New Strips

I have just settled for not getting anything by Saturday. The latest communication reads to me as.....We havent a glue whats happened to your order, if its not here by the 15th, drop us an email letting us know we have definately lost track of your order and we will take it from there.

Just got sent this. One of the first online to order all the training gear. Now they’ve f*cked it up and can’t fulfill my order 9 days later. Sent from a no reply email as well.

Most of the stuff I ordered is now sold out.

Shambles.

Last edited:

Just got sent this. One of the first online to order all the training gear. Now they’ve f*cked it up and can’t fulfill my order 9 days later. Sent from a no reply email as well.

Shambles.

Is that email not suggesting they can fulfil part of your order but cannot fulfil a single item?

"unable to completely fulfil your order".

"this will confirm the item being refunded".

Totally understand people's frustrations here but this looks very much like Castore simply don't yet have the building blocks in place to meet demand. Being such a young company , from the outside it seems their primary focus has been the quality of the garments. A huge demand probably even outstripping their best case sales forecast has seen them caught on the hop regards supply and demand. Teething problems I'd like to think and this is undoubtedly be a learning process for them. As our relationship with them progresses throughout the contract I'm confident they will find the answers to meet such a massive challenge. Circumstances dictate the demand for our kit this year was always going to be unprecedented but give them time and they will serve us well.

Totally understand people's frustrations here but this looks very much like Castore simply don't yet have the building blocks in place to meet demand. Being such a young company , from the outside it seems their primary focus has been the quality of the garments. A huge demand probably even outstripping their best case sales forecast has seen them caught on the hop regards supply and demand. Teething problems I'd like to think and this is undoubtedly be a learning process for them. As our relationship with them progresses throughout the contract I'm confident they will find the answers to meet such a massive challenge. Circumstances dictate the demand for our kit this year was always going to be unprecedented but give them time and they will serve us well.

That's why you don't launch 3 kits in quick succession

agreed , but they were well warned of the demand

It really isn’t they’ve been first class for 99%+ Especially in the middle of a pandemic
Your just one of the unlucky .5% but you’ll get your top.

People aren’t going to get their tops though.

If you look in the other thread there are now numerous bears getting a horrendously worded email saying their orders can’t be fulfilled several weeks after ordering them.

I got the email this morning for a top that is still showing as available to buy on the website. A couple of my mates are also in the same boat.

It’s starting to look like they are just cancelling a lot of outstanding orders.

Schoolboy stuff.

That's why you don't launch 3 kits in quick succession

I'm not here to defend them bud trust me but it would seem to me they've looked at previous arrangements and tried to mimic expectations. They will also have been aware of the frustration regards the Ashley situation and have tried to maximise sales at a time when people are crying out for product. Unfortunately the logistical thinking on meeting that demand has been hugely underestimated.

A huge demand probably even outstripping their best case sales forecast has seen them caught on the hop regards supply and demand.

Caught on the hop? They offered 50,000 tops on a presale a month in advance. They fixed the amount offered nobody else. They took the cash but haven’t delivered yet they seem quite happy to deliver The same products to people who only ordered at the start of this week.
Teething problem? Fair enough but actually email the customers affected with an explanation and options going forward are. It’s a disgrace taking large amounts of money off people Without even an acknowledgement 6 weeks later.

Still waiting for my home top hoping for a dispatch email this year. Mad that you could’ve bought it about a week ago in the Megastore yet I preordered mine over a month ago. :))

Shambles.
An absolute disgrace that fans who preordered kits over a month ago and now only getting told their order is cancelled yet other fans can walk freely into the Megastore and buy one? Honestly embarrassing from Castore, putting me off buying other stuff.

Caught on the hop? They offered 50,000 tops on a presale a month in advance. They fixed the amount offered nobody else. They took the cash but haven’t delivered yet they seem quite happy to deliver The same products to people who only ordered at the start of this week.
Teething problem? Fair enough but actually email the customers affected with an explanation and options going forward are. It’s a disgrace taking large amounts of money off people Without even an acknowledgement 6 weeks later.

You're spot on When 50,000 tops sold in record time, they knew exactly what they were getting into.

It really isn’t they’ve been first class for 99%+ Especially in the middle of a pandemic
Your just one of the unlucky .5% but you’ll get your top.

I keep seeing the pandemic excuse being churned out.

That’s fair enough and totally understandable if the issue is that Castore can’t restock the shelves after the kits have sold out.

That’s not the case with numerous people on the many threads on this topic.
Many are still waiting on their orders from the pre-sale 6wks ago. The pandemic is not the reason for that.

I have been following this thread every day. Understood the disappointment and the frustration. Didn't understand the anger. It's clothing not a kidney that's been waited on. Perspective is important.

Anyway, this morning I get an e-mail saying one of my 3 items from my pre-order has been refunded. That's disappointing.

A second e-mail comes through seconds later notifying me that my Morelos jersey has been refunded. That I take as great news because I didn't order a Morelos top so that's free money for me.

30 mins later I get an e-mail telling me the entire pre-order has now been cancelled and refunded.

So at least I'm up some cash.

Shopping at Sports Corrupt or Fraser House of Ill Repute isn't an option. But neither is The Rangers Store because it is a heck of a commute from Canada.

Still not feeling angry though. Bigger issues in the world to worry about. This is almost comic relief from other stuff.

An absolute disgrace that fans who preordered kits over a month ago and now only getting told their order is cancelled yet other fans can walk freely into the Megastore and buy one? Honestly embarrassing from Castore, putting me off buying other stuff.

You do realise the poster you quote, and the email in his post, isn't about the pre-order stuff on 1 July? Your overall point is valid but a strange post to quote in support of it.

I have been following this thread every day. Understood the disappointment and the frustration. Didn't understand the anger. It's clothing not a kidney that's been waited on. Perspective is important.

Anyway, this morning I get an e-mail saying one of my 3 items from my pre-order has been refunded. That's disappointing.

A second e-mail comes through seconds later notifying me that my Morelos jersey has been refunded. That I take as great news because I didn't order a Morelos top so that's free money for me.

30 mins later I get an e-mail telling me the entire pre-order has now been cancelled and refunded.

So at least I'm up some cash.

Shopping at Sports Corrupt or Fraser House of Ill Repute isn't an option. But neither is The Rangers Store because it is a heck of a commute from Canada.

Still not feeling angry though. Bigger issues in the world to worry about. This is almost comic relief from other stuff.

It seems they have decided to bin off most international orders.

You do realise the poster you quote, and the email in his post, isn't about the pre-order stuff on 1 July? Your overall point is valid but a strange post to quote in support of it.
Do you not realise others have received the exact same email and have preordered? What’s the issue? My point still stands, it’s an embarrassment no sugar coating it.

Do you not realise others have received the exact same email and have preordered? What’s the issue? My point still stands, it’s an embarrassment no sugar coating it.

I do realise that and you could just as easily have quoted one of those posts in support of your argument. Yet chose to do one about an order 9 days ago rather than 6 weeks ago. Seemed a strange choice to me. I'm not 'sugar coating' anything, or defending Castore for that matter. If it was intentional then fair enough, my money is still on you f*cking it up though. C'est La Vie. No big deal if you intended it.

Last edited:
This is all just feels like amateur hour. We're pissing fans off left, right and centre and seems like not one person sees a correlation between not delivering on promises and 'shiny new thing over there' being the source of frustration.

It's easily fixed, just a bit of thinking and investment.

My top has been shipped only slight problem according the shipping I am getting a top with Morelos on the back of it.i am a bit long in the tooth for a players name on the back of a shirt and before anybody asked no I didn’t ask for a named and numbered shirt.we better not sell alfie now :p :eek:

Is there a reason they keep only selling products in store and not online?

To encourage folk back into a shop that's been largely ignored for a number of years? A wee reminder its under new control these days.

I'm sure - and I hope - these exclusives will make it online in due course. The Hagi Hoodie has 'Christmas Special' written all over it.:)

Mental bringing out 3 kits at the same time when there was a phenomenal demand for the home top. Might be good intentions from Castore but they are certainly no Adidas, Nike or Umbro yet when it comes to getting their supply out.

To encourage folk back into a shop that's been largely ignored for a number of years? A wee reminder its under new control these days.

I'm sure - and I hope - these exclusives will make it online in due course. The Hagi Hoodie has 'Christmas Special' written all over it.:)

It's a nice sentiment but ultimately I think it's down to the fact they don't have the stock available to put online.

Why as a company would you deliberately harm your ability to capitalise on fans' excitement for the products by limiting your audience to maybe what, 20% of your actual fanbase?

It's a nice sentiment but ultimately I think it's down to the fact they don't have the stock available to put online.

Why as a company would you deliberately harm your ability to capitalise on fans' excitement for the products by limiting your audience to maybe what, 20% of your actual fanbase?

Combination of both I think. For example, would they want to pre-produce the Hagi Hoodie in enormous numbers to justify putting it online without knowing how many will actually be prepared to fork out £170 for it? We all love it but that's a steep price for many.

I live in Wales and would love one. Its gonna have to wait until my next trip to Scotland though because I'm not putting any relatives out to go into the shop for me. I'll survive. Unless any of them want to buy me my Christmas present nice and early.:) Have a trip to Liverpool coming up so I will got o the Castore Shop and try on the Garcia Hoodie to get an idea of sizing so all is not lost.

Mental bringing out 3 kits at the same time when there was a phenomenal demand for the home top. Might be good intentions from Castore but they are certainly no Adidas, Nike or Umbro yet when it comes to getting their supply out.
To be honest mate some of us wanted the black 3rd strip before the white 2nd one.As soon as the leak pictures were about that was the one I wanted.Know a few guys who were the same.In the store there was plenty of home and away tops available.Inwas a bit disappointed in the training gear.Thought they would have a few more items available.Hopefully in time they will remedy that.

Combination of both I think. For example, would they want to pre-produce the Hagi Hoodie in enormous numbers to justify putting it online without knowing how many will actually be prepared to fork out £170 for it? We all love it but that's a steep price for many.

I live in Wales and would love one. Its gonna have to wait until my next trip to Scotland though because I'm not putting any relatives out to go into the shop for me. I'll survive. Unless any of them want to buy me my Christmas present nice and early.:) Have a trip to Liverpool coming up so I will got o the Castore Shop and try on the Garcia Hoodie to get an idea of sizing so all is not lost.

The Garcia hoodie, I understand completely why it would be an in-store exclusive. Everything else though screams panic. How many in-store exclusives have we had over the last two weeks? Hoodies, tshirts, orange training shirt, third shirt etc. All the while that there is no stock of the home top online, and just 3 sizes of the away top.

As an international fan, you and I are literally not able to buy a Rangers home top without paying Mike Ashley. The reasons that isn't happening don't need to be repeated. It just doesn't make business sense to cut off 80% of your customer base, unless you don't have the supply to satisfy demand. Which they were told time and time about to be prepared for.

And of course people are going to be pissed off (and voice their displeasure) at the service they've received when we've been told consistently that the brand has a first-class ecommerce platform and is a premium challenger brand. There's stories of Castore taking more money for shipping via Royal Mail etc. and still shipping via Hermes. That's surely unacceptable.

But the kicker is, instead of focussing all their efforts on righting those wrongs, both the club and Castore are bringing out more in-store exclusives.

It's simple enough to remedy to keep fans onside. Set and manage expectations, communicate (conservatively) around timelines, and don't bring out anything new whilst you're dealing with orders from 6 weeks ago.

I do realise that and you could just as easily have quoted one of those posts in support of your argument. Yet chose to do one about an order 9 days ago rather than 6 weeks ago. Seemed a strange choice to me. I'm not 'sugar coating' anything, or defending Castore for that matter. If it was intentional then fair enough, my money is still on you f*cking it up though. C'est La Vie. No big deal if you intended it.
Why are you getting so worked up about it? How am I at fault? Have you had a bad day or something? Jeezo. :oops:

Quite a lot of folk agreeing with me so it says it all about Castore being not capable.

I have just been on the Castore site to order a junior away top with Kent on the back but I can't find the option for it?

Your order has been cancelled
Order #24 was cancelled at your request and your payment has been refunded .

Errr... I didn’t ask to cancel!

Ach well, got some training kit, that’ll have to do.

Sorry mate but did you hear from them since ordering?
Not about my order actually arriving, no. But hey, it's only 7 weeks from ordering and no delivery notice and 13 days after they said it would be here and has been available in the shops. It was only 100 quid though.

Will be claiming through my credit card if it's not here next week. That'll be a financial hit to Castore but fuk it...I done my end of the trade okay and on time.

But thanks for your input, Dick.

I don't know if it's been posted on this thread, but if you check back to your original confirmation email and click view your order, it might be updated. I checked mine today after seeing a post on here and I now have a Royal Mail tracking number, so hopefully they are processing them even if they don't send out dispatch emails.

Just checked mine now and its on the way! Was only recieved by Royal Mail at 7pm tonight so maybe tomorrow or Saturday I will have mine.

I don't know if it's been posted on this thread, but if you check back to your original confirmation email and click view your order, it might be updated. I checked mine today after seeing a post on here and I now have a Royal Mail tracking number, so hopefully they are processing them even if they don't send out dispatch emails.
Woohoo. Just checked and I have the same. No despatch email but it’s with Royal Mail and at Glasgow sorting. Should be today or tomorrow I guess.
Hope it bloody fits now after all this!

Woohoo kits arrived, no name on the kids one, charged me, sizing is wrong any the quality is dreadful! Disappointed is an understatement.

absolutely dreadful experience with castore. Wee fella is gutted.Ordered a MJ would barely fit a 5 year old his into clothes for a 10 year old, head hole is for a baby!

Got this via email today but my order hasn't arrived, nothing saying its on way and nothing changed with my original order still saying you will be emailed when its out for delivery!! The wait goes on!!!

Good Morning,
We would like to begin by thanking you for your patience in recent weeks. We cannot apologise enough for the recent delays you experienced with your order. We understand we have let you down and as an apology we would like to offer you a £25 gift card.
The following code can be used in the new refurbished Rangers store or online:

Please enter the code at the time of checkout or show at the till in store when purchasing.
Thanks again for all of your support, we look forward to you joining us on the journey in the next 5 years.
WATP.
*Please note: this is a 1 time use code with a minimum spend of £50. Expires 15th September 2020.

So top has just turned up minus the shirt printing we paid £15 for!! Have checked all over and it looks ok, no visible damage or standard print missing.

I’m so fed up of chasing and being annoyed at them. My son had his heart set on a Hagi top. This year is the first time he’s not had names on the back of his top. As the store not doing it and online clearly aren’t either!!

So another email to get it sorted! And no £25 voucher here! Not even a response as yet!!

Back