New pitch at Ibrox

I wonder if they do discounts for season ticket holders.??
My back garden looks like Bruce Willis’s napper.
I've the opposite problem, lol. Due to the council taking over 6 months to repair a burst drain out back I've literally had a couple of rivers running through it and my grass is definitely more Worzel Gummidge than Bruce Willis. B-)

Same company as last year my mates sons company. My mate will be working on it as well. its the new hibrid. Apart from the water table problem the other probem not much sun gets on to the pitch. They recon the hibrid dosent need as mutch sun.

We could choose to play like killie and have more seats or be a better improved version of this season with the same amount of seats but a cracking pitch.

More seats aren't going to qualify for the last 8...
You've missed the point again. Maybe it's me. We were always going to improve the pitch at some point. The pitch improvement would either take place after we've lowered the pitch or decided that we were not going to do so. This news suggests that we are not going to do so. So instead of increased capacity plus new pitch we're just going to get new pitch. Though welcome in itself, that is disappointing from the point of view of ground capacity. (And in terms of the long term development of the club, and our ability to keep putting out a competitive team, ground capacity matters).

How much would the new pitch cost ? And how much for the Liverpool level one ? Would annual maintenance be more for there higher grade ?

How much would the new pitch cost ? And how much for the Liverpool level one ? Would annual maintenance be more for there higher grade ?
No idea on your first two mate but have a read of the post by @HumpZ (post #58). Seems to suggest Liverpool spend more than 4 times as much annually on their pitch than we will.

Will it ever be like Anfield? Most likely not as our budget through the year doesn't match what they spend in about 3 months! It will however be a very very good surface.

You've missed the point again. Maybe it's me. We were always going to improve the pitch at some point. The pitch improvement would either take place after we've lowered the pitch or decided that we were not going to do so. This news suggests that we are not going to do so. So instead of increased capacity plus new pitch we're just going to get new pitch. Though welcome in itself, that is disappointing from the point of view of ground capacity. (And in terms of the long term development of the club, and our ability to keep putting out a competitive team, ground capacity matters).
I'm not sure people realise how bad the pitch issue is. As I've said already, I'm out the game a good while, however the pitch and construction we have is completely unsustainable, it's massively out of date and needs repaired immediately. The stadium isn't going anywhere, if we get more seats great. The pitch is a living breathing essential, it takes priority

SIS are only installing the Hybris section, another company will be doing all the other work. Who's your mates company?

Hybrid doesn't make up for a lack of sunlight as such, it means we'll have a better coverage to help deal with it but the grass still needs more light than it's getting. The seed being used requires the same eamount of light as it currently does.

More light Rigs are being looked at to help with this but another huge expense
would your view be that we will not be lowering the pitch to add more seats in the next 2-3 years mate due to this work we are carrying out on/below the surface?

I would honestly be surprised if it happens anytime soon.

Covid has set us back along way like most clubs
Where are the new seats going to come from if it’s now official we aren’t lowering the pitch mate ?

SIS are only installing the Hybris section, another company will be doing all the other work. Who's your mates company?

Hybrid doesn't make up for a lack of sunlight as such, it means we'll have a better coverage to help deal with it but the grass still needs more light than it's getting. The seed being used requires the same eamount of light as it currently does.

algrass doing pitch already started on pedodome.

They could have made a fortune if they lifted chunks of it and sold it.
we should redo this, sell even more

grass1.png

This might be bat shit mental, but can some sort of light reflection be considered? Do you think?

Back