New song from the “ Union Bears”

Don’t really like it on first listen but I’ve no doubt I’ll be loving it in a week or two, always the same with these songs.

What tune is it being sung to (assuming there’s an original)?

Don’t really like it on first listen but I’ve no doubt I’ll be loving it in a week or two, always the same with these songs.

What tune is it being sung to (assuming there’s an original)?
Looking at the Twitter, someone commented it's from Dortmund fans

dormund singing it obviously different lyrics

"When I was born,

It was taught to me

Of glories past, of the famous rangers and their victories

It was strong as strong can be.

When I grow old

and all my son's

They'll be like me,

They'll follow the greatest club in history.

The famous RFC."

Last edited:
I think it's because it's new, probably the lads who wrote will have it perfected, the other singing may just be getting used to it, it will get better each time.
It sounds fine. You can tell the lads who know the song.

It sounds a bit messy because not everyone has sang it that much.

Every Saturday we follow and follow follow Glasgow Rangers didn’t flow at the start.

New songs like that it's to be expected though especially when most people haven't heard the original song as a refrence
Fair point, I’ll probably warm to it once we’re back in the stadium and I’ve heard it there a few times

I apologise for being dense but how have they recorded that? Sounds like it's been taken from the stands but we haven't had fans in the ground since March.

Big fan.

Credit to the UB. They are trying to produce a songbook to inject a new level of enthusiasm into matchdays. I like they've dropped the references to them and are focusing on us more. We've got such a storied and wonderful history, not every song we sing needs to be a dig at them. We've got plenty of classics that do that job already.

Brilliant stuff. Think this will catch on.

dormund singing it obviously different lyrics

Knew I recognized the tune! Couldn't place it though, well done.
Was at an Arsenal Dortmund game years ago, Lewandowski was still there and Özil was still good, and this tune was the most memorable. Glad to see the Union Bears sorting us out with a version of it.

Back