New signage in place Broomloan Rd end of ground

"Pressure wash the brick work"

"Give the railings/gate behind the dugout a lick of paint"

"Replace the Chris Burke photos in the bogs"

That should about cover it.

I defend the board quite a bit on here.

But the fact that those white panels are still black with dirt is frankly ridiculous. We’ve got the most stunning main stand in the world and it’s let down by the two either side of it.

We’ve knocked down old Edmiston House, built a new one and still haven’t either scrubbed, painted or replaced those boggin’ panels.

Surely this board have heard this all a million times by now, and still haven’t done anything about it.

A pressure washer couldn’t save that. It needs serious investment. Whole stand is a bit of an eyesore from the outside.

I know folk love the redbrick but when it’s not maintained it ends up looking terrible. At least the other 3 stands type of red bricking :)) The cladding is very out dated too. Could clad it similar to EH and change that every five years for buttons. Keep the Main Stand untouched.
Agree about the red brick, the main stand speaks for itself as the focal point but the other three are so tired looking. Matching it up with something similar to EH would look great and likely be much easier to maintain.

The problem is that there has been lots of big and great changes around the stadium post-spivs, and some exciting upcoming projects with the bar and better disabled access coming in. But sometimes it's the smaller details that detract from this big work. A project of improvements of these smaller tasks would do wonders for the overall impression of the stadium.

I said relative pennies. Say it costs 20k - that's not even a week's wages for a number of our players.
Yeah but a football club is in the business of playing football, 20k is a reasonable expense to perform that duty. 20k of discretionary spend needs to be accounted for somehow.

I defend the board quite a bit on here.

But the fact that those white panels are still black with dirt is frankly ridiculous. We’ve got the most stunning main stand in the world and it’s let down by the two either side of it.

We’ve knocked down old Edmiston House, built a new one and still haven’t either scrubbed, painted or replaced those boggin’ panels.

Surely this board have heard this all a million times by now, and still haven’t done anything about it.
That leads me to ponder that whether it's possibly not quite as easy / cheap as our crack FF quantity surveying squad have assessed it to be?

Just a thought.

Why not install electronic advertising in those spaces at the Broomloan and Copland stands?

Edmiston Drive is an 'A' road with a lot of daily traffic - surely we could make some cash with advertising from 7am to 10pm each day?

Might give the stand a more modern look, and it certainly wouldn't look any more tacky than those banners.

Are people not allowed to question the board, no? Pretty sure the last time we let someone go unchecked at our club we ended up in division 3 and nearly never had a club!!!
There are significantly more pressing matters the board should answer. We get one chance to publicly question the club's directors at the AGM, but we still have pointless questions from folk like that Covid moron wasting that opportunity.

Surely if a coupe of hundred of us turn up, each loaded with a bottle of Cillit Bang, we can take turns going up and down the cherry-picker and blast that grime away !

I reckon we'll be done in a morning and then we can head to EH for a couple of jars ??

Would be even handier if Barry Scott rejoined the board.

That leads me to ponder that whether it's possibly not quite as easy / cheap as our crack FF quantity surveying squad have assessed it to be?

Just a thought.
We funded the rebuild of Edmiston House through cash flow alone.

It’s reasonable to assume that replacing some exterior panels to the stadium is also achievable, even if it meant borrowing to finance the improvements.

Although given how overdue this work is there’s no reason why a similar plan couldn’t be put into place in order to finance through cash flow.

Yes the place is dated, but my God what a level of neglect the Spivs left as a legacy.

The difference in the fabric of the place between photos from the fag end of Murray’s time and now is sickening.

I don’t envy the board’s job in trying to bring it back - it’ll take millions and we don’t have it.
This is the crux of it. We can only prioritise spending and improve gradually over time

I don't get the looking dated comments, Ibrox looks magnificent the way she is!
And as for cladding it, have you seen the likes of Fir park that have cladding, they look horrific.
Just give Ibrox regular TLC and she'll be fine for years yet.

Not sure if there is already a post about it ,replaces the older ones which were getting on with wear and tear and colour scheme was not great with red and blue on the red brick facing.

Never liked any of the banners, think it looks cheap. Keep it plain.

I don't get the looking dated comments, Ibrox looks magnificent the way she is!
And as for cladding it, have you seen the likes of Fir park that have cladding, they look horrific.
Just give Ibrox regular TLC and she'll be fine for years yet.
She could look far better. How you can look at that and say it wouldn't look better after a spruce up is beyond me.

They should clad the 3 stands in a shiny blue cladding. It would look tremendous and you could see it from space lol.
I'm sure folk who have paid money for bricks would be delighted.i agree something should be done but cladding will never happen.id simply just masonary paint the 3 stands the brightest Royal Blue leave main stand as it is a few Led lights
and a few screens to help give the place a modern feel .The top white bits which look horrendous badly need a sandblast or a lick o paint.

The Rangers Da's love a pressure washer rant.

"I've cleaned the monoblock at the front of my house so how hard can it be!" :D

Some Rangers' yoofs love to slag their elders on line. Funny how easily they forget who wiped their arses and changed their nappies back in the day. If they're lucky one day they might become a "Rangers' Da".

Smiley face.

Back