New RTV app is available for iOS devices.

Update has been available in the App Store since 7.30pm.
if anyone is having issues with the iOS app, me, Valley Bluenose and Capt Buns have already put some pointers and tips on the other log in issue thread. Have a look in there in the last couple of pages and you should get some help.

Wee tip if folk run into problems. I was able to update the iOS RangersTV App without an issue. Logged in but when I tried to play a video it would play for a few seconds then throw me out. Solved, easily and simply, by restarting my device. Second time around no issues whatsoever.

Wee tip if folk run into problems. I was able to update the iOS RangersTV App without an issue. Logged in but when I tried to play a video it would play for a few seconds then throw me out. Solved, easily and simply, by restarting my device. Second time around no issues whatsoever.
Good to know mate. Wouldn’t have been an obvious solution if I had encountered it.

Maybe restarting clears the app cache files and clears the glitch.

Good to know it’s an easy fix

Last edited:
Am I right in saying you need to go and create a brand new account for this? My app seems to have logged me out and I've completely missed this even being a thing. It won't recognise my password.

Am I right in saying you need to go and create a brand new account for this? My app seems to have logged me out and I've completely missed this even being a thing. It won't recognise my password.
Yes, Create New Account. Probably easier to do via the website than the App. See post #465 in this thread:

There was a News release, and email, from the Club:

Once you’ve created the new account, and received the email to verify it, you can update your App to the new version and all will be good.

Yes, Create New Account. Probably easier to do via the website than the App. See post #465 in this thread:

Thete was a News release, and email, from the Club:

Once you’ve created the new account, and received the email to verify it, you can update your App to the new version and all will be good.

Thanks mate. Had no idea about this and don't seem to have the email which is weird as I normally get them.

Is there a set top box / stick you can put the android app on without much hassle? I'm not enjoying watching streaming to apple tv or plugging the laptop in - wondering if this would be a better option.

Is there a set top box / stick you can put the android app on without much hassle? I'm not enjoying watching streaming to apple tv or plugging the laptop in - wondering if this would be a better option.
Side loading the App to a FireTV Stick or an Android box used to work. Looks like that’s not currently possible with the new App.

Seems like the new Android app isn’t working in any Android box. Definitely won’t open when installed on the Nvidia shield I like the old version, and others have mentioned it’s not working in other Android boxes.
Seems limited to Android phones and tablets I’m afraid.
Haven’t got a new version of Apple TV that lets you install apps, so don’t know yet if the iOS version works on those.
If it does, I may just splash out and get one as I need to update my old Apple TV 2 box anyway.

It doesn’t seem to have the icon casting onto chromecast
I was coming on to post exactly this. I watch all the games via chromecast so will be very disappointed if it’s not an option.

Other than that the new app looks a lot better than the previous version.

I was coming on to post exactly this. I watch all the games via chromecast so will be very disappointed if it’s not an option.

Can’t cast the interviews. Hope it’s not the same for live games.

Can’t cast the interviews. Hope it’s not the same for live games.
Not sure what you’re casting to mate, but I’ve just played the Ryan Jack interview and I had the option to airplay to my Apple TV. You have to press on the actual video though to bring the controls up. I don’t have Chromecast, so can’t say if that option is available too.

Not sure what you’re casting to mate, but I’ve just played the Ryan Jack interview and I had the option to airplay to my Apple TV. You have to press on the actual video though to bring the controls up. I don’t have Chromecast, so can’t say if that option is available too.

Cheers but it only gives the airplay option which doesn’t allow you to cast to chromecast.

Got the same issue. Letting me mirror to AppleTv but can’t cast directly to TV

updated RTV app, loads and then crashes, rebooted iphone but still no joy, anyone else having the same issue?

Sorry if already been covered but will i need to update anything with my virtual season ticket now there has been updates or will that stay the same?

Nobody has found a Search button yet. I do note everything is sorted by content now, eg Away Days, Inside Ibrox, Training etc, so it’s relatively easy without Search.
Yeah I like the way they’ve set that out. A bit annoying not having the search for archived games. I used to like just searching for random games from the past.

Re ST matches will those automatically show up under “Match Action” once they are scheduled , the next one being st Johnstone at Ibrox on Wednesday 3rd Feb ?

Is this new login how we watch with the virtual season tickets now?
You need to go through the Create New Account process.

Once you’ve done that the old live.Rangers.co.uk website will auto re-direct to the new website. If you want to bookmark it though the new website is:

Yeah, @EE-Bear said the same in a later post. No idea why it’s no longer there. I get AirPlay but that’s because I don’t have a Chromecast.

Anybody know if Chromecast appears as an option in the Android version of the new App?
Chromecast seems to be unavailable at the moment. No icon appearing anywhere.

Back