New Upgraded Lounges

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB is delighted to announce two exciting upgrades to its hospitality lounges to be completed ahead of the clubs 150th Anniversary season in 2021/22.
The renovations have been re-scheduled from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021 due to the restrictions of COVID-19 and will form a key part of the wider Project 2022 upgrades being developed at Ibrox. Further plans on the Project 2022 strategy will be communicated during the year.
The Blue Sky Lounge sets a new standard for sports hospitality in Scotland and will offer one of the finest panoramic pitch views in European football stretching the length of the Sandy Jardine stand with an increased capacity of premium seats and with theatre style live cooking.
Currently Bar 72, Club 72 will retain its celebratory theme from the famous 1972 European Cup Winners Cup victory in Barcelona, whilst revolutionizing the lounges into modern sports bars, with a contemporary casual dining experience, alongside state-of-the art screens and technology.
James Bisgrove, Director of Commercial & Marketing, commented:
‘’In anticipation of our 150th anniversary, investment in our premium offering is core to our strategy in providing a truly world class hospitality experience at Ibrox. As the world’s most successful football club, we firmly believe in setting the standard within Scottish sport, both on and off the field.
‘’A best-in-class guest experience will be at the centre of both Club 72 and the Blue Sky Lounge. We are proud that these significant upgrades will represent the pinnacle of sports hospitality experiences in Scotland’’
Both new lounges will be available initially to the existing corporate clients of Argyle House Suite and the Bar 72 season ticket holders in the form of Founding Member packages and will thereafter open for general enquiries later in the year.
To register your interest or for more information please write to hospitality@rangers.co.uk

Outstanding. It's about time we started restoring Ibrox into one of the best stadiums in europe. Every little positive step towards this is a big plus and hopefully by 2022 this will just have been one of many.

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB is delighted to announce two exciting upgrades to its hospitality lounges to be completed ahead of the clubs 150th Anniversary season in 2021/22.

3.jpg

All very positive but you’d think they could have used a picture that doesn’t have Waghorn and Puma advertising from 2015/2016

Give them a chance.

The Club Deck still has adverts with Josh Windass on them in the bogs.

We will still have Bruno Alves modelling the puma strip from a few seasons back in the shop window anyway

Not sure about the Bar72 part. Does this mean it's becoming more of a hospitality suite, with the appropriate costs?

All very positive but you’d think they could have used a picture that doesn’t have Waghorn and Puma advertising from 2015/2016

It's hard to see because the photos are so small but it looks like a Photoshop effort to me. The club probably didn't put the images together, more like whoever is carrying out the work done it as a proof of concept. They've no doubt found the first picture of a player and stuck it on if it fits regardless of it being Puma etc.

I could be totally wrong right enough.

Outstanding. It's about time we started restoring Ibrox into one of the best stadiums in europe. Every little positive step towards this is a big plus and hopefully by 2022 this will just have been one of many.
Need that bloody tarmac replaced outside the stadium urgently!
Total disgrace and health hazard especially night games.

The renovations have been re-scheduled from Summer 2020 to Summer 2021 due to the restrictions of COVID-19 and will form a key part of the wider Project 2022 upgrades being developed at Ibrox. Further plans on the Project 2022 strategy will be communicated during the year.
The Blue Sky Lounge sets a new standard for sports hospitality in Scotland and will offer one of the finest panoramic pitch views in European football stretching the length of the Sandy Jardine stand with an increased capacity of premium seats and with theatre style live cooking.
Currently Bar 72, Club 72 will retain its celebratory theme from the famous 1972 European Cup Winners Cup victory in Barcelona, whilst revolutionizing the lounges into modern sports bars, with a contemporary casual dining experience, alongside state-of-the art screens and technology.

‘’A best-in-class guest experience will be at the centre of both Club 72 and the Blue Sky Lounge. We are proud that these significant upgrades will represent the pinnacle of sports hospitality experiences in Scotland’’
Both new lounges will be available initially to the existing corporate clients of Argyle House Suite and the Bar 72 season ticket holders in the form of Founding Member packages and will thereafter open for general enquiries later in the year.
To register your interest or for more information please write to hospitality@rangers.co.uk
What's up with giving our website hits?

Looks like the seating in the Blue Sky Lounge will be outside now ?
Wonder how this will impact on the current restaurant. Hopefully an improvement and more people using it.

Wouldn't mind getting into the new Bar72 area after the refurbishment. Depends on how many are on the waiting list at the moment and how many are released for General Sale

Or it could be we're going to ram in more seats and further depreciate the dress code which has seen people with jeans, cagoules and trainers admitted to the Argyle Suite in recent years. :rolleyes:

Dress Code! It is 2020, not 1920. This is not tradition it is a failure to adapt to the world we live in, akin to Queens Park.

Reactions: SSR
Sounds like standards are slipping....

Or it could be we're going to ram in more seats and further depreciate the dress code which has seen people with jeans, cagoules and trainers admitted to the Argyle Suite in recent years. :rolleyes:

Not too sure about the Bar 72 part, if it’s doing well in its current format why change it entirely rather than just a few upgrades?
Are there not other unused parts of the stadium they could use for hospitality?

First poster in this thread mentioned puma branding. Now its in the daily record online saying we may be moving to puma. Its just the advertisement from the stadium when we wore puma

First poster in this thread mentioned puma branding. Now its in the daily record online saying we may be moving to puma. Its just the advertisement from the stadium when we wore puma
Surely the club wouldn't advertise the branding and have a player from when we wore puma strips about 5 years ago out of their own kindness they could have used any image it looks placed there to gauge the reaction before anything official

Rangers have been talking about refurbishing the lounges and fan areas since the 3 bears took over. The firm i worked for were involved at one point but it went no where. These images will just be from back then.

Surely the club wouldn't advertise the branding and have a player from when we wore puma strips about 5 years ago out of their own kindness they could have used any image it looks placed there to gauge the reaction before anything official

It's an artists impression that was probably done back in the day. Remember the work was supposed to be done this Summer rather than next. I'm sure if, and when, the Club start to promote it (if its not fully subscribed by existing members) we will see more up to date images.

I'm no clothes horse but %^*& me - men in their 50s and 60s dressed like teenagers. The club should have standards.

Disagree, some of the best high end hospitality I've been in all over the world is relaxed. Other than the chairmans club or near the directors box it should be smart casual. They need more Bar72's and less Argyll house. Argyll was great for older and disabled customers because of the lift and indoors but they need to really maximise revenue.

Bar72 will still be massively over subscribed.

Disagree, some of the best high end hospitality I've been in all over the world is relaxed. Other than the chairmans club or near the directors box it should be smart casual. They need more Bar72's and less Argyll house. Argyll was great for older and disabled customers because of the lift and indoors but they need to really maximise revenue.

Bar72 will still be massively over subscribed.

Your missing my point. You can still be smart and casual and not look like you have just done a shoplifting tour of the seconds bin in Sports Direct.

Should we not be giving the site the clicks instead of cutting and pasting on here? I understand with the papers but not with the club site

Your missing my point. You can still be smart and casual and not look like you have just done a shoplifting tour of the seconds bin in Sports Direct.
Is fashion not subjective? I’ve seen the ties you wear and there’s much that they could be compared to, but I bet you think they look quality :))

Is fashion not subjective? I’ve seen the ties you wear and there’s much that they could be compared to, but I bet you think they look quality :))

Let me give you a for instance. I wouldn't think of going to church without a suit and tie. I wouldn't think of going to communion without a black suit and black tie. If I was going somewhere special that said smart but casual then I'd be both but hopeful not looking like Rumpole of the Bailey dragged backwards though a hedge.

It’s good to see us getting back on track - we were once leading in this sector and with time, I am sure will do so again.

I’ve only had a day out in Bar72 which was thoroughly enjoyable.

Due to working away half my life I don’t have a season ticket and only go when I can which this season has been quite a lot.

Always thought about going for a day out with pals to one other events where you get lunch/speaker etc. Is it worth the money?

Back