New Rangers bar, Playa Blanca

Craig

From one of our own :cool:

Screenshot-2022-01-06-21-00-03-622.jpg

Nice one.

So the Terrace Bar is re-opening then. I believe it had closed. Good news.

Have bumped into Scott a number of times over there when he has been working at his soccer school.

Great news my mate flew out there this week and I hope to get over sometime later in the year. It has been a long two years since the last visit.

Was there in Nov, was shut but Popeye’s had our games on. Seemed to be a local RSC as well.

Was in there for the Braga away game and met the big chap.

Not a great atmosphere TBH apart from me singing Kent will tear you apart and nobody joining in
To be fair although it was a bluenose haunt it was never an in your face football pub. Everyone appreciated how laid back it was with the owner playing his guitar and singing Caledonia and a few other cracking tunes. There were no party tunes or any of that stuff when I was there but you knew you were in decent company

Good news all round. i hope Bears pay it a visit when they are across. Popeyes is a general football crowd and they try to please everyone.

Bastard. Thought this was about Costa Blanca at first. We need a Rangers pub near Torrevieja.

Without meaning to derail the thread - Are there any places you’ve ever been and you’ve been surprised that there isn’t a Rangers pub there?

I watched Gerrard being unveiled in there and also his first game, met big Nissy as well, great to see it reopening as we regularly go to Playa Blanca, next month we are in PDC so it'll be the Bluebells that fortnight :cool:

Maybe your a sh*te singer LOL

Amazing how good a crowd can sound despite having nothing but crap singers in it. This video is a perfect non football related example. When all you can hear is the crowd it sounds great. But when it focuses on an individual you can hear how bad they actually are.

My old man spent a few hours and days in there last week and the week before, lucky bugger has moved onto gran canaria, he said he loved it

Just to confirm for anyone interested (ie me) I've heard back from the Terrace Bar and they are open - there is an old Facebook page for the previous owners that makes it look like they are closed.

Can someone please give an update to an Old Codger who is not on Facecloth or Twatter?

I am going to Lanzarote in February / March and the Terrace Bar is on my Bucket List. I would just love to meet Scott and wish him well.

Thank you.

Can someone please give an update to an Old Codger who is not on Facecloth or Twatter?

I am going to Lanzarote in February / March and the Terrace Bar is on my Bucket List. I would just love to meet Scott and wish him well.

Thank you.
With regret and sadness Murray and Denise have had to take the decision to close the bar.

We are in Edinburgh dealing with sad family business.

In light of recent violent events in the bar and no help forthcoming it was the only avenue left to us.

We will be back in the new year abd will celebrate Christmas late but with our usual service and enthusiasm.

We thank everyone who has taken the time to send kind words and sympathy with what we are going through. A special thank you to Barbara. Paul. Arthur and Anne-Marie

2023 will definitely be a better year

#strongertogether

Back