc members will allow for rsc to thrive if they are valid clubs. But will also allow for non rsc away members to get tickets.

At the moment rsc has an allocation then they get the personal away allocation of travel members fed into rsc tickets already received which is stopping non rsc members getting tickets.

But we also have a situation people are buying season tickets putting them into the away scheme and selling on a cash basis per week or in cases not even bothering to as they can afford 4-500 quid a year just to get more tickets.

Its why our away membership is so high

I don't disagree with the home tickets either too many people just buy tickets as they think they are helping the club or want them for big games and yes financially they are helping the club however longer term this is stopping the next generation of fans getting tickets

Greg if you choose not to pay and join the membership scheme
Will you not be entitled to
Away European tickets
Domestic away league games
Domestic away cup games
Semi/finals at Hampden

5 years am sure it is.

Okay. So over the last 5 seasons-

2015-16 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2016-17 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2017-18 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2018-19 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs
2019-20 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs

All paid for up front but a few posts on this thread seem to suggest that we'll lose points for games that we never attended.
Seems a bit unfair given that in order to buy everything up front people need to work to pay for it but you're getting shafted. Not everyone lives a short commute from Ibrox nor does everyone have jobs that mean they can attend every game.

I can see some Bears who live outwith Scotland not renewing home CCCS or even giving up season tickets.
The club are saying loads of seats go unused each game,would be better looking into the reasons for this?
The driving force behind all of these changes looks like the club want to maximise income from the Seatsub scheme but by putting off some buying a ST there would be more seats available for games anyway.
The current systems aren’t perfect but I am sceptical about some of what seems to being proposed.

If it’s based on attending games only, it will be welcomed by the fans who go to every game and people who attend games every now and again will think it’s unfair.

If it’s based on attending games only, it will be welcomed by the fans who go to every game and people who attend games every now and again will think it’s unfair.

For example, do you think going to home games should have any impact on the travel club? Should the travel club be treated in the same category as away cccs?

The rationale behind the scheme is flawed as they don’t want a scheme that’s purely based on attendance as it would be a closed shop

For example, do you think going to home games should have any impact on the travel club? Should the travel club be treated in the same category as away cccs?

The rationale behind the scheme is flawed as they don’t want a scheme that’s purely based on attendance as it would be a closed shop
Away European games should be worth more points than a domestic game

Away European games should be worth more points than a domestic game

Why should it? Their whole argument for the scheme is to implement a framework which rewards fans for benefitting rangers

How does the travel club benefit the club more than domestic aways?

I’m speaking as someone on double figures for the travel club

Looks like a good scheme to be fair, can only be better than the current way tickets are distributed. However, I don’t agree with the functions, what about the long distance rangers fans who won’t be using the facilities for functions?

The people who attend all/most away games get the same number of away tickets from Rangers as everyone else on the away scheme.
They then have to work at getting tickets for the games they don’t get allocated.
Away tickets don’t just land on you lap,you need to go looking for them.

Why should it? Their whole argument for the scheme is to implement a framework which rewards fans for benefitting rangers

How does the travel club benefit the club more than domestic aways?

I’m speaking as someone on double figures for the travel club
I don’t work for the club so I couldn’t tell you. I’m speaking from a fans perspective

Greg if you choose not to pay and join the membership scheme
Will you not be entitled to
Away European tickets
Domestic away league games
Domestic away cup games
Semi/finals at Hampden

Membership will receive priority access to domestic away league and cup.

away European will exclusively be members.

semi/finals the barrier is cccs but will also be driven by loyalty so membership is an advantage.

The people who attend all/most away games get the same number of away tickets from Rangers as everyone else on the away scheme.
They then have to work at getting tickets for the games they don’t get allocated.
Away tickets don’t just land on you lap,you need to go looking for them.
That’s my point mate, I don’t know how they’d track game attendance outwith their own ticket allocations

Okay. So over the last 5 seasons-

2015-16 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2016-17 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2017-18 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs + 1 junior
2018-19 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs
2019-20 - 3 adult season tickets on the ccs

All paid for up front but a few posts on this thread seem to suggest that we'll lose points for games that we never attended.
Seems a bit unfair given that in order to buy everything up front people need to work to pay for it but you're getting shafted. Not everyone lives a short commute from Ibrox nor does everyone have jobs that mean they can attend every game.

you wouldn’t from your pre membership points. That would only be the case following implementation and into the future.

semi/finals the barrier is cccs but will also be driven by loyalty so membership is an advantage.
Any idea of the cost of this membership scheme?
People pay huge amounts to follow,follow as it is.

Looks like a good scheme to be fair, can only be better than the current way tickets are distributed. However, I don’t agree with the functions, what about the long distance rangers fans who won’t be using the facilities for functions?

like i've said rangers are punishing fans that stay further than 50 miles from Ibrox , i'd say 75% of our RSC work 9-5 jobs so have no chance of attending midweek games as we stay 220 miles away and rely on cars or other RSC's if we do attend midweek games , the other 25% are offshore either at the rigs or sea so miss 50% of games anyway .......... so it boils down to the clubs interpretation of what " Loyal " means

I don’t work for the club so I couldn’t tell you. I’m speaking from a fans perspective

Disagree entirely re travel club. Travel club shouldn’t be weighted more than domestic aways - you could have a situation like this season where someone’s been to all euro aways and no domestic and another’s been to all domestic and say 1 Euro but the person who’s been to all euros could get parkhead

That’s a complete nonsense

Disagree entirely re travel club. Travel club shouldn’t be weighted more than domestic aways - you could have a situation like this season where someone’s been to all euro aways and no domestic and another’s been to all domestic and say 1 Euro but the person who’s been to all euros could get parkhead

There’s no way of tracking someone who’s been to all domestic away games, I’ve missed 3 away games this season and only had 2 tickets from Rangers. So how would they know I’d been to the other games ?

The Travel Club should be kept separate(and run properly).
That way the Bears who use loads of holidays,spent plenty and travel thousands of miles to back the team get priority for European away match tickets.

There’s no way of tracking someone who’s been to all domestic away games, I’ve missed 3 away games this season and only had 2 tickets from Rangers. So how would they know I’d been to the other games ?
Exactly,the Bears who go to all/most domestic away games only get the same allocation as others on the away scheme.They have to work hard to source tickets for other games.
Which raises the question of where these tickets come from..folk on the away cccs who don’t even go to away games?.

the semi final/final is rubbish as someone ticking the box can still get a ticket over someone that has loyalty points , i mean that scenario will still happen @Greg Marshall ??

Exactly,the Bears who go to all/most domestic away games only get the same allocation as others on the away scheme.They have to work hard to source tickets for other games.
Which raises the question of where these tickets come from..folk on the away cccs who don’t even go to away games?.
Most come from RSCs. Does for me anyway but there will be people who go on the away scheme and sign up their family members, to increase the chance of an aberdeen or a hibs away etc and punt the lesser games

The reality is the system is out of control and needs something put in wether we agree or not it has to happen as it will eventually even itself out.

Aslong as it doesn’t effect supporters clubs also.

Just think the paying your season ticket money up front instead of over the 4 instalments is shocking.

I struggle for my bar72 season ticket payments but I will never give it up.

Most come from RSCs. Does for me anyway but there will be people who go on the away scheme and sign up their family members, to increase the chance of an aberdeen or a hibs away etc and punt the lesser games
I get mine from a mixture of both too,so the question still remains as to why they sign up and don’t use them themselves?.not sure these new proposals will solve much.

The reality is the system is out of control and needs something put in wether we agree or not it has to happen as it will eventually even itself out.

Aslong as it doesn’t effect supporters clubs also.

Just think the paying your season ticket money up front instead of over the 4 instalments is shocking.

I struggle for my bar72 season ticket payments but I will never give it up.
Is that a genuine proposal,surely not?

Who are these focus groups as the vast majority on here seem to hate these proposals! Was also told a while back by a prominent member of a supporters club from NI that the fee for joining such a scheme was being mentioned around the £70 mark! Everything I have read so far has farce written all over it!

I will now have too pay for a membership and pay for all home crap friendly's to try and get a chance of a Cup final ticket now on CCCS. It will make me think why bother joining CCCS now and only attend all the home league games from now on. I have already asked who are on the Focus groups and no answer from the SLO.

*Deleted* greg has confirmed basis few posts above

Whatever this becomes the main thing is for Rangers to realise that continuing the haphazard bordering on incoherent processes that have been used for 20+ years will make any change pointless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back