New Players Vs Them.

Methlick Loyal

Out of all the new lads signed this season, how do we think they'll react / handle their first game?

With all the hype leading up to it, the emotion of the day - I know it will probably be dictated by how the game goes, but I think Pedro has assembled a group of players with certain qualities and I expect they will go out, relish in the occasion and give everything.

My only concern is I think Morelos could bite back to hard if wound up, but if he (and the rest) carries on with the great form shown so far, we're in with a shout - but 11 men for the duration is a must.

One of these early doors please:

I think we will fair better than last season, that's for sure. Alves will handle it no problem at all and Morelos will be right up for getting a goal!
Jack will relish getting stuck in as well, and with Dorrans, he should hopefully dislike them as much as we do.

Can see a repeat of the Hibs game happening in all honesty. I just hope we've learned from that.

I think we now have several players who won't be overawed and will handle the occasion. Alves, Dorrans, Jack, Wallace and Morelos looks like he plays with no fear at all, he plays like a wean in the park!

Rossiter should also be coming in for Miller for this one to tighten it up in the middle so another who doesnt shy away from a scrappy game

Candieas, Tav, Wallace and probably Windass will be key to beating that mob. Put them under pressure and contain them in wide areas and they will crack.

I don't doubt any of our players in terms of their mentality, even Windass looks a man reborn. I think they'll relish the occasion, if we take our chances (and with the Goleador on the pitch...) who knows.

I genuinely think they'll do well , The only one I'd fear for is Morelos as they dirty c*nts will try every trick in the book to get him to react. If he keeps the head he will score and that won't do his confidence any harm at all !

So I usually go into every game with we're giving this mob a pumping that's the heart. My head tells me we are light in the middle of the park Dorrans has been quiet but Jack is the unsung hero we need another player in there against the mhanks. The balance up front isn't there yet Morellos and candyass are real finds no worries about them. At the back tav and Wallace are improving game by game Cardoso is my big worry here so far he doesn't look good when players run at him and that's what that mob are good at. Bruno is the exemplar of a modern day defender cool personified. Wes will be brilliant or make a howler still not consistent enough to be a top tier gorammcgregoresque like keeper . Expecting a win would settle for a draw and a few markers laid on those khunts

Morelos needs to keep the head, can see him being targeted.

Hopefully this is an accurate representation of Bruno's first interaction with the lego muching drool merchant;

giphy.gif

Discreetly of course :rolleyes:

I've absolutely no worries for any of our guys.

Last season we lacked quality and the mentality, things have definitely improved on both those fronts recently.

A win on the 23rd and all the pressure is turned onto them.

Last edited:
They have a pretty much settled team and squad. We are still gelling.

No doubt with their 'invincible' chat they are confident. But the pressure will be on them, they wont want us to stop their unbeaten run.

If we can match them, keep them in their box for a half hour, will be interesting. We have a better starting 11 than last year, way better, and the mentality looks like a different animal.

Not shiting it by any manner of means this time. I cant say that about least season.

Can see a repeat of the Hibs game happening in all honesty. I just hope we've learned from that.
That's the only niggling doubt regarding our mentality was how easily everyone was wound up in that game. Obviously the ref had a part to play in that as if he sends Stokes off for his assault on Tav, we settle down and control things more. That incident for me was the catalyst for everything that followed.

Wallace and Tav need to hold back as they hit balls wide into space where they have pace, we can counter them as we have pace

After Morelos answering various posters in the old transfer thread maybe one of you could dm him and ask him to keep the head

I've absolutely no worries for any of our guys.

Last season we lacked quality and the mentality, things have definitely improved on both those fronts recently.

A win on the 23rd and all the pressure is turned onto them.

Absolutely correct. The pressure has to be on them regardless, as that's what "the general public" are expecting anyway.

Back