New pitch at Ibrox

Yes, Ross Wilson indicated this in the recent Webinar.

Said him and the football staff were frustrated with the state of our pitch and with it interfering with our playing style.

Says he had been constantly knocking on Robertson's door to address it once and for all.

Thankfully things seem to be moving in the right direction at last.

SIS Pitches doing ours we’ve had some dealings with them regarding supplying some material locally

Said him and the football staff were frustrated with the state of our pitch and with it interfering with our playing style.

Says he had been constantly knocking on Robertson's door to address it once and for all.

Getting harder for you to moan moodyblue at the club.

Not got a clue what happened to the pitch this season but at times is was a shambles. Hopefully this new one will be like a bowling green and we can get the likes of Kamara and Aribo dancing past the back 10 of Motherwell

I remember when we got a new pitch in the mid 90’s. The old pitch got sold off at a fiver for a metre or so.

Whoever is living in my old house doesn’t realise there’s some turf from Ibrox in the back garden.
Yep. I went to Ibrox and paid for a section of turf. Still in my parents back garden.

Bears have been asked if they could kindly get a roll of turf from Gerrard square at the weekend and drop it off at Ibrox.

I remember when we got a new pitch in the mid 90’s. The old pitch got sold off at a fiver for a metre or so.

Whoever is living in my old house doesn’t realise there’s some turf from Ibrox in the back garden.
Me too.
Drove through from Dundee (when I was a youngster in the 80's) and purchased 20 metres for the side of my first 'big hoose'.
Probably still there, 30 years later.

The pitch has looked ok since March however it was horrendous in Jan/Feb as it was last year too. Hopefully rectified with the work to be done. Incidentally, the pitch at the chamber of secrets didn’t fair any better this winter and I do remember them getting a very expensive refit of the turf under Rodgers.

Can our resident turf man shed some sunlight on what exactly is required to fully overhaul our pitch?

It looks great again after the fine spring weather and little rain since February, but even now when I look at how it compares to say Liverpool pitch at the weekend, it looks inferior.

Anfield looks so fast and slick and the ball zips over the surface.

With the proper money spent on it, could we achieve an EPL surface, or does our weather, light/shade / "water table?" and proximity to the river always make it a hard job to keep the pitch A1 over the majority of season? And would a full rework ever remove what I've always thought is a very pronounced "camber"

And how much does this cost on average to do the full bhuna?

Several questions i know, but it's something I know nowt about.

I wonder if this confirms we won’t be digging into the water table then . No way we’d be spending this for a fancy new pitch if we were going to dig down for news seats

Can our resident turf man shed some sunlight on what exactly is required to fully overhaul our pitch?

It looks great again after the fine spring weather and little rain since February, but even now when I look at how it compares to say Liverpool pitch at the weekend, it looks inferior.

With the proper money spent on it, could we achieve an EPL surface, or does our weather, light/shade / "water table?" and proximity to the river always make it a hard job to keep the pitch A1 over the majority of season? And would a full rework ever remove what I've always thought is a very pronounced "camber"

I'd say you know just a wee bit :D

tenor.gif

Good drainage is the answer as it’s obvious ours holds on to water for too long

We actually got lucky this season with the dry winter, it was never anywhere near as bad as it was in Jan/Feb 2020 after weeks of heavy rain.

It just about stood up this season and remained reasonably firm until the good weather and temperature from early March made a significant difference.

But looks like a big change is finally coming

Can you imagine what we would be like if Stevie gets the pitch he wants, ffs we’ve won 17 outta 17 in the league this year, that’s some stat for a pitch we can’t play on.

Back