New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver Burke would only happen if was a loan deal.

At the same time Candieas was our POTY so a right winger is least of our problems at the moment.

If there is any chance of getting him we should be all over it like a rash.

Brilliant ability but that move to Germany seems to have stalled his career a bit. He needs to be playing week in week out and the next move is crucial for him.

Not that I think Burke has any substance to it but I'll entertain the notion because we have no other news.

Does anyone know how many games he played at WBA last season and how he done?

Also I'd only see us moving on to Burke if Harry Wilson deal was a no go

Only time I have watched Burke recently is in the Toulon tournament .

He has looked no more than okay at that level , scored a fantastic goal ,to be fair, but has been hooked around the 70 minute mark in both games.

No idea how he has been playing for his club and like others have said, if there are any truth in the rumours , it will be as a loan .

Gareth McAuley was a decent premier league player for a long time, a real aerial threat. That being said he is 38 and a lack of pace at centre back has been a real issue with us for some time.
I really like McAuley,but he suits a team that sits back then counter attacks.That won't be us,particularly under Gerrard.

Goldson,if he's as good as some think he might be-plus Onouha beside him-would give us a platform to play a high line to press the opposition.
Put McCrorie in front of them for security and letting the two full backs bomb on isn't as much of an issue anymore imo.

You’d imagine he would be, although the RB Leipzig gaffer Ralph Hassenhuttl described him as having an ‘empty hard drive’, presumably pointing to the fact that he’s a bit thick and doesn’t learn.
The only chance we'd have of getting him is if West Brom are pissed off with him and let him come on loan-and even then you'd think there are other teams that could pay a lot more of his wages than us.

Then again,if he's a bear and digs his heels in...

I really like McAuley,but he suits a team that sits back then counter attacks.That won't be us,particularly under Gerrard.

Goldson,if he's as good as some think he might be-plus Onouha beside him-would give us a platform to play a high line to press the opposition.
Put McCrorie in front of them for security and letting the two full backs bomb on isn't as much of an issue anymore imo.

I thought you were gonna suggest McCrorie at CB

tenor.gif

Reactions: cav
Windass is an odd one.

It all depends on his attitude from now on towards the support and the club as a whole. It's never helped when fans jump on his back on twitter directly all the time. He's a young lad and has a lot of desirable attributes and just had one of his best seasons so far as a professional footballer. It'll be his choice if he stays or goes, for me.

I think he'll have to come to terms with the fact he'll be playing out wide or at best as an inside forward because neither the 433/343 has a number 10 role.

For me, if hes up for playing in that 3 up top, i'd keep him.

I think his mind will be made up and we'll find out in the next few weeks what he wants to do.

Tired of hearing this to be honest, it's simply not true.

He's 24 years old, he's around the same age as players like Harry Kane, Romelu Lukaku, Phillipe Coutinho, Paul Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, Alvoro Morata to name a few....

Would these guys be considered as 'young lads'?

A young lad is someone in their late teens (early 20's is pushing it).

Windass is approaching his mid twenties....the problem is he acts like a teenager, and a spoiled one at that.

He's 24 years old, he's around the same age as players like Harry Kane, Romelu Lukaku, Phillipe Coutinho, Paul Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, Alvoro Morata to name a few....

Windass is approaching his mid twenties....the problem is he acts like a teenager, and a spoiled one at that.
Lets just see how they get on under our new managment team.surei read that all the players will have a clean slate and the chance to prove themselves .

As I said, different times now. Back then the Austrian league was much worse than it is today. And everybody in Austria was surpsrised that we signed Sebo, actually.

I would say that the Austrian league is now much better than the SPFL and at the same time, wages are extremely low compared to other leagues.

The point is some of our biggest duds have come from these leagues. The Austrian league may well have improved in the last ten years but the idea that some guys on the internet have discovered a secret pool of top players - as if the big teams in Europe don't know there are leagues in Eastern/Central Europe or Scandinavia - is just fanciful. We're unlikely to have seen these players as much and as such they are higher risk.

Comparing McAuley to Senderos or Martin is absolutely ludicrous.

He was starting every single week in the Premier League for years until Pardew took over at West Brom, and is still playing at a high level for Northern Ireland.

He could definitely do a job for a season.

Lets just see how they get on under our new managment team.surei read that all the players will have a clean slate and the chance to prove themselves .
Even Peña? I hope so, because if he sorts himself out I think he could be a key player for us, especially if Morelos sticks around.

I understand Holt isn’t at the level we require to win the league, but he’s a better player than McGeouch and also twice the human being.

I understand Holt isn’t at the level we require to win the league, but he’s a better player than McGeouch and also twice the human being.

Agree about the human being bit but I totally disagree that he is a better player than McGeough.

For the record I would hate to see him sign.

Agree about the human being bit but I totally disagree that he is a better player than McGeough.

For the record I would hate to see him sign.

Holt would stand out like a sore thumb in that Hibs side, McGeouch doesn’t.

Just my opinion mate but I don’t see how the rhat would be much of an upgrade.

Even Peña? I hope so, because if he sorts himself out I think he could be a key player for us, especially if Morelos sticks around.
Peña will never be a key player for us. He wasn’t a key player when we had a soft touch as manager, Gerrard certainly isn’t going to tolerate a fat Mexican labouring around the pitch. The odd good run and finish against Partick Thistle or the like isn’t going to cut it this season.

Peña will never be a key player for us. He wasn’t a key player when we had a soft touch as manager, Gerrard certainly isn’t going to tolerate a fat Mexican labouring around the pitch. The odd good run and finish against Partick Thistle or the like isn’t going to cut it this season.

Have you missed that he has checked into a clinic to deal with his alcoholism?

I said, 'if he sorts himself out'.

There is no doubt he has ability, which he clearly wasn't making the most of due to his situation. If he works hard at staying sober and on his fitness, I think we would have a very good player on our hands.

Could we not have a special ITK thread where they post their info but it's locked to anyone commenting? Then we can continue discussing it in here.

Seems to me that they've been told to reign it in going forward, it's just boring without the buzz it creates lol.

In modern football 24 is young yes.

The players you've mentioned have established themselves at a young age, Windass hasn't.

Have you missed that he has checked into a clinic to deal with his alcoholism?

I said, 'if he sorts himself out'.

There is no doubt he has ability, which he clearly wasn't making the most of due to his situation. If he works hard at staying sober and on his fitness, I think we would have a very good player on our hands.

coming back to scotland would end up in a relapse without doubt, he needs to stay home.

%^*&'s sake, people, the thread title is New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic), and, still, we've had this one completely derailed again by people posting about Morelos's abilities, the usual ITK stuff, and a whole heap of other shit that doesn't belong in this thread.

I'm locking this. Someone can start another if so inclined.
Be warned, though, keep it on bloody topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back