New Strips

Just wondered of those who are still waiting for tops to be dispatched, are you waiting on a printed top?

I ordered Hagi 7 for my son and still no dispatch email. Have emailed Castore and had no response as yet, got reply on social media to send email so still waiting.

I hate moaning as working on the other side of retail I know the challenges, but even I'm pushed to make excuses for the lack of response and planning for the demand. My order was 2333, but I think now that's irrelevant.

I'm assuming I'll be cancelling and letting my son buy it on Thursday, which is a shame as he wanted to have it to wear by then, but that's life!
Hi - did you hear anything more?

You situation is pretty much same as mine - one top for me, one printed for my son (who wanted to wear it to a football school tomorrow).

Nothing delivered, no communications, I’ve sent another email to Castore, only to be bounced to re-send my mail to the consierge address.

£25 off a future order when they’ve made a complete arse of this one isn’t going to cut it. I could have driven to a Glasgow and bought the tops in a shop by now.

Starting to get worried about my subsequent orders on 1st and 4th Aug let alone my preorder in July

It was pretty daft in that case to take 50000 pre orders on the 1st of July and make out they would be delivered on the 1st of August.

I can forgive their logistic issues and I’m not bothered that I wasnt the 1st 40 year old man with the new strip but their lack of communication is disappointing.

There was never any indication they would be delivered on 1 Aug. That's simply how folk chose to read it. What they said was 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. That means handed over to courier that day (due to contractual issues). That didn't happen for everyone, of course.

Can't defend the lack of communication other than by highlighting the unexpected Hermes malicious damage issue, which will have swamped their support team. They've got extra staff in now but, as I've highlighted earlier, when folk then start emailing multiple times that negates having the extra support staff. Catch-22. Nothing stopping them getting a blanket message out though - be it via email or via Rangers putting some meat on the bones as to what is going on.

I wouldn't worry about your number I'm 12337 spoke with people order numbers in the 3000's and 5000, who haven't had anything other than the confirmation emails.
So if no one from 13,000 to at least 23,000 hasn’t got theirs, that’s £250,000 worth of £25 off vouchers we’ll all be getting?

Got an email yesterday saying my top had been damaged on hand over to the courier and they were sorry for the inconvenience caused and would give me an online £25 discount.

There was never any indication they would be delivered on 1 Aug. That's simply how folk chose to read it. What they said was 'out for delivery on 1 Aug'. That means handed over to courier that day (due to contractual issues). That didn't happen for everyone, of course.

Can't defend the lack of communication other than by highlighting the unexpected Hermes malicious damage issue, which will have swamped their support team. They've got extra staff in now but, as I've highlighted earlier, when folk then start emailing multiple times that negates having the extra support staff. Catch-22. Nothing stopping them getting a blanket message out though - be it via email or via Rangers putting some meat on the bones as to what is going on.
The point of a preorder is to get a product on the day it goes on general sale at the latest. The Rangers Store is now filled with tops when some preorders haven’t even been dispatched? That’s horrendous for preorders that were made over a month ago.

You would think after everything our club has gone through we would be happy clapping no one until they prove themselves. My experience of Castore thus far is poor so I will say so. Happy to take my money and give me nothing in return and many others in the same boat.

they know whose pre-orders haven’t been fulfilled and will have email addresses or mobile numbers for most if not all those people. A standard email or text to say the orders are being processed and will hopefully be sorted soon would be great fully received and stop people getting annoyed
That’s all I’m looking for. If their email is being overwhelmed with people asking the same thing, then a quick and easy fix is some sort of mass email or social media post. Instead their SLA is 6 days!

they could easily nip it in the bud by putting out a blanket message explaining the reasons so many people are still waiting on the strips they paid for 5 weeks ago, an apology to the sizeable number of people that haven’t heard a peep from them wouldn’t go amiss either.

do it on one of the fan media videos they are so fond of.

I don’t think that’s correct.
Castore explained why they couldn’t deliver stuff on the 1st in their video ( previous contract) Items were always being dispatched from the 1st as far as I understood.

the problem goes back to late June when bisgrove and castore were crowing about the new retail deal ( rightly) but failed to say how sports direct would still be a retailer and would have the strips on the first day. They must have known that it wouldn’t be possible to send them until the old contract was up yet waited until the night before the expected delivery to say that we would get them ASAP.

I wouldn't worry about your number I'm 12337 spoke with people order numbers in the 3000's and 5000, who haven't had anything other than the confirmation emails.
It should honestly be a sticky in this thread that the order number means absolutely NOTHING in terms of delivery

It’s mind boggling that I preordered my home kit only for now any fan to walk in and buy a home kit at the club shop and I’ve not heard a thing about mine. Absolute shambles.

BTW I bet everyone calling us moaning, malcontent poets has a strip.
I fully get where you're all coming from, I thankfully got mine on Monday but on Sat/Sun I was a moaning faced coont!

I am now in the position that I can see it from both sides. If I'd paid for something (especially for a kid) and it didn't turn up I would be fuming, add to that if you've contacted Castore and not had any joy (fortunately they always respond to me)

From Castores side there's been an issue with Hermes, that much is clear. They will have limited staff which has been addressed I believe as well, so they will be dealing with this as quickly as they can as well.

The laid back version of me says guys just give them a bit of time they will get back to you, sending multiple enquiries isn't helping.
The realistic side realises you paid for a product(s) that you've had little to no communication directly about and its most likely that side that is more irking than not actually getting the shirt.

There is no defending the delivery of these items now. They should have been with every person who ordered.

If you order anything else trainers or a TV or a set of headphones and these were being posted 1st August by courier they would be here by now.

Castore or Hermes, the blame lies somewhere and as mentioned if you contact a company about an order these days......there should not be such a poor response (well unless it's the Rangers ticket office:D )

It's okay to be critical of a service connected with the club. Dont know why folk have issue in just saying it as it is. It's clear there have been faults in this process with deliveries. Youd just accept castore or hermes to come out say what's happened to reason for the delays apologise and then everyone knows where they stand.

There are some reality checks needed on all sides in this debate/typical online argument.

- People buying anything under a service promise have a right to expect it to be honoured
- If there has been an issue with the courier company, then it is for Castore as the party the consumer purchased through to deal with and resolve
- It is also upon Castore to find a suitable way to compensate customers who have not seen their order fulfilled as specified
- It is immaterial whether it is a day late or a couple of days late or a month late, if it's late, then the consumer can ask questions about why they've not had the service they paid for
- If this wasn't Rangers, then a good number of the people happily defending the situation, making excuses and telling folk to calm down and be patient wouldn't be saying the same thing. They'd be telling folk the company were cowboys, never deal with them, etc - we see these kind of threads all the time in the lounge.
- If they don't have the working capacity/resources to fulfil the demand then that is a failing and on them, not a justification. Nobody would give SD the benefit of the doubt for underestimating anything and rightly so.

On the other side:
- Yes, nobody is dying, so some of the instant raging angry posts should be tempered and dealt with in a more sensible tone
- This happens EVERY year. I purposely avoided the preorder stuff this season and even last because I was so used to seeing this scenario. "Fool me once" and all that.
- Castore do seem to be addressing the issue by issuing refund/voucher options to folk, so are at least taking that responsibility and are also supposedly dealing with the Hermes issue (as they should be themselves)
- The times are unprecedented and the overhaul of things, including the shop at the stadium looks genuinely like a massive step in the right direction and worth waiting for.
- For the first time in a looong time we can say hand-on-heart and with confidence that SD are not a part of this or scuppering it. Hopefully in a few weeks the madness will calm down a bit and settle into a more normalised level of supply and demand, which is worth waiting for IMHO.

That seems a rational stance to take for any grown adult, particularly when the whole point of the exercise is primarily to put money into the club.

If you end up getting your top next week, you’ll just about survive.

If it was out for delivery it would be fine, but it's not.

It's like my order doesn't exist, if you think pre ordering a top on 01/07 for dispatch on 01/08 and hearing absolutely nothing about it is acceptable you don't have very high standards.

Never mind the ignored queries to their CS team about it.

We all want was partnership to work but so far they are showing themselves to be small time amateurs.

Hi - did you hear anything more?

You situation is pretty much same as mine - one top for me, one printed for my son (who wanted to wear it to a football school tomorrow).

Nothing delivered, no communications, I’ve sent another email to Castore, only to be bounced to re-send my mail to the consierge address.

£25 off a future order when they’ve made a complete arse of this one isn’t going to cut it. I could have driven to a Glasgow and bought the tops in a shop by now.

Nope still nothing at all and as far as we could see there were no printed tops in store so just left it and hope that it turns up!!

Starting to think there is a real issue with these? Can anyOne who has been in the store today confirm if there are ladies tops on sale?
No emails for me either and certainly no vouchers!
I'm starting to wonder if my order not coming is the same issue 3 strips one ladies top.
No email and no voucher either.

I'm another with no pre-order kit, no dispatch email and no contact from Castore re apologies / credit note. I sent them an email on Tueday and I'll give them the 48 business hours before contacting them again. It is what it is.

If it was out for delivery it would be fine, but it's not.

It's like my order doesn't exist, if you think pre ordering a top on 01/07 for dispatch on 01/08 and hearing absolutely nothing about it is acceptable you don't have very high standards.

Never mind the ignored queries to their CS team about it.

We all want was partnership to work but so far they are showing themselves to be small time amateurs.

It’s nothing to do with high standards. It’s understanding how logistics work with small businesses. It’s understanding that the world doesn’t revolve around me, and they’ll get back to me as soon as they can, particularly if thousands of others are in the same boat.

Something has clearly gone wrong. Shit happens. They’ll resolve it in time, and should hopefully learn. If they don’t, and make the same mistakes again, then criticism will be considerably more justified.

They’ve invested a lot of money into our club which is allowing us to strengthen our team, they deserve a bit of time to get it right.

Surely people must have anticipated deluvery issues. Castore are a pretty new company and will have never experienced logistic operations like this. Although it wasn't their brightest move to use Hermes as their courier.
People are forgetting they set the preorder quantity and the various sizes available. They decided they could handle 50k tops. They ciose the delivery and courier method. They could have set the preorder at 10k or 25k or whatever, or decided it was adult tops only but they worked out what could be delivered with 1 months notice on what stock was required and all the monies were taken upfront. This is a mess of their own making.

Surely people must have anticipated deluvery issues. Castore are a pretty new company and will have never experienced logistic operations like this. Although it wasn't their brightest move to use Hermes as their courier.
Well if they are not ready to compete with the big boys yet then don't

Or else expect the criticism when you fail

All business works like that the big brands get to a level for a reason theres many before them who have tried without success

Hopefully for Rangers sake they learn from mistakes made but damage has been done and they need to regain a lot of trust which won't happen overnight

I expect teething problems, I understand the demand. I sympathise that it will take time to get back through the backlog to reply to my email.
i don’t understand why the away top I ordered on Saturday is out for delivery today. yet I’ve heard or seen nothing of the home kit I pre-ordered first thing on July 1st.

I'm being realistic about how long it will take a company to reply to 1000s of customer service queries in amongst all the botched hermes orders. They have said they have hired more staff to deal with it. Would I call it a "disgrace", jesus christ that is hysterical. There are massive companies out there who take longer to reply.
The company know who's strips have not been dispatched yet. A generic mass email to those affected should not be a problem.

My order which hasn't arrived was order no 2000 odd.
It must be a size or style issue, unless it’s one of the tampered packages.
We’re just all going to speculate and add our own 10 pence worth until Castore gives a reason why later orders, including away kits, are being fulfilled before earlier ones.

Folk would probably be a bit happier if they or the club issued some sort of genetic statement/mass email acknowledging issues, but nope, just Castore doing videos and podcasts saying how great it all is and folk leaking accusations of mass damaging of product to blogs.

It's all about preserving the image, nothing more nothing less. The cultists here are happy to accept it because any negative news that gives their Timmy pals/workmates banter material is unthinkable.

Folk acting like 50000 tops needing shipped with a months lead time to sort logistics is some sort of mammoth task ffs.

Under promise / over deliver

An absolute basic in sales. Why bother pre selling 50,000 if they couldn't manage? Why not 10,000?

Where I work you simply cannot promise a customer delivery and then not deliver and ignore them when they ask where the item is...it's not allowed.

This in a nutshell.

There's simply no excuse for it, no matter how many people on here try to claim they are great.

It’s nothing to do with high standards. It’s understanding how logistics work with small businesses. It’s understanding that the world doesn’t revolve around me, and they’ll get back to me as soon as they can, particularly if thousands of others are in the same boat.

Something has clearly gone wrong. Shit happens. They’ll resolve it in time, and should hopefully learn. If they don’t, and make the same mistakes again, then criticism will be considerably more justified.

They’ve invested a lot of money into our club which is allowing us to strengthen our team, they deserve a bit of time to get it right.
That's all they have to tell us. Its the lack of communication that is frustrating.

Finally the tops arrived

Both in perfect order and I have to say they look great

Now to get the away one ordered as I know extra medium fits perfect

Said it yesterday and will say it today. Adults surely should be able to wait for the tops but my eleven year old is now starting to see his friends with the full strip and he’s tormenting the life out of me about when he’s getting his. every morning for the past 5 days his first words are “hopefully it will come today dad eh?” I’m not annoyed at castore or Hermes I’m just seriously disappointed for my son.

It’s a ladies top I’m waiting on as well. I wonder if there’s any on sale in store?

I’m beginning to think there were no ladies home tops to begin with, unless anyone confirms they have received one. They pulled the tops from sale alleging they were sold out however there were hundreds if not thousands supposedly still ‘in stock’ at that point.

As other posters have said, a simple comms to satisfy people these orders will be fulfilled would be enough to reduce the noise. As it is, £120 pre-order on 1st July is in a black hole meanwhile away strip being delivered today.

Back