New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Morelos stays I think Gerrard and McAllister can get more out of him with a good partner in a better team he could be superb

Holt is nowhere near the standard required.
Cutting the sentimental stuff, Holt and Halliday should never be seen in a Rangers jersey again.

This is not being offensive to the guys - it's just simply that they are not good enough and we need to go in a different direction, which doesn't include them in the plans.

Halliday in particular has been generally very, very poor and he is just lucky to have had the chance to wear the shirt. Time to move on for both of them.

Cutting the sentimental stuff, Holt and Halliday should never be seen in a Rangers jersey again.

This is not being offensive to the guys - it's just simply that they are not good enough and we need to go in a different direction, which doesn't include them in the plans.

Halliday in particular has been generally very, very poor and he is just lucky to have had the chance to wear the shirt. Time to move on for both of them.

100%, I will be disappointed if Holt & Halliday are still here come the 1st game of our season. They are not good enough and will not take us forward. 2 of Warburtons signings who done really well in the Championship and got us back but are no where near whats required for the next step.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future.

If holt was a bit bigger and stronger he would be good enough, unfortunately he is not and hard work alone just wont do it.

The Morelos temperament thing is largely made up by posters on here.

The guy hates losing and hates not scoring goals. Still tries 100% when it’s not going his way.

Give me 11 Morelos’ in the team any day.

I couldn't disagree more mate. The guys attitude is embarrassing. I'll give you two examples:

Hearts at home near the end of the season. We are breaking away - 3 on 3 - Holt with the ball thru the middle Morelos on the right and Murphy on the left. Holt passes it out left to Murphy. Instead of running on into the box giving Murphy an option he stopped where he was threw his arms in the air and sulked over towards the main stand.

Falkirk at home in the cup. Cummings scored a hat trick. Morelos was raging. Hardly celebrated. I get strikers have to be selfish but you need to have the balance of being selfish and being a team player. He struggles with this.

For the record, I do actually like AM and think he would benefit with a striking partner rather than being left up top himself, however his attitude is rotten.

Just a bit of respect for a player who has always given his all for as. I for one don't think he is good enough to take us forward to where we need to be.

Wasn't meaning to be disrespectful mate. I genuinely love the wee guy and if ability was based on heart and attitude the wee guy would be world class but the time for sentiment needs to be over. We need to start building a squad over the next few windows that is going to win the title in the next 2-3 seasons max.

Just a bit of respect for a player who has always given his all for as. I for one don't think he is good enough to take us forward to where we need to be.
He gave his all, he had the chance to play for us that otherwise would never have happened, we have suffered failure after failure with these players and enough is enough, people feeling sorry for players :eek: this is a football club and if we dont hit back fast we could be suffering for many more years to come.

Holt, Halliday etc etc need to be out the club asap.

Gareth McAuley was a decent premier league player for a long time, a real aerial threat. That being said he is 38 and a lack of pace at centre back has been a real issue with us for some time.

Reactions: cav
Fair point mate.would you say that morelos works better as a loan striker or with a partner.personally think loan strilker but would need better service.
I think he absolutely has the attributes for the loan striker role but his finishing is poor, and if that’s your main striker that’s worrying.

I know people on here say but he’s young, but he’s tired, but McCoist missed a few... but he missed some amount of sitters last season. Off the top off my head 4 v Celtic across 3 matches, 1 v Aberdeen, 1 v Hamilton, 1 v Ayr, 1 v Ross County. There may be others. He also only scored three or four goals in all matches versus top 6 opposition last season.

I like him and want him to succeed but feel we need a better finisher. If he stays he has to be partnered by someone who can finish.

Wasn't meaning to be disrespectful mate. I genuinely love the wee guy and if ability was based on heart and attitude the wee guy would be world class but the time for sentiment needs to be over. We need to start building a squad over the next few windows that is going to win the title in the next 2-3 seasons max.
Agreed. Likes of MOH, Pena, Forrester, Herrera, the list goes on, are deadwood and out the door long before Holt is more the point I was making.

With information flow being strangled, this thread has turned into speculative nonsense and player slagging as opposed to opinions on real targets.......
C'mon......itk......give us a clue

Is there anything at all in the Oliver Burke rumour? I've not read any article or seen anything about it apart from posts here.

Just can't see us able to afford him. Would be an incredible signing.

Windass is an odd one.

It all depends on his attitude from now on towards the support and the club as a whole. It's never helped when fans jump on his back on twitter directly all the time. He's a young lad and has a lot of desirable attributes and just had one of his best seasons so far as a professional footballer. It'll be his choice if he stays or goes, for me.

I think he'll have to come to terms with the fact he'll be playing out wide or at best as an inside forward because neither the 433/343 has a number 10 role.

For me, if hes up for playing in that 3 up top, i'd keep him.

I think his mind will be made up and we'll find out in the next few weeks what he wants to do.

Serious question, is Burke any better than Windass?

You’d imagine he would be, although the RB Leipzig gaffer Ralph Hassenhuttl described him as having an ‘empty hard drive’, presumably pointing to the fact that he’s a bit thick and doesn’t learn.

Reactions: cav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back