New signage in place Broomloan Rd end of ground

A pressure washer couldn’t save that. It needs serious investment. Whole stand is a bit of an eyesore from the outside.

I know folk love the redbrick but when it’s not maintained it ends up looking terrible. At least the other 3 stands type of red bricking :)) The cladding is very out dated too. Could clad it similar to EH and change that every five years for buttons. Keep the Main Stand untouched.

A pressure washer couldn’t save that. It needs serious investment. Whole stand is a bit of an eyesore from the outside.

I know folk love the redbrick but when it’s not maintained it ends up looking terrible. At least the other 3 stands type of red bricking :)) The cladding is very out dated too. Could clad it similar to EH and change that every five years for buttons. Keep the Main Stand untouched.
Absolute nonsense, it’d would cost a fair whack given the size of the overall area.

It's looking really dated isn't it. If money was no object you'd completely rebuild the other 3 stands with a glass exterior or something. Never going to happen though. Hopefully they can at least do something with the paving around the stadium.

It's looking really dated isn't it. If money was no object you'd completely rebuild the other 3 stands with a glass exterior or something.
Won’t ever happen in our lifetime especially the SJ given the outlay on Blue Sky.

The only way you could tart it up is probably facings over the brickwork etc (not on main stand)

But it’d look so much better with better footprint around it the paths really bring it down in parts

noticed on saturday when the sun was out how tired the signage above the old/current shop is looking

The way the outside of the three other stands look like should be far down anyone’s priority list.

EH will be start generating us money especially when the museum opens. Next up get the bar where the old shop is opened and start bringing in more revenue.

I’d much rather we got the toilets inside the stadium refurbished or the roads resurfaced around the footprint than bother about cladding the outside of these stands.

Yes the place is dated, but my God what a level of neglect the Spivs left as a legacy.

The difference in the fabric of the place between photos from the fag end of Murray’s time and now is sickening.

I don’t envy the board’s job in trying to bring it back - it’ll take millions and we don’t have it.

Won’t ever happen in our lifetime especially the SJ given the outlay on Blue Sky.

The only way you could tart it up is probably facings over the brickwork etc (not on main stand)

But it’d look so much better with better footprint around it the paths really bring it down in parts

I actually think that would be the way forward - seen it done with a lot of buildings (cladding) and when done well it can be really good. Move it away from looking like an office block.

As people mention, there's so much internally/externally that needs done there should be a really clear plan for improvements for the next decade (I'm sure there is but not sure how high up the list this would be...more likely it wouldn't make the list)

Get the three stands cladded in the light grey colour wrapped around them. Fill the two spaces on Copland and Broomloan stands with LED advertising boards rather than the horrendous signage as it’s been done recently. Modernise the place a wee bit except from the main stand.

Id definitely do the LED boards in the gaps on both stands, that would make a start on the modernising.

I actually think that would be the way forward - seen it done with a lot of buildings (cladding) and when done well it can be really good. Move it away from looking like an office block.

As people mention, there's so much internally/externally that needs done there should be a really clear plan for improvements for the next decade (I'm sure there is but not sure how high up the list this would be...more likely it wouldn't make the list)
Would look good well better than it does.

Wouldn’t touch the Main Stand for obvious reasons but no reason you couldn’t on others with lighting as well (cost aside of course)

The three stands should be recladded and all the empty office space used for hospitality light areas.
Cladding and lighting to keep the character but bring it up to date,the stadiums too good for it to look shabby. Drove past couple of weeks back, we have the blue sky lounge but a few floors down we still have dirty verticals and boxes shoved against windows.

Get the three stands cladded in the light grey colour wrapped around them. Fill the two spaces on Copland and Broomloan stands with LED advertising boards rather than the horrendous signage as it’s been done recently. Modernise the place a wee bit except from the main stand.

Id definitely do the LED boards in the gaps on both stands, that would make a start on the modernising.
Post a photoshop so we can see what we could have won, you never know it might be the new “ megabrox” image :cool:

Correct. The footprint around the stadium needs done badly. Not only does the old concrete look horrible, but it's so uneven that it can be dangerous underfoot, particularly at night time.
The Mafeking Street exit on to Copland Road is very badly lit, it definitely needs improved.

I'm guessing that would be the responsibility of GDC, so no chance of that happening then.

The followfollow jet washing approach would probably end up causing more damage once it removed the dirt and exposed whats behind it to the elements

Keeping a building like Ibrox compliant and safe must cost millions of pounds a year before you even think about the cosmetic side of things.

I would dearly love to spend the money needed to give the stadium a proper makeover but it's just not there, not if we want to buy players like Raskin as well anyway.

Cost pennies ? It costs about you £60 min to get somebody to come out and look at something for a quote.
Unless Donald Park gonna get the overalls back on with a jet wash and Andy Smillie supplies the scaffolding for nothing.
Canny see that
I said relative pennies. Say it costs 20k - that's not even a week's wages for a number of our players.

Back