New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all did,

Like I have said I believe id10s source is no longer providing him with information and therefore believe that is the reason behind him not giving anything.

Having said that as someone who likes id10 I wish he would start posting again as it makes the board a lot more fun with the ultimate highs and the worst comedowns at everyone of his posts!!

I would disagree - given the reaction of some people on this board after the Skrtel thing, I would say he's quite within his rights to stop discussing transfer rumours on here as everyone takes it as gospel then give him a rough time when it doesn't come through. Whether they're right or wrong, it's always fun, which is a shame now that it's not happening.

No i,m not but he is still better than mcburnie.plus he has been playing none stop for over 18 months if he is still here next season judge him then.after his break and a new manager.oh by the way he won,t be the first strikerto miss a chance.
I like Morelos mate,and his overall game is undoubtedly better than McBurnie's.
But the latter wouldn't have missed the big chances Alfie did imo.

And with the best will in the world,sticking the ball in the net is the most important part of a strikers job.
That and I think we might get near six million for Morelos,we could do a lot with that sort of cash.

No i,m not but he is still better than mcburnie.plus he has been playing none stop for over 18 months if he is still here next season judge him then.after his break and a new manager.oh by the way he won,t be the first strikerto miss a chance.

A chance?

How many games did he go without scoring?

How many clear cut chances did he miss against Celtic?

Guaranteed if there was a title race on every single person would have been slaughtering him and demanding he be sold!

I don’t need another season, his attitude and petulance also has a negative impact.

Can,t really see us getting six mate .4-5 max .but if he stays and is will to learn and work at his game then he may be worth a lot more.
We'll see mate,anything north of five and I think he'll go-the lad's heads been turned imo.

The difference is morelos is a better player than mcburnie.in my opion.the thing that lets morelos down for me is his temperment.
Correct, I have a very short fuse for these type of c#nts. If you cant give 100% or don't want to play for Rangers then get tae f#ck.

A chance?

Guaranteed if there was a title race on every single person would have been slaughtering him and demanding he be sold!

I don’t need another season, his attitude and petulance also has a negative impact.
The guys head has been up his arse since the move to china went south.as for missing against celticis he the first rangers player to miss against celtic.no he isn,t.if you honestly think mcburnie is a better player your head is in the clouds..how ny goals did francis jeffers score for rangers and he had a higher profile than morelos.

There could be legs in it because there was a total character assassination of the boy in the Sunday Mail yesterday by Scott McDermott, probably just warming up for him moving to Rangers- my tongue is (slightly) in my cheek of course.
Joking aside he said Burke had an attitude problem, was surly, a loner and also levelled the classic accusation of him having bad body language. Lovely words about a 21 year old boy.
Who has said we are in for him or is it just FF talk?

We'll see mate,anything north of five and I think he'll go-the lad's heads been turned imo.
Totally agree with you mate his head was turned by the chance odf a move to china and trebble the wages.if he stays and his willing to buckle down and learn under our new management then he could go for a lot more.

Reactions: cav
There could be legs in it because there was a total character assassination of the boy in the Sunday Mail yesterday by Scott McDermott, probably just warming up for him moving to Rangers- my tongue is (slightly) in my cheek of course.
Joking aside he said Burke had an attitude problem, was surly, a loner and also levelled the classic accusation of him having bad body language. Lovely words about a 21 year old boy.

Scott is 100% a bluenose.

The guys head has been up his arse since the move to china went south.as for missing against celticis he the first rangers player to miss against celtic.no he isn,t.if you honestly think mcburnie is a better player your head is in the clouds..

At no point have I mentioned McBurnie in any post. Oh his heads up his arse because he didn’t get a move to a smaller club so that makes everything fine - or maybe that’s where the word petulance comes in!

Your go to argument appears to be he is not the first person to miss a chance! That is glaringly obvious but you failed to answer any the points I raised regarding if there was a title race on and he had missed those chances ....

Anyway buddy we will need to agree to disagree on this one!

Enjoy your evening

A chance?

Better no slate morelos mate you’ll get slaughtered for voicing an opinion on here

Where’s the chat about Oli Bourke coming from ? He’s lost his way but I’d love to sign him still only 21 . West Brom lookin st offloading?

The guys head has been up his arse since the move to china went south.as for missing against celticis he the first rangers player to miss against celtic.no he isn,t.if you honestly think mcburnie is a better player your head is in the clouds..how ny goals did francis jeffers score for rangers and he had a higher profile than morelos.

All strikers miss chances but some of Morelos's were bad, not just one or two but a good few. In big games you must take your chances as striker. I'm not sure he has the mentality.

However, all that is a side issue, Imo, Morelos wants a move for more money, he is not a team player, attitude is questionable, still doesn't speak English, temperament issues.

I don't think their is much between them. However, I don't want someone that's not there for the cause.

We need to remember SG may bring in his own number 1 Striker and therefore will be required to play him and thus lowering the fee for Morelos even more.

All strikers miss chances but some of Morelos's were bad, not just one or two but a good few. In big games you must take your chances as striker. I'm not sure he has the mentality.

However, all that is a side issue, Imo, Morelos wants a move for more money, he is not a team player, attitude is questionable, still doesn't speak English, temperament issues.

I don't think their is much between them. However, I don't want someone that's not there for the cause.

We need to remember SG may bring in his own number 1 Striker and therefore will be required to play him and thus lowering the fee for Morelos even more.

If SG thinks he can work and improve Fredo, then I'm all for SG judgement.

It's not the worst situation we could be in.

Hes not the first striker to miss chances and won,t be the last.if he is still here we may see a different player under gerrard.
That’s true but I’d still like another striker with a good strike rate over a few seasons in alongside him if he stays.

Folk that slag off Morelos couldn't spot a footballer if one shat on their face, fact.
Depends if you mean call out the faults or slag. He’s not perfect by any means regardless of his plus points. As examples, Boyd got criticism for being lazy and Miller for a poor first touch. So he’s not above criticism either...

For what it’s worth, I like him but I am concerned that his head has been turned by January rumours of interest from China and that it will take a fair bit of work to get him interested in staying.

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS;

This thread is for transfer news. Can anyone who feels the need to discuss the ability of Alfredo Morelos or anyone else for that matter, kindly f*ck off onto another thread, so that the rest of us can continue to read transfer related posts on here.

Kind Regards,
Everyone who wants to keep the thread on track.

When's Ejaria jetting in? I wonder if he'll play against Scotland on Wednesday?

Wouldn't expect him to start pre season on the 15th if he's still playing now

West Brom defender Gareth McAuley is the most likely player to sign for Rangers next, according to Football Whispers.

The football news site claims that McAuley, 38, is firmly in the running to end up at Ibrox this summer with the Northern Ireland international seemingly in limbo at The Hawthorns judging by his latest comments on his contract situation as his current deal is due to expire this month.

“I don’t know where that sits. I haven’t been told, ‘We want you there or we don’t want you’. I’m not sure what the club is thinking about me,” he said, as quoted by the Birmingham Mail last month.

The defensive colossus, who stands at 6ft 3in tall according to transfermarkt, could be on way to Rangers once his contract expires at West Brom, with Football Whispers rating there being a 3.4 out of 5 chance that he will agree terms with the Glasgow giants.

Football Whispers rounds up transfer rumours from across the world and rates the likeliness of them coming true, with a score of 5 out of 5 meaning that the rumour is basically a certainty.

OPINION

McAuley is pretty much set to leave West Brom this summer. Even though he has remained fit and injury-free, he played just 12 times for the Baggies across all competitions and there’s little chance that Darren Moore will hand him a new deal. McAuley has been a brilliant servant for the Baggies having signed for them from Ipswich on a free transfer in 2011. Even though he was already in his 30s, he made well over 200 appearances for the Black Country club. Rangers could really do with someone like him in their side. McAuley is a leader and would add a lot of class to a defence which is currently looking all over the place. West Brom’s best strength before their relegation was how solid they were at the back. The former Ipswich and Lincoln centre-back played a major role in that and Gerrard would be daft to pass up the option to sign him on a free this summer.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/06/rumour-mill/west-brom-defender-mcauley-most-likely-next-rangers-signing/

I don’t think think MA or SG will want to sign anyone within retirement age. By the end of the transfer window I hope we have a fresh and hungry squad with a few experienced players.

#LetsGo

I also predict a signing tomorrow! - just a guess on my part

West Brom defender Gareth McAuley is the most likely player to sign for Rangers next, according to Football Whispers.

The football news site claims that McAuley, 38, is firmly in the running to end up at Ibrox this summer with the Northern Ireland international seemingly in limbo at The Hawthorns judging by his latest comments on his contract situation as his current deal is due to expire this month.

“I don’t know where that sits. I haven’t been told, ‘We want you there or we don’t want you’. I’m not sure what the club is thinking about me,” he said, as quoted by the Birmingham Mail last month.

The defensive colossus, who stands at 6ft 3in tall according to transfermarkt, could be on way to Rangers once his contract expires at West Brom, with Football Whispers rating there being a 3.4 out of 5 chance that he will agree terms with the Glasgow giants.

Football Whispers rounds up transfer rumours from across the world and rates the likeliness of them coming true, with a score of 5 out of 5 meaning that the rumour is basically a certainty.

OPINION

McAuley is pretty much set to leave West Brom this summer. Even though he has remained fit and injury-free, he played just 12 times for the Baggies across all competitions and there’s little chance that Darren Moore will hand him a new deal. McAuley has been a brilliant servant for the Baggies having signed for them from Ipswich on a free transfer in 2011. Even though he was already in his 30s, he made well over 200 appearances for the Black Country club. Rangers could really do with someone like him in their side. McAuley is a leader and would add a lot of class to a defence which is currently looking all over the place. West Brom’s best strength before their relegation was how solid they were at the back. The former Ipswich and Lincoln centre-back played a major role in that and Gerrard would be daft to pass up the option to sign him on a free this summer.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/06/rumour-mill/west-brom-defender-mcauley-most-likely-next-rangers-signing/
McAuley makes Bruno look like Lingford Christie :eek: please no!

Last edited:
At no point have I mentioned McBurnie in any post. Oh his heads up his arse because he didn’t get a move to a smaller club so that makes everything fine - or maybe that’s where the word petulance comes in!

Your go to argument appears to be he is not the first person to miss a chance! That is glaringly obvious but you failed to answer any the points I raised regarding if there was a title race on and he had missed those chances ....

Anyway buddy we will need to agree to disagree on this one!

Enjoy your evening
Good god man morelos was one of our beter players last season and your basing his preformance on a hypothetical situation.if there was a title race.okay just to humour you.if we had beaten celtic in the 3 to game there may have been a title race on .he missed a sitter but we also lost 3 goals two of them were very avoidable.yes he has also missed some other sitters in the scum games but we also lost a good few goals so you could mention the majority of the team .
You could mention the ref in the last aberdeen game who gave them a none existant penalty. Unfortunately my friend you win and lose as a team .
If hes still here lets see how he gets on under our new managment rather than
.last season where the whole team preformed badly

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS;

This thread is for transfer news. Can anyone who feels the need to discuss the ability of Alfredo Morelos or anyone else for that matter, kindly f*ck off onto another thread, so that the rest of us can continue to read transfer related posts on here.

Kind Regards,
Everyone who wants to keep the thread on track.
What transer news there isn,t any mate .its all gossip taken from news papers.

That’s true but I’d still like another striker with a good strike rate over a few seasons in alongside him if he stays.
Fair point mate.would you say that morelos works better as a loan striker or with a partner.personally think loan strilker but would need better service.

If we sell Morelos coming off the back of the second half of last season someone will get a bargain and we’ll be left with our trousers at our ankles.

Some wish casting here but there’s a boy who plays in the a-league called arzani who would be great for us and I don’t imagine would be too expensive

McAuley would be a no for me thats a win the title or it's pointless signing.

At 38 a body is ready to break and legs are ready to to.

I would also say a body is more likely to break in Scotland playing at places like Killie and Hamilton and where refs let far more go.

Morelos does have a pishy attitude at times - he visibly does sulk and huff on the park.

The literal evidence of this is chasing a team mate across the pitch rather than staying engaged in the game - thats not the norm for a player.

At Motherwell in the 2-2 game he spent the first 20 minutes moaning like %^*&, he walked around the pitch as a game of football he wasnt invovled in went on around him - I don't see how that simply links into a desperation to win etc.

If he is to improve that has to improve.

I like Morelos but also think the attitude thing is an issue....it is possible to think both things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back