New Pollok signing

PMB1872

A far cry from the Champions League…

Pollok are delighted to announce the signing of former Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton.

Kyle came through the Rangers youth system and made his first team debut in 2010 against Kilmarnock. This season also saw him earn a Scotland U21 cap against Northern Ireland and appear in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League against Manchester United, Bursaspor and PSV.

He spent spells on loan at Partick Thistle and Dunfermline before establishing himself in the Gers first team for season 2012-13 which saw him make 33 appearances.

After leaving Ibrox in 2015, he spent time at Queen of the South, St Mirren, Airdrie, Dumbarton, East Kilbride and Cowdenbeath before moving to Forfar in 2022. He made 37 appearances in all competitions for the Loons last season as they narrowly missed out on the League 2 playoffs.

Pollok have massively under achieved in recent times given the signings they made. A huge rebuild for Maxwell and doubt he will be given the time required by the Newlandsfield crowd.

Was it Scott Brown or McGeady that got put in their place from Kyle?

Well done for continuing his career.

They've signed Jordan Allan from Darvel as well. Darvel have gave a squad update on whose going where before clubs announce them.

Good on him for still playing.

Good on the guy for still playing.

No doubt some will come on saying “found his level” and pish like that despite them being a fat cunt posting from their couch and haven’t kicked a ball in their life.
As long as he still feels he can do himself justice then fair play to him.

Looking forward to seeing him at Newslandsfield next season.

Players in a friendly for Cowdenbeath v Pollok when football came back after Lockdown 1 and didn't really stand out but no one did that game

Pollok have massively under achieved in recent times given the signings they made. A huge rebuild for Maxwell and doubt he will be given the time required by the Newlandsfield crowd.
Oh yes he will.

Just watch what is in store this year. Lots of exciting times ahead.

Good luck to Hutton, hope he succeeds.

A lot was said about the young players that left in 2012 and where their careers went, i wonder what wouldve happened to Hutton if he left for down south instead of staying loyal to us.

No doubt some will come on saying “found his level” and pish like that despite them being a fat cunt posting from their couch and haven’t kicked a ball in their life.
Don't have a cow man.

Keeps him busy now that Carrie Matheson and Saul Berenson aren't on our screens anymore.

I had high hopes for Hutton when he was coming through our youth ranks but at around 18, he filled out a lot and lost a lot of his pace.

He used to play wide right in the u19s and really caused teams problems there but his pace all disappeared over the summer of his 2nd year in the 19s and he moved centrally. Seemed he'd always wanted to play there anyway but the likes of Shinnie, Ness and a couple of others had been taking up the places as they were a year ahead.

Lots of change around the Club. New era getting going.

Signings this week, new kit and season tickets including free kids ones with an adult. Building back up and aiming to compete against the plastic money contingents of this world. MTLN

The away kit is banging, shame I'd need about 4XL in Kappa and the shame in ordering it! (ok, a 3XL would prob fit since an XL but still)

Looking forward to seeing him at Newslandsfield next season.

Players in a friendly for Cowdenbeath v Pollok when football came back after Lockdown 1 and didn't really stand out but no one did that game
Was also at this game, don't think anyone was there for anything other than the novelty of being able to watch/play football again.

He's a journeyman, that's for certain.

A far cry from the Champions League…

Pollok are delighted to announce the signing of former Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton.

Kyle came through the Rangers youth system and made his first team debut in 2010 against Kilmarnock. This season also saw him earn a Scotland U21 cap against Northern Ireland and appear in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League against Manchester United, Bursaspor and PSV.

He spent spells on loan at Partick Thistle and Dunfermline before establishing himself in the Gers first team for season 2012-13 which saw him make 33 appearances.

After leaving Ibrox in 2015, he spent time at Queen of the South, St Mirren, Airdrie, Dumbarton, East Kilbride and Cowdenbeath before moving to Forfar in 2022. He made 37 appearances in all competitions for the Loons last season as they narrowly missed out on the League 2 playoffs.
I seem to recall my surprise that Ally gave Kyle a new contract but dumped Andy Little as I thought it should have been the other way round.

Good luck to he guy at Pollok.

( Might have met him at a NARSA Convention but memories of these events are always a bit "hazy" )

How come the Talbot keeper has ended up at Darvel?
I can only speculate

Andy has been with us for 13 seasons. Won everything - most trophies more than once.

Tony tried to sign him for Pollok pre Covid and almost succeeded. Story I heard at the time was that he had signed a pre-contract and it was all due to go through until he was promised his testimonial with us so he changed his mind and we registered him again, nullifying the signed piece of paper Pollok had. Could be true, maybe partly. Maybe not.

Anyway, at 35 I assume this will be his last "big" deal. Darvel are supposed to have a smaller budget than last season so maybe Tony has decided Andy is worth a sizeable part of it?

I'll be sad to see him go as he is worth plenty of points during the season and 35 isn't old for a keeper. A Gers fan too.

I can only speculate

Andy has been with us for 13 seasons. Won everything - most trophies more than once.

Tony tried to sign him for Pollok pre Covid and almost succeeded. Story I heard at the time was that he had signed a pre-contract and it was all due to go through until he was promised his testimonial with us so he changed his mind and we registered him again, nullifying the signed piece of paper Pollok had. Could be true, maybe partly. Maybe not.

Anyway, at 35 I assume this will be his last "big" deal. Darvel are supposed to have a smaller budget than last season so maybe Tony has decided Andy is worth a sizeable part of it?

I'll be sad to see him go as he is worth plenty of points during the season and 35 isn't old for a keeper. A Gers fan too.

Was surprised when I saw that earlier I'm guessing Truesdale has left them and probably end up at EK as well although Darvel didn't announce him as one that was leaving.

Was surprised when I saw that earlier I'm guessing Truesdale has left them and probably end up at EK as well although Darvel didn't announce him as one that was leaving.
Had Longmuir not signed on again at pollok I’d have tried to sign him for Talbot too

Back