New: Scottish Fantasy Football starting next season!

Bit of an off topic post here but if the below interests you we would love just 30 seconds of your time….

Fantasy Football is a game which grips many across the country each season, however, there is nothing aimed directly at the Scottish football fan with all competitions designed around the (boring!) EPL.

If a Scottish Fantasy Football league starting next season is something that would interest you, please take just 30 seconds out of your afternoon to complete the following survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LFTZS8K

You can also give the Twitter account a follow if that’s yer thing…!

@SFF_2018_2019

Thanks
SSF

Bit of an off topic post here but if the below interests you we would love just 30 seconds of your time….

Fantasy Football is a game which grips many across the country each season, however, there is nothing aimed directly at the Scottish football fan with all competitions designed around the (boring!) EPL.

If a Scottish Fantasy Football league starting next season is something that would interest you, please take just 30 seconds out of your afternoon to complete the following survey:

@SFF_2018_2019

Thanks
SSF

Did you just mis-spell "SFF" there?

ARE YOU OFFICIAL AGENTS FOR THE SPFL OR JUST CONDUCTING RESEARCH ON SPEC?

We are in no way affiliated with the SPFL - this is purely for research purposes hence the link to the survey.

If this is outside forum rules apologies - we will remove the thread if that is the case.

Thanks

No interest in teams in the SPL outwith my own

Plus I would be cutting my nose off to spite my face as I'd never put a celtic player in my team , so I'd miss out on points

Christ, I wouldn't even put an ex tim in my EPL fantasy team ! (Uber staunch:cool:)

No interest in teams in the SPL outwith my own

Plus I would be cutting my nose off to spite my face as I'd never put a celtic player in my team , so I'd miss out on points

Christ, I wouldn't even put an ex tim in my EPL fantasy team ! (Uber staunch:cool:)

Thank you for the response regardless!

It is something I’d consider playing, but it would be difficult to run. 12 teams to pick players from is too few but 42 is too many. Teams playing at different levels - on average a Hamilton player isn’t going to score many points against Celtic while someone from Ayr/Raith should be beating part time sides like Queens Park. Probably need to limit it to two players from each club - anyone taking it seriously would most likely pick three Celtic players based on current form, limiting it to two would give more people a chance (Ive three Man City players in my EPL team and I’m still honking mind you!)

It's a good idea but probably not for me. To win you'd need to put a few mentally challengeds in which I wouldn't do.

I think you'll get a good response for this outwith bitter fans like myself :). Iv got a few mates who'd sign up.

@SFF_2018_2019

Thanks
SSF

Have you considered running fantasy football using the style common in American Fantasy Football NFL leagues. Mini-leagues of 8-10 teams, with a draft to pick players at the start of the season within each mini-league?

I imagine you could charge £5 entry fee for a 10 team league, with say £45 for the prize money and £5 retained by yourselves for hosting. I find it’s much more interesting than the UK style, where everyone ends up with the same star players.

Top scorers 6. Morelos (Rangers) 5. Dorrans (Rangers)
Top assist 5. Tavernier (Rangers)

Don't need to pick mentally challengeds to win it.

I agree with FunkyGordon...

A draft style would be good due to there being less teams to select players.
But reckon it would really limit the teams to maybe only 6 per league due to so many rank rotten players that would get you minus points most weeks.

But can see why the standard fantasy football would attract more players to it as it's easier to setup, as you don't have to set up a draft with yours mates.

I tried to setup a draft style league with mates on -http://fantasy.premierleague.com- but due to everybody working different shifts it never even started.

I'd likely have a go at this, in a couple of different leagues in the EPL already (and NFL) so I would imagine the same group of mates would participate in this too.

Back