New song....We've won 54

This song really does deserve a wee platform to get it going. A wee bit like the magic hat song that, if I'm correct, really got going after a video appeared of a handful of lads singing it. Ops song is a good un and would love to see a video of it being sung and where that would take it.
grreat effort.
Thats THE only way.it can take off. Although did notice on a thread for a song I proposed, someone linked a vid of a Liverpool fan recording a song. Noticed on the YouTube comments the stadium announcer is going to play the original song at Anfield. Now that is a club and fans unity

We've had Jim Baxter, Morton, Mccoist
Laudrup on the wing.
Gazza, fergie, Cooper , goram , Stuart McCall
Big John Grieg the greatest of all.

So many heroes I'm sure you'll agree
And Trophies by the Score
I know it won't please you
But we're gonna tease you
CAUSE WEVE WON 54
Just noticed that you've edited your original post m8. Maybe I'm old school or whatever but surely it's only right, given the Gers old school song, that it's Cooper on the wing. Swopping Cooper and Laudrup for each other suits me better. Just my humble opinion so be interesting to see what others think ;)

Just noticed that you've edited your original post m8. Maybe I'm old school or whatever but surely it's only right, given the Gers old school song, that it's Cooper on the wing. Swopping Cooper and Laudrup for each other suits me better. Just my humble opinion so be interesting to see what others think ;)

Think you were right mate.

How do we get this 1 off the ground? A bunch of mates in somebodys' house or a wee get together of volunteers willing to be recorded next home game? Far too good a tune and words to get lost in the umpteenth page of the bear pit and heard from some other support, adapted for their own.

We've had Jim Baxter , Morton, Mccoist
Cooper on the wing.
Gazza, fergie, laudrup, goram , Stuart McCall

I know it upsets you
So get it right up you
CAUSE WEVE WON 54

Get this recorded

How do we get this 1 off the ground? A bunch of mates in somebodys' house or a wee get together of volunteers willing to be recorded next home game? Far too good a tune and words to get lost in the umpteenth page of the bear pit and heard from some other support, adapted for their own.

I have a wee mixing studio and my daughter is an amazing singer, but she says it would be better if we could make it a full track. Will post a sample but more suggestions for wording the full song would be appreciated.

52xjj8.png

I have a wee mixing studio and my daughter is an amazing singer, but she says it would be better if we could make it a full track. Will post a sample but more suggestions for wording the full song would be appreciated.
The words on OP are the important ones. If you.want or need more lyrics I am prepared to do this, but bottom line for fans to sing this, there are more than enough words

Mixed emotions for me.

I opened the thread to have a laugh and read all the mocking comments.

Listened to the song and sang along with your lyrics and I think it's class.

Good job OP

The words on OP are the important ones. If you.want or need more lyrics I am prepared to do this, but bottom line for fans to sing this, there are more than enough words

I agree. We don't need a couple of verses a bridge and a chorus.

Think the OP has nailed it and any more would be too much.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Anyone going to fraserburgh with a bunch o mates and willing to record and upload themselves singing this? Could go down in FF folklore with Thatcher loyal ;)

Pretty good. Works as it could be something recorded and played over the speaker system for folks to join in with.

What happened with this?

Going to bump this back up incase any new members haven't seen it and fancy getting it off the ground. A superb wee chant that really deserves a whirl at a game. Think it would just be a case of getting it started then watching it take off. Well done again to op for trying and superb effort, in my humble opinion.

There are people out there who will record this for a small fee. I have done it myself.

Last edited:
To the tune of the Beatles .." When I'm 64"

Cooper on the wing.

CAUSE WEVE WON 54

Good effort but it will be out of date in May

Cooper on the wing.

CAUSE WEVE WON 54

See what you can do with this to give it another verse.

They tried to end us, they put us down,
but now were back again
Through the leagues from League 2, to the Championship
We won them all and stayed for the trip

Were back in the big time, winning again,
it’s good to be alive
I know it won’t please you,
but were going to tease you
When we win 55

Cooper on the wing.

CAUSE WEVE WON 54

I've tried and tried and tried but can't get line three to fit so I've dropped Stuart McCall and it works perfectly. Just me? :D

belter chant.

Back