New Statement from Stenhousemuir FC Chairman

I wonder if we could put our proposal forward again after we clinch the league?
I wonder if we could put our proposal forward again after we clinch the league?
This is what we should do. Celebrate winning 55, give it a couple of weeks then put forward our proposals. Do it from a winning position and show clubs that we want people running our game who look after the interests of EVERY club.

Is it true that Iain McMenemy is also a spokesperson for the Loyal Orange Order? mentally challengeds seem to have a bee in their bonnet about him.

Another vote of no confidence required for a few charlatans at the top of Scottish football hopefully enough clubs pissed off to make it go through this time

Did nobody read the op's full post. Yet, some come out with the predictable reap what you sew replies.
One swallow does not a summer make. All through our troubles they were voting against us. All through the battles we had we stood alone. One vote doesn't change anything they were happy to put the boot in and were complicit in creating the mess we now have.

So sorry if cant feel sympathy. They were happy for us to lose the club we love. OK they are changing tune now but haven't exactly campaigned for change.

No idea about the mechanisms , but someone should raise a vote of no confidence. There's no doubt the outcome would be different now, Doncaster, McKenzie, and McLennan are all dead men walking.
The close season is the time to strike, use the intervening period to garner support.
If there is any kind of sense applied, then surely Doncaster and his gang are living on borrowed time.

CHAIRMAN’S UPDATE​

Unfortunately this update is with regards to a new shutdown for our football club

As most will be aware, all football below the Scottish Championship level has been suspended by the Scottish FA Joint Response Group (JRG). This includes the Stenhousemuir men’s first team and all other teams within the structures that flow underneath. The younger age groups in our community programme are still able to train, and the club will remain in contact with parents to make them aware of any changing arrangements.

News of the suspension is disappointing. There is no evidence to suggest that football clubs are responsible for spreading the virus between clubs or into other communities. The positive test rate amongst players has been no greater than the rest of society. If there was evidence to suggest that football clubs were a source of wider virus spread then of course action would need to be taken, but there isn’t.

Whilst this decision is disappointing, we will do all we can to keep the players ready for a resumption of football when we are allowed to do so once again. The suspension places further strain on our club, will limit the ability of our staff to carry out their duties, and it has significant potential to interrupt our ability to do business in the transfer window.

As many people will have heard, we found out about the suspension from the Scottish FA/SPFL when we were sent a copy of a press release addressed to the media. There had been no consultation with clubs, no warning and no support offered. We find this deeply disappointing.

As has also now been widely reported, there was a scheduled SPFL General Meeting of Members held on Wednesday 13th January where clubs expected to be able to discuss this critical development. To clarify the timeline, this meeting was just 48 hours after the decision to suspend clubs was announced in the media. I am bitterly disappointed to confirm the reports in the press that the SPFL refused to allow any discussion between clubs on this topic, and any other issues in that meeting. Club representatives had their microphones muted and the only communication accepted was where clubs could email questions to the secretary, who would in turn email them to the Chairman and he would read them out. At no point were clubs allowed to speak. I made a number of requests to speak, and they were all refused.

So faced with the news of this imposed suspension of football, our own league body refused clubs the opportunity to discuss this at our own Members General Meeting. For the record, we have been represented at every league meeting held, and this censured format has never been used before. I very much doubt that I need to say much more on this as many football club supporters will be outraged at hearing this, but sadly not surprised. Fans own our game, they are the biggest stakeholders in our clubs. Silencing the club voices who are in place to represent fans, in arguably the worst crisis Scottish football has faced, is an affront to supporters everywhere.

We will continue to raise concerns on this matter, just as we will do everything in our control to work towards getting our game back. Football fans deserve better than this from our league bodies – change is needed, reform must be put on the agenda at some point soon. We will campaign for change and we hope that other clubs and supporter groups will too.

For those who want a wee vent/rant - Stenhousemuir backed our calls for an independent inquiry last season.
He spoke very well on Talking Football, on Tuesday night .
Too bad most are busy listening to the latest Declan on Clyde.

"For the record, we have been represented at every league meeting held, and this censured format has never been used before."

It's mainly a very well written Statement.

So, I wonder if the use of "censured" (expression of severe disapproval) rather than "censored" (altered to suppress inormation) was deliberate.

Either way, it's pretty damning.

I just wish that we could -- EVERY time that this is happening to all these wee Clubs now -- just hold a big sign up stating:
"We told you so."

Muting the mics really is like a dictatorship and showing utter contempt for their members

So much for Doncaster’s BS that they are their for the members and carry out instructions that the members agree to implement

I genuinely don’t think that after this initial 3 week stoppage is completed we will see the leagues restarting

I don’t trust the SPL board. They are sleekit lying vermin and only interested in helping one club

CHAIRMAN’S UPDATE​

Unfortunately this update is with regards to a new shutdown for our football club

As most will be aware, all football below the Scottish Championship level has been suspended by the Scottish FA Joint Response Group (JRG). This includes the Stenhousemuir men’s first team and all other teams within the structures that flow underneath. The younger age groups in our community programme are still able to train, and the club will remain in contact with parents to make them aware of any changing arrangements.

News of the suspension is disappointing. There is no evidence to suggest that football clubs are responsible for spreading the virus between clubs or into other communities. The positive test rate amongst players has been no greater than the rest of society. If there was evidence to suggest that football clubs were a source of wider virus spread then of course action would need to be taken, but there isn’t.

Whilst this decision is disappointing, we will do all we can to keep the players ready for a resumption of football when we are allowed to do so once again. The suspension places further strain on our club, will limit the ability of our staff to carry out their duties, and it has significant potential to interrupt our ability to do business in the transfer window.

As many people will have heard, we found out about the suspension from the Scottish FA/SPFL when we were sent a copy of a press release addressed to the media. There had been no consultation with clubs, no warning and no support offered. We find this deeply disappointing.

As has also now been widely reported, there was a scheduled SPFL General Meeting of Members held on Wednesday 13th January where clubs expected to be able to discuss this critical development. To clarify the timeline, this meeting was just 48 hours after the decision to suspend clubs was announced in the media. I am bitterly disappointed to confirm the reports in the press that the SPFL refused to allow any discussion between clubs on this topic, and any other issues in that meeting. Club representatives had their microphones muted and the only communication accepted was where clubs could email questions to the secretary, who would in turn email them to the Chairman and he would read them out. At no point were clubs allowed to speak. I made a number of requests to speak, and they were all refused.

So faced with the news of this imposed suspension of football, our own league body refused clubs the opportunity to discuss this at our own Members General Meeting. For the record, we have been represented at every league meeting held, and this censured format has never been used before. I very much doubt that I need to say much more on this as many football club supporters will be outraged at hearing this, but sadly not surprised. Fans own our game, they are the biggest stakeholders in our clubs. Silencing the club voices who are in place to represent fans, in arguably the worst crisis Scottish football has faced, is an affront to supporters everywhere.

We will continue to raise concerns on this matter, just as we will do everything in our control to work towards getting our game back. Football fans deserve better than this from our league bodies – change is needed, reform must be put on the agenda at some point soon. We will campaign for change and we hope that other clubs and supporter groups will too.

For those who want a wee vent/rant - Stenhousemuir backed our calls for an independent inquiry last season.
asked for a response from Stenny and they have not disappointed. Great article.

Says it as it is, we will keep going round in circles with these imbeciles in charge. If they were not so important to 1/42 of the SPFL clubs they would have been chased long ago for incompetence.

One swallow does not a summer make. All through our troubles they were voting against us. All through the battles we had we stood alone. One vote doesn't change anything they were happy to put the boot in and were complicit in creating the mess we now have.

So sorry if cant feel sympathy. They were happy for us to lose the club we love. OK they are changing tune now but haven't exactly campaigned for change.
My point is, if you want change we have to work with them.

There is a momentum building from a lot of clubs. Rangers cant bring them down alone as has been proved. No use turning our back on them or we'll be forever stuck with them.

Fair play to them for speaking out, they stood with Rangers last year too and we should not forget that.

If only other clubs had the foresight that we, and a few others, had at that time.

Instead they lay down and were sold by a "rousing speech" by Liewell.

Forgetting all the other noise for a moment, it’s an absolutely outrageous way to run any sort of meeting. This is a multimillion pound national business and yet these cunts are getting away with treating it like the local boolin’ club.

FFS, surely time for a no confidence vote.

no chance boolin clubs would stand for this shite.

While these statements are welcome, it should be noted that they’re from the same clubs as last time.

Until we see dissension from some of the those that voted with the SPFL we’re not getting change.

No point mate...too many on here just want to regurgitate the same old pish without being interested in the facts.
That’s exactly what it is, some could be doing with checking the facts and engaging brain before posting shite

Every sympathy for clubs like Stenny who have been shafted to appease the Scottish Government after the Celtic fiasco.

This is a dictatorship not a Governing body for football, to not allow others to even voice their opinion is completely unacceptable.
Clubs must act now and vote them out.

The questions to be asked is who decided that this was the way the meeting would be run and why? Were all the Clubs in agreement that this meeting should be conducted in this new manner? If not they should have left the meeting and declared to all why they would not take part in this shambles of a meeting.

What you need is one of the major broadcasters, SKY or suchlike to pick this up and invite the guy to interview. Otherwise it dies a quick death on message boards and off they go into the sunset....again. Kind of thing I'd like our Director of Comms passing on to SKY asking them "what do you make of this? Worth speaking to this guy".

It is disappointing to read many on here claiming clubs deserve what they get for now speaking out against the football authorities.

Whistle anyone claiming this against Stenhousemuir would be in the wrong as they voted with us, we really should be encouraging other clubs to open up and accept that there is a cataclysmic event required to bring about real change in Scottish football.

What we should not be doing is saying - ah you deserve what you get, shove your complaints up your hole. This is not the way to get others in line with our views.

This statement highlights some horrendous issues with those who run our game - their arrogance is now off the scale and the only way to get change is for all clubs (bar one) to start campaigning now.

I would like Rangers directors to be reaching out privately to their counterparts across all clubs - apart from celtic and anyone else with representation on the SFA/SPFL boards - and get their views on change within Scottish football.

However we do this only if it doesn't distract us with our own in house development.

I am not sure if this is an appropriate way forward but something majorly drastic needs to be done as a matter of urgency.

As I've said before these clubs are reaping what they've sown and the game has made them the sacrifice to protect Celtic.

Hopefully its not too late before they wake up and smell the stench.

Back