New membership scheme

The price of this is going to decide whether or not it’s going to be a success.

If £50 is correct (and I am aware that is conjecture at this point) I think that would be a extremely poor decision.

The price of this is going to decide whether or not it’s going to be a success.

If £50 is correct (and I am aware that is conjecture at this point) I think that would be a extremely poor decision.

Poor in what way? Personally think if it’s priced at £50 there’ll be little difference to the current numbers on the away scheme

I hope this isn’t the finished product, mate. I get it’s not your decision but this whole scheme will become a closed shop, and while I’ve had my ST for 24 year, it seems quite drastic.
But this is not really about home games is it? you have had your season ticket for 24 years, fair play but its about away games and cup semi's and finals .

Not Ibrox

I’d prefer the travel club to be separate unless domestic loyalty doesn’t convert to travel club.

would hate to miss out on a decent game next season abroad bevause someone who’s never been to a european away but has more loyalty points due to domestic games just rocks up and gets on
would that person go to that particular European away game not all domestic away followers do Europe ???

I’m in all the schemes and currently pay £20 for travel club membership. Am I reading this correctly that that fee will be gone but I will have to pay £50 now to be in everything?

First page needs to be updated. I will wait to see the final draft of the new membership before deciding if it’s good or not but reading through the posts it seems just like a money making exercise with various schemes being taken out and replaced with a points based system which is far more open to people abusing it than what is happening just now.

Poor in what way? Personally think if it’s priced at £50 there’ll be little difference to the current numbers on the away scheme

Poor in that the whole idea mooted in the first place of a membership scheme was a Barcelona and Benfica style socio setup.

One fee, one vote, one club, one support.
Everyone a part of the same thing for the same reason.

Your average punter in Ontario or Ipswich isn’t paying 50 notes is he?
And any tiered scheme defeats the purpose, IMO at least and ends up leading to divisiveness.

Again, this isn’t a thing yet and I have no desire to be some voice of negativity but I have desired a uniform equal membership scheme for years-it’s looking like it’s not going to exist.

Last edited:
It has its flaws but selfishly I like the CCCS system. More than happy to put my card details in at the start of the season in full knowledge I will get all home games and a chance at Hampden tickets in a ballot, would be disappointing if the bar got too high for that and it became a closed shop.
I agree I like the CCCS system as I get access to all home games and am in the ballot for Hampden tickets. I was unsuccessful in the last ballot but accept that. I think doing away with the CCCS would be a bad decision.

would that person go to that particular European away game not all domestic away followers do Europe ???
What I’m saying tho is.. someone could just jump on the bandwagon and use their domestic loyalty and folk that haven’t been going as long but have been going regular in Europe could miss out

What I’m saying tho is.. someone could just jump on the bandwagon and use their domestic loyalty and folk that haven’t been going as long but have been going regular in Europe could miss out
I would like to think within the scheme Europe although handy for the followers who do go europe and domestic that someone who does go to europe but not domestic will be looked after before someone possibly making their first european trip as a result of this scheme....again pick ticket up is another factor ...

Just me thinking btw

I agree I like the CCCS system as I get access to all home games and am in the ballot for Hampden tickets. I was unsuccessful in the last ballot but accept that. I think doing away with the CCCS would be a bad decision.
I don't think they are doing away with it. I think you need to pay the membership in addition to CCCS for top priority

I would like to think within the scheme Europe although handy for the followers who do go europe and domestic that someone who does go to europe but not domestic will be looked after before someone possibly making their first european trip as a result of this scheme....again pick ticket up is another factor ...

Just me thinking btw
This is predominantly a money making scheme so I would doubt it :))

I don't think they are doing away with it. I think you need to pay the membership in addition to CCCS for top priority
If it a case of paying a membership fee in addition to CCCS for top priority and the membership fee was say £50 (which is in effect £1 a week) then I would be happy with that.

If it a case of paying a membership fee in addition to CCCS for top priority and the membership fee was say £50 (which is in effect £1 a week) then I would be happy with that.
I think you also have to factor in loyalty points too.

Why would you scrap the travel club? So are all the points we’ve built up just getting thrown out? Farce if so.

Did you read the bit where it said people will be placed in the tier system based on the loyalty points you've got just now?

2 of the first five posts are yours and seemed to just be a rage at the keyboard without taking the points in.

I'm for this. The system just now doesn't work.

People should absolutely be rewarded for buying merchandise or putting money in to the club. Not everyone can attend every game and put money in by other means.

The people that go to most games just now will be the ones who will be most likely to get a ticket based on the loyalty system and they're also the people who currently spend most so this argument that it's going to price people out of things doesn't make sense.

The people going just now are currently the people with the most expendable cash as things stand anyway.

Last edited:
I’d prefer the travel club to be separate unless domestic loyalty doesn’t convert to travel club.

would hate to miss out on a decent game next season abroad bevause someone who’s never been to a european away but has more loyalty points due to domestic games just rocks up and gets on

I know things would change if we qualified for the CL and got one of the big guns, but are the majority of games over subscribed by TC members just now?
Vienna and Rotterdam being exceptions.

I think you also have to factor in loyalty points too.
Yes but if you have been in the CCCS for a number of years is one not likely to get a lot of loyalty points to start off with?

I'm for anything that rewards loyalty of the fans and is in the club's interest.

You still get to every game at Ibrox with your ST - all league and an option to buy your seat for everything else.

Yes but if you have been in the CCCS for a number of years is one not likely to get a lot of loyalty points to start off with?
Yes but you also have to factor in aways and European aways that we know of. Possibly other things like rangers TV going forward or whatever. Too much dodgy information and not a lot of clarity for now

So you'd rather the seat sat empty than someone else us it? Bizarre

Either use seatsub or let someone else use the ticket and you'll still get points for it.

I do attempt to offload it seat sub guarantees nothing and.

And no one misses out in a game the want to attend always plenty floating about ground before game

I see no reason why away tickets should count for points for semi-finals and finals . The money doesn’t go to the club so is irrelevant.

Did you read the bit where it said people will be placed in the tier system based on the loyalty points you've got just now?

2 of the first five posts are yours and seemed to just be a rage at the keyboard without taking the points in.

I'm for this. The system just now doesn't work.

People should absolutely be rewarded for buying merchandise or putting money in to the club. Not everyone can attend every game and put money in by other means.

The people that go to most games just now will be the ones who will be most likely to get a ticket based on the loyalty system and they're also the people who currently spend most so this argument that it's going to price people out of things doesn't make sense.

The people going just now are currently the people with the most expendable cash as things stand anyway.

I did read it, I think Euro aways should have its own scheme. There’s guys who travel to Euro aways who don’t live in the uk, who this will effect.

Think the merchandise point is ludicrous.

Well that could be a merchandise revenue replacement then.
100% correct. The club, or at least a couple of key people therein, have made a complete hash of our merchandise / SDI situation with the new contract balls up and have created a vast hole. So they want the fans to fill it.

This proposed membership scheme / meetings / liaisons and revamp of supporters "loyalty" is the cover. We have record ST sales but it is not enough. They pushed seat sub, purely to get extra revenue, but it was poorly received. So more drastic action is required.

Cannot make a game, do not seat sub it, and your standing as a supporter is hammered. They want folk without an ST to get access to the games so get in line or face the consequences. A lot of excuses when they should basically say we made an arse of a major income stream so we want to sell seats twice.

Thank you for your support and financing the club does not suit now, so your loyalty takes a fucking hit if you don't hand over your hard earned then allow them to sell your seat again if you have to work.

Memories are short.

I did read it, I think Euro aways should have its own scheme. There’s guys who travel to Euro aways who don’t live in the uk, who this will effect.

Think the merchandise point is ludicrous.

I'll fall into this category. I get over to Ibrox approx 5 times a season but go to the majority of euro away fixtures.

Under the new scheme, I reckon I'll still get to a few of the less attractive euro away games, but as soon as we draw a big team or are playing in a good city (Amsterdam etc) then I'll have no chance of getting a ticket.

I'll fall into this category. I get over to Ibrox approx 5 times a season but go to the majority of euro away fixtures.

Under the new scheme, I reckon I'll still get to a few of the less attractive euro away games, but as soon as we draw a big team or are playing in a good city (Amsterdam etc) then I'll have no chance of getting a ticket.

the travel club shouldn't be touched at all. spent thousands to get the points I have the now.

I agree they could use travel club points as a starting point to differentiate people at the gold level but they could do this whilst ensuring travel club exists in its current form.

Worrying if they change it as there’s likely a lot more in your position

It would be just as easy and simple to keep travel club membership in it's current format and simply add additional points for travel club games to the membership scheme.

i.e. 20 points added to the membership scheme for each travel club match attended, 10 points for each travel club point awarded for an unsuccessful application.

That way no current travel club members get shafted, those who live abroad and cannot attend Ibrox regularly but travel regularly to Euro away games don't get effectively punished for living where they do.

Maximum Points Loyal

Fans who are lucky enough to attend all the home games look like they’ll benefit.

Some people are not in a position to attend all home games due to work etc. These guys pay their Season ticket etc. but look like they’ll miss out because they’re not attending as many home games as others.

It’s quite a difficult one, there is no ‘one size fits all’ and there will be winners and losers.

Willing to give it a try though.

The club needs to make sure Bears who use holidays/spend a fortune/travel thousands of miles to support the team away in Europe continue to get priority for euro away tickets before someone who buys 100 Rangers ducks :)

It shouldn’t matter if you’re fortunate enough to be able attend all home matches r not...”everyone “ who pays for their season ticket/CCCS should be treated the same in any loyalty scheme.

In regards to not being able to attend all home games but pay your season ticket regardless @Greg Marshall has assured me if you put your ticket back on "Subseat" you are as loyal as the guy that goes to every game, there will be a cut off point though say for example you know a week In advance due to work or holidays or even possibly I'll health and put your Season Ticket back on "Seatsub" you'll get the loyalty point regardless if club has sold it or not.... But don't expect to put it back on seatsub 12 hours before a game and expect to get loyalty points as you're not exactly giving the club a chance to resell the ticket

For season ticket holders who stays 220 miles away or Northern Ireland or South Coast England so can't make every Wednesday night game it's essential in any scheme going forward, whether you are in 9-5 employment or shift work or even offshore/fishing because if not its like you are being punished for not staying within 50 miles of Glasgow.....

In regards to not being able to attend all home games but pay your season ticket regardless @Greg Marshall has assured me if you put your ticket back on "Subseat" you are as loyal as the guy that goes to every game, there will be a cut off point though say for example you know a week In advance due to work or holidays or even possibly I'll health and put your Season Ticket back on "Seatsub" you'll get the loyalty point regardless if club has sold it or not.... But don't expect to put it back on seatsub 12 hours before a game and expect to get loyalty points as you're not exactly giving the club a chance to resell the ticket

For season ticket holders who stays 220 miles away or Northern Ireland or South Coast England so can't make every Wednesday night game it's essential in any scheme going forward, whether you are in 9-5 employment or shift work or even offshore/fishing because if not its like you are being punished for not staying within 50 miles of Glasgow.....

Exactly right. 370 miles from South Wales for this season ticket holder and midweek games are rarely possible. Although I wish I’d made it up this week! Seatsub used frequently in my case so I certainly hope this is fairly accounted for in the membership scheme. If it works as you’ve suggested above, fair enough.

Exactly right. 370 miles from South Wales for this season ticket holder and midweek games are rarely possible. Although I wish I’d made it up this week! Seatsub used frequently in my case so I certainly hope this is fairly accounted for in the membership scheme. If it works as you’ve suggested above, fair enough.

That was what Greg said at the meeting before Thursdays game as this was a prime concern of lads off our bus, every Rangers game is an away game when home games take 14 hours out of your day......

Apologies for not mentioning Wales

So will those who boycotted to help rid the club of spivs be punished re loyalty?

Has this been covered or taken in to account?

@Greg Marshall

What was said at the meeting was loyalty points start on season tickets from Season 2015/16 CCCs the season after and travel club 2011 I think, at the meeti g I brought up the fact that I gave season ticket and bank details to Dave King to force through regime change which was countered by "I support a team not a regime by another RSC rep" I appreciate both points but Greg said a line had to be drawn and that was where they felt was best

Back