New Points Tables for the Euros?!

Superrangers

Just switched on the sky coverage of Spain v Norway. They put up a group table with points as the first column. Is nothing sacred in football? Have never seen this before. Is this a new thing?

Just switched on the sky coverage of Spain v Norway. They put up a group table with points as the first column. Is nothing sacred in football? Have never seen this before. Is this a new thing?

I’ve noticed this happening a lot seems to be a new thing .

To be fair a hate all this modernisation crap, tables a mess, low block ect ect ruining it

Football in 30years will be fucked if they keep trying to evolve it into something different to what he has been for 100s of years.

I broadly agree however some developments have been for the better . Shin pads , goalkeeper gloves , extra subs, and possibly VAR could prove worthwhile .

However much of the rest of it just seems like change for changes sake

I'm 28 and am now finding that I don't understand young people or change and that what I don't understand scares me. Keep the points column at the end, round up the rat bastards trying to alter the status quo and burn them.

azdmy1.jpg

I've seen two people in this thread refer to a "low block" but I've no clue what it is unless it's obvious i.e. A player slides in and makes a low block but that would not explain why they do not like that expression so I must be wrong.

What is it?

Played, won, lost, drawn, goals for, goals against, points.

If it’s not that then it’s plain wrong.

To be honest, most people who look at league tables look at the following in this particular order:

1. Points
2. Games played
3. Goal difference
4. Then if they want to make excuses for anything - they’ll analyse the rest of the pish

Makes sense to arrange the columns like this.

To be fair a hate all this modernisation crap, tables a mess, low block ect ect ruining it

Football in 30years will be fucked if they keep trying to evolve it into something different to what he has been for 100s of years.

It not been the same for 100s of years , wasn’t long ago keepers never wore gloves , things naturally evolve.

Was it coming from the Spanish feed?
Spain always have done points first. Or at least for as long as I've read papers here.

To be honest, most people who look at league tables look at the following in this particular order:

1. Points
2. Games played
3. Goal difference
4. Then if they want to make excuses for anything - they’ll analyse the rest of the pish

Makes sense to arrange the columns like this.
No it doesn't lol. Why does it make sense to have people change what they've always known for absolutely zero reason?

How are UEFA working out tables? In Scotlands group they have Kazakhstan third on 3 points and Cyprus in 4th on 3 points but Cyprus have a better goal difference and have scored more goals as well so surely they should be third?

No it doesn't lol. Why does it make sense to have people change what they've always known for absolutely zero reason?

Yes it does lol

Points tally is the most important thing, so it’s unsurprising that it’s going to become the first column on the table.

Did you freak out when teams were awarded three points for a win instead of two?

Did you go off on one when you found out that GK’s could no longer pick the ball up from a pass back?

Times change, don’t be scared of change mate. You’ll get used to it.

Yes it does lol

Points tally is the most important thing, so it’s unsurprising that it’s going to become the first column on the table.

Did you freak out when teams were awarded three points for a win instead of two?

Did you go off on one when you found out that GK’s could no longer pick the ball up from a pass back?

Times change, don’t be scared of change mate. You’ll get used to it.
No there was valid points to the cnanges mentioned. So do you find it an incredible hassle to scroll your eyes along to the normal place for points then :))

I've seen two people in this thread refer to a "low block" but I've no clue what it is unless it's obvious i.e. A player slides in and makes a low block but that would not explain why they do not like that expression so I must be wrong.

What is it?

I'm glad you asked, still waiting for an answer though :))

No there was valid points to the cnanges mentioned. So do you find it an incredible hassle to scroll your eyes along to the normal place for points then :))

And there’s valid point for these league table changes.

i.e most important column is the first column (points tally) ;)

And there’s valid point for these league table changes.

i.e most important column is the first column (points tally) ;)
No the only reason is it is Americanised. If the away team starts appearing on fixtures first are you going to just go along with it because some half wit decided?

I don't understand this notion that the most important thing must go in the first column at all.

No the only reason is it is Americanised. If the away team starts appearing on fixtures first are you going to just go along with it because some half wit decided?

I don't understand this notion that the most important thing must go in the first column at all.

You’ll get used to it pal

Don’t be afraid of change.

You’ll get used to it pal

Don’t be afraid of change.
Mate you're obviously really wanting to cling onto this notion that I don't like any form of change whatsoever for any reason. I really don't know how you arrived at that conclusion from what I've posted. What I find unnecessary is changing something that has worked perfectly well forever with no problems at the whim of a half wit.

I've posted many times about playing a 60 minute match to combat time wasting. That would be a reasonable change for an actual purpose.

Mate you're obviously really wanting to grasp onto this notion that I don't like any form of change whatsoever for any reason. I really don't know how you arrived at that conclusion from what I've posted. What I find unnecessary is changing something that has worked perfectly well forever with no problems at the whim of a half wit.

Just because it puts you out your comfort zone for a few weeks doesn’t make it a bad idea.

Similar to Sky Sports changing the channel numbers a couple of years ago. SSN going from 404 to 408 (or whatever it was).

You’ll get used to it.

Just because it puts you out your comfort zone for a few weeks doesn’t make it a bad idea.

Similar to Sky Sports changing the channel numbers a couple of years ago. SSN going from 404 to 408 (or whatever it was).

You’ll get used to it.
Couldn't give a fűck about the sky sports channels and its not similar at allo_Oo_O:oops:

You’ll get used to it.
What was this big problem with scrolling your eyes a fraction along to the right to where you know the points would be that you have always needed solved? Did you find it challenging or something? :p

Gonna umwatch as life is too short and it's going nowhere. I don't like it you don't mind it. Let's get on with the rest o our days now :D

Back