New Year v filth 1992

One of my workmates was on holiday in Perth, Western Australia when that game was on and he watched it in the bar of a local hotel. When Bomber scored he celebrated the goal. It was noticed and he got chased by three of that mob after the game was finished.

Marshall was apparently a Rangers man.

You can se he done his bit for the establishment by needlessly pulling down who was going nowhere.

As we know tho, it goes higher than they will ever know.

I was so hung over that day I must have spewed about 10 times on route to that match.My dad was raging.I’ve never touched whiskey since.Great day to be honest Bomber hurdling the hoardings was a joy to behold.

Got to laugh. "the ref seen nothing wrong with that"... I see nothing has changed in 25 years... Was at the game and it was magnificent, also the one when Miko and Oleg scored, was that drunk woke up on the 2nd thinking i was going to the game that day... :D

How Bomber never got an international cap is beyond me!

I think Bomber got called up for a couple of squads at the start of the 90's but under Roxburgh he was never going to be a first choice. Bomber was not happy at being put in the squad to make up numbers and felt his time would be better spent concentrating on playing for the Rangers.

Great day that was. I would only have been 9 years old. My dad was at the game with a full plaster cast on his left leg :D

I also missed Bombers goal. My granny always made us leave that cowp a couple of minutes early to avoid the crush. We were on the stairs at the back of our end when it errupted.

‘94 still tops this, but not by much :)

One of the best performances against them at the midden..3-0 up in 15 minutes.. Dream start... I'm sure that was the game their fans turned on their directors by lobbing Mars Bars into their directors box..:D

3-0 in 28 minutes it was, I'll never forget that day. They were going absolutely nuts, throwing stuff at the directors box, singing sack the board and fighting amongst each other. A copper next to me said 'If you score again I'm going home':D

The 4-2 game at the Piggery was as good as it gets, we could easily have been 4 or 5 up at half time, right at the height of the sack the board era, their fans were going nuts and we were toying with them.
We eased up a bit 2nd half but it was a magnificent day, the best i ever had at the Piggery.

Wonder if we'd have been awarded a penalty today for that foul. Would we fk. Good seeing Disco Dale running about. Forgot all about him

If Neil Murray had scored when he was through on goal it would have been a sensational goal, shame he didn’t finish it first time.

We've had better, 94 :D

Sadly not in attendance S_T_B for the 4-2 game. Cannot think why not as I was home and away every week then?????

Remember singing all the songs whilst standing on a barrier after the game was finished. So chuffed for JB that day. One of us............. Still.

Shagged a dirty big redhead I met at the Paisley Taxi Rank the night before then stoated on to the Renfrew Loyal bus next day for the game.
:D:cool:

I was so hung over that day I must have spewed about 10 times on route to that match.My dad was raging.I’ve never touched whiskey since.Great day to be honest Bomber hurdling the hoardings was a joy to behold.
I was the same.On the way home I begged the driver to let me off as I was going to spew.He wouldn't stop and an unfortunate old dear ended up covered in the previous nights booze.
Needless to say I was banned from the bus

Game wasn't on tv so I remember sitting at the table at my Grandparents in South Nitshill listening on my Walkman. I had one earphone and my Unlce had the other. Only 15 years old then but remember it well.

If only we could have Hateley and Bomber of the early 90s in the team now. We'd be a shit load closer to that mob and maybe even past them.

Back