New Perth Stadium - Australia

The Shadow

For the stadium buffs

Due to open late this year/early next year

Capacity 60,000

1685_16-01-2016_5644.jpg

1685_20-10-2015_5347.jpg

Are they doing away with the WACA and Subiaco then? I know the NAB where the Glory play was getting expanded just before I left so I doubt they’ll be playing in the new stadium anytime soon.

You realise how far football is in the UK when you see stadia like that from abroad.

Tottenham will probably have the best in the UK once it's finished. I have relatives in America who got a tour of Green Bay packers ground and said it was incredible . Museum , restaurants, shops, the lot. They spent 140 million just doing it up . A 30 year waiting list for tickets !!

Imagine bringing someone from Green Bay to Ibrox to see portakabins , listen to the megamix and eat a cauld pie !! Different sport but we have a lot we could learn from abroad.

Visiting Perth in December/January, hopefully something on while we're there.

Are they doing away with the WACA and Subiaco then? I know the NAB where the Glory play was getting expanded just before I left so I doubt they’ll be playing in the new stadium anytime soon.

The WACA will be used for tests against the likes of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, with the new ground hosting England, South Africa and New Zealand.

Visiting Perth in December/January, hopefully something on while we're there.
Ashes summer down there this year. Perth is usually the 3rd test in mid December but I’d imagine all the tickets are gone for that. Might get a ODI in January.

The Aussie cricket team will miss the WACA.

That was always their stronghold in the Ashes.

They've got a great record there against England.

Think Perth scorchers will still use the WACA , I'm glad I'm over for last test in December, as someone said the Aussies will miss the old place. A proper cricket ground love it there.

You realise how far football is in the UK when you see stadia like that from abroad.

Tottenham will probably have the best in the UK once it's finished. I have relatives in America who got a tour of Green Bay packers ground and said it was incredible . Museum , restaurants, shops, the lot. They spent 140 million just doing it up . A 30 year waiting list for tickets !!

Imagine bringing someone from Green Bay to Ibrox to see portakabins , listen to the megamix and eat a cauld pie !! Different sport but we have a lot we could learn from abroad.
From what I've seen of the artists impressions, they surely will. The only flaw is that with Spurs set to break the English Premier League attendance record this weekend, it's already proven to be too small. Edit: for the avoidance of doubt, the best of the new stadiums and not a patch on The Stadium.

Over in WA in November and December and got tickets for the Ashes at the WACA. Was a bit disappointed the new stadium wasn't open for this. Also got tickets for the Adelaide test at the Adelaide Oval which I understand is another impressive stadium.

Got tickets for Ed Sheeran in March, think its the opener, Perth is screaming out for a stadium like this to attract top events, completely ignored up to now, which will probably continue!

The oval grounds are shit, too far away from the players and I feel the atmosphere isn't the same.
That stadium is purely for Afl and cricket, looks impressive but will be shit for Football.
I have watched games at the MCG and it's the same.

Is it just me or does all these new built round stadiums all look the same .so glad Ibrox has character and is unique
One thing i'll give credit to Liverpool for was rebuilding their new stand but keeping it within the character of the ground. Far better than these copy and paste oval jobs like Arsenal and City

Return flights to Perth from Scotland only £650

Why not visit and take in the ORSA convention at the same time?

ORSA 2018 is being held in Perth Australia in March next year.

Some fantastic guests already lined up with others provisionally booked in and will be confirmed later this year.

March 1st - Golf Day Out & Meet & Greet
March 2nd - Rottnest Boat Trip & Best of British DJ Night
March 3rd - ORSA Agm + BBQ & Dinner Dance at Crown Towers
March 4th - Sundowner Recovery Session

This is the height of summer in Perth and temperatures guaranteed to be between 30-40 degrees consistently.

Cheap flight deals also available, roughly £650 return from Glasgow.

All welcome, you only live once so why not give it a go? Plenty people from Scotland & other countries already booked up to come across for the week.

Contact us on the following and see the YouTube advert below for further info.

Email: perthrsc@hotmail.com

Twitter: @PerthrscAus

Facebook: Perth Rangers Supporters Club

16iv28p.jpg

Over in WA in November and December and got tickets for the Ashes at the WACA. Was a bit disappointed the new stadium wasn't open for this. Also got tickets for the Adelaide test at the Adelaide Oval which I understand is another impressive stadium.
Don't be disappointed mate WACA is fantastic venue for the cricket. I will be there with my Kinning park loyal banner

Back