New SPFL TV deal "approved"

Simple answer as I’ve said in the past,don’t pay to go into any other clubs ground,hurt them where it will do most damage to them,in the pocket.
The away day, out for a booze up guys won’t like it as usual.
Thats their choice and the reason it would never totally work.
Shame really our fans actually give some clubs over the 2 away games almost the same as a years Tv money. That’s how pish the deal is

Simple answer as I’ve said in the past,don’t pay to go into any other clubs ground,hurt them where it will do most damage to them,in the pocket.
The away day, out for a booze up guys won’t like it as usual.
Thats their choice and the reason it would never totally work.
The people that support the team on the park won't like it and neither would the team.

Didn't the tadger that owns Dundee not say that he didn't realise how much power his club held until all the votes had been counted a part from his clubs vote. I suspect Livingston also realised this and just wanted their tummy tickled .

Doncaster was on phone to Dundee to persuade them to vote. Same will have happened to Livi. None of the Scottish Clubs have any class

I was reading earlier, that Sky are contractually obligated to show a minimum of 40 games from SPFL, with another eight that they can pick and choose if need be.

Grant Russell and SPFLMediaWatch have said that this new deal, the contractually obligated games has actually gone up, to 41.

So even with 60 games to possibly pick from, Sky can ultimately show 41 and be fine.

1 game extra, guaranteed.

The rest you just have to believe Sky might want to show another 19 games, if scheduling even lets them.

They know that they won't show all 60.
SPFL seems to think they will.
Explains why the quota of games have haven't been met since the current deal started 2 years ago yet Sky have met their obligation regardless and just need 1 extra game from 2024/25

Make you wonder why it as agreed in the 1st place

Our only concern was it was undervalued - Stewart Robertson said he had no issue with Sky

Real material consequences have to be visited are on parties to this deal I’d things are ever going to change. That would mean cancelling Sky subscriptions. That won’t happen. Everything else is just noise.

Another corrupt vote in the shithole that’s Scottish football

The cabal who control the SPL i.e. Bheast FC have the clubs in their pocket

They know a call from Bheast FC to their vile fans to boycott away games and Sky etc would work as they would do what Bheast FC said

On the other side our fans would not boycott

Opting in favour of an inferior deal sums up Scottish football as the backwater it will always be

Another corrupt vote in the shithole that’s Scottish football

The cabal who control the SPL i.e. Bheast FC have the clubs in their pocket

They know a call from Bheast FC to their vile fans to boycott away games and Sky etc would work as they would do what Bheast FC said

On the other side our fans would not boycott

Opting in favour of an inferior deal sums up Scottish football as the backwater it will always be

In fairness, even that lot's supporters are asking why they've agreed to a deal like this.

It's a sham

If our vote doesn't matter, surely they don't need us to sell their TV package to Sky?

Don't let the cameras in.
See how long their deal lasts.
Honestly what have got to lose? Even if they were to withhold prize money it would barely make a difference to the accounts.

Absolute pittance of a TV deal.

Celtic are tired. Let's have the winter break early and allow them to play new signings in key games.
Ha Ha, Big Ange said it was done for the fans, to get the fans back into grounds because football is nothing without the fans ( or words to that effect )... and then when it happened the fans were forgotten and his quotes did indeed refer to getting new signings bedded in for the second half of the season.

Even the fucking tims are asking on social media why we'd commit to this stupid and snide deal.

They don't understand why celtic have agreed to it either.

Sky have said ooh 60 games, but they haven't even fulfilled their quota of 40 odd for the last few seasons.

Here's another example for the 9th of November:
This deal is a fucking scam.

And the only reason I can see Sky even wanting it is to ensure no money comes into Scottish Football other than what they give.

Don't want teams from the UK disrupting the glorious EPL and attracting talent away from it is the only logical reasoning I could see behind this shite deals and refusal to show our games year on year.

Yet 11 club chairpersons agreed to this shite.

A want fucking out!!

I think your point has hit the nail on the head, Sky are paying buttons to keep Scottish football in the gutter.

Lets be honest they are paying what, £30m a season for the Old Firms? The other games are an inconvenience.

I was reading earlier, that Sky are contractually obligated to show a minimum of 40 games from SPFL, with another eight that they can pick and choose if need be.

Grant Russell and SPFLMediaWatch have said that this new deal, the contractually obligated games has actually gone up, to 41.

So even with 60 games to possibly pick from, Sky can ultimately show 41 and be fine.

1 game extra, guaranteed.

The rest you just have to believe Sky might want to show another 19 games, if scheduling even lets them.

They know that they won't show all 60.
SPFL seems to think they will.

Sky will have no room in their schedule, especially given the commitment to the women’s league and their determination to transform it. The SPFL have fallen further down in their priorities.

To cover the quota, we’ll end up with live games played simultaneously - or they’ll simply ignore it. After all, what are the SPFL going to do…

It really is a scandal what this executive are (not) doing for the game. And yet, the clubs accept it. Staggering.

I think Rangers need to finally accept the lack of interest in developing the game and look after ourselves.

We hate the sheep.

We hate Doncaster and his band of frauds.

We hate Sky and Walker and co.

We're not too fond of myger as we get so few tickets.

We love following our team... but telling these fuds no away tickets for us fucks them. No atmosphere at games. Product weakened No blue pound for Diddy teams.

We won't do it but if only we could :)

Can anyone explain what actually happened with the voting?

It needed unanimously agreed to go through.

We didn't agree so they changed voting procedure to 11-1 majority needed.

Not the first time either, remember a few years ago they changed it to 10-2 to shut us and Hearts up.

It needed unanimously agreed to go through.

We didn't agree so they changed voting procedure to 11-1 majority needed.

Not the first time either, remember a few years ago they changed it to 10-2 to shut us and Hearts up.
How can the just change it?

Right I for one agree telling sky to fvck off your not getting access to Ibrox.But every one on here knows the rest of the league knows our board will do absolutely fvck all about it
A strong statement from Rangers calling out the complete stitch up will go some way to getting the support back onside. We should also remember there are fans of other clubs who agree the deal is idiotic.

It genuinely isn't.

We're crucial to them getting any sort of decent money for a TV deal, even when we were third division, Sky insisted we had to be part of it.

Walk away, don't let the cameras in.
See how much the SPFL squirm then.

Going to kick us out the league for it? Definitely no good TV deal for them.

Start acting like we are bigger than this shithole, because we are, by 100x
the cameras only come in about 4 times a season

It’s just depressing and makes me fed up, not even angry anymore because I spent 10 years being angry and this is just the gravy train being locked in for the Cabal for anther 5/6 years.

Still if we can’t legally do anything then what’s the options

Something that caught my eye that the Aberdeen chairman said no club in Scotland would want to put all their home matches up for showing live.you want to bet on that,rangers have a huge waiting list for season tickets.tens of thousands in Scotland will watch all their teams games with a vpn.i haven’t missed a domestic game for years with a vpn and rtv subscription.
Rangers and Celtic put a clause in the deal to stop all our home games being live on tv so I don’t think we want the risk.

There’s a few issues here, the mhanks for all their faults are in the same boat as us, they want the best deal possible, they want as much money as possible in the coffers, there is no way they agree to this just to get it up Rangers, the money men at their club must believe that this is the best deal we are going to get.

The other thing is, although it wasn’t put out to tender, surely BT for example would have been sounded out? I refuse to believe that they wouldn’t have been interested if there was a chance of them offering the money Sky could.

What can Rangers do if clubs don't want change at the SPFL.? It really is Stockholm Syndrome. These idiot clubs enjoy being shat on by Doncaster, McLennan and the rest.

There’s a few issues here, the mhanks for all their faults are in the same boat as us, they want the best deal possible, they want as much money as possible in the coffers, there is no way they agree to this just to get it up Rangers, the money men at their club must believe that this is the best deal we are going to get.

The other thing is, although it wasn’t put out to tender, surely BT for example would have been sounded out? I refuse to believe that they wouldn’t have been interested if there was a chance of them offering the money Sky could.
I agree with most of that, there is no doubt BT, Amazon etc were not sounded out. Whatever we think of these clubs they aren’t stupid. Whilst Not sticking up for the league I don’t believe for a second it was massively underpriced. If it was someone else would have bid for it.

So, lots of talking about it being a bad deal. What would have been a good deal? How much would you have got for the package?

The deal is domestic only is it not? We already sell otur home games abroad
I don't know mate. However the new SKY deal is pish and once again the product has been undersold.
The fact that the board can change voting rules etc to get their own way shows that we will never be shot of the shite that run Scottish football and we'll forever be in the shadows.
The whole set up is a joke. The split. The 4 games v each other. VAR coming in part way through a season. If it weren't true it would be a great script for a sitcom.

If our vote doesn't matter, surely they don't need us to sell their TV package to Sky?

Don't let the cameras in.
See how long their deal lasts.
Hopefully we tell them to bolt and do our own ppv games it’s peanuts to us anyway if sky pull the plug so be it

As I said in another post what if the existing deal allows Sky 1st option to extend it?

As for putting it out to tender have we ever done that as well? I
What if existing deal doesn’t allow SPFL to put it out to tender until it’s in its final year. It makes no sense whatsoever to increase the contract at this moment of time, let the deal reach its final year then invite others to the table.

The deal is domestic only is it not? We already sell otur home games abroad
I don't know mate. However the new SKY deal is pish and once again the product has been undersold.
The fact that the board can change voting rules etc to get their own way shows that we will never be shot of the shite that run Scottish football and we'll forever be in the shadows.
The whole set up is a joke. The split. The 4 games v each other. VAR coming in part way through a season. If it weren't true it would be a great script for a sitcom.
Yes this for the domestic deal only

Has no effect on overseas which the clubs are allowed to sell themselves as we don't really have any major deal for overseas broadcasters

US has one

Last edited:
What if existing deal doesn’t allow SPFL to put it out to tender until it’s in its final year. It makes no sense whatsoever to increase the contract at this moment of time, let the deal reach its final year then invite others to the table.
Of course that could also be the case as well that and only those that agreed to it will know the terms of the contract

The current deal was confirmed in November 2018 and the SPFL board for 2018/19 was

Neil Doncaster, Murdoch MacLennan Karyn McCluskey

Premiership
Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Peter Lawwell (Celtic), and John Nelms (Dundee)

Championship
Warren Hawke (Morton) and Martin Ritchie (Falkirk)

League 1 and League 2
Iain Dougan (Stranraer)

Last edited:
We have no voice in this absolute farce of a dump. Time to start seriously looking at other options. You can't just keep changing rules because the voting system isn't giving you what you want. Disgusting behaviour.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that we were sidelined and this deal was approved.

Between the SPFL and the SFA you have a trail of self interest and blatant corruption that has rife for a long time.

The Club I feel have done as much as they can to highlight this over the last few years but with barely any success.

Once again Doncaster and his pals aided with the usual suspects have done the dirty to approve a pretty poor and dubious Sky deal fucking charlatans the lot of them.

Back