Newcastle game tonight

Friday Night Football serves up some crackers. The Brentford opening match of the season was electric.

Some great content tonight before the game, Carragher and Neville sitting outside the pub having a beer with some fans discussing Newcastle’s problems etc.

You can go all over England and you will always meet Man Utd and Liverpool fans. You can’t say the same of the others.

What does it matter where the fans come from? We have buses that come from all over Scotland, Northern Ireland and some from England, every week.

you are not quite getting the “tourist“ fans are you,

you know the ones that go for a day trip, see them at the side of the pitch with their camera out constantly.

Re Newcastle crowd, there was a recent online deal for one of their home games.
£129 for match ticket, hospitality (probably just a prematch and ft snack and overnight hotel stay. Not bad deal I thought for a crowd of guys.

Watching the game v Leeds just now. The placement of their sponsor makes it look as if every player has a massive No.4 on their chest.

Looks bizarre.
Funny enough I said that myself tonight. As well as the big number 4 they also had a big striker who plays like a big number 2.
Joelinton is absolutely shite. Must be the worst striker ever to play in the top league in England

I always find the hardcore away support as a good indicator of the size of the proper support as a whole.

Best 3 away supports for me are maybe Manchester United, Liverpool and Leeds(maybe?)

Leeds would be nowhere near. They were averaging 22k just 5 years ago. In fact they've never had an average gate of over 40k in their entire history.

Leeds would be nowhere near. They were averaging 22k just 5 years ago. In fact they've never had an average gate of over 40k in their entire history.
Yeah wasn’t sure about third I just see them as having a big away support and being the biggest team from a large area of England.

Newcastle seem to travel in big numbers as well as having a high home attendance.

It was the same in Revie's time. They didn't even sell out their European Cup semi against the tims in 1970.

Even during their Golden era in the 70s the best average gate they got was 39k and Elland Road held over 50k back then. For having such a big catchment area (biggest city in the UK with only 1 club) their support is pretty poor in all honesty, although in their defence Leeds and the surrounding areas are also massive Rugby League areas.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/cities/united-kingdom

If Leeds could defend a little bit more or even at all theyd be a really dangerous team. They always look like scoring but could just as easily lose a goal at anytime which is bizarre given the experience and standing of Bielsa.

Newcastle are always likely to drop into a relegation fight if one or two of the weaker teams, Norwich/Brentford types, can string some results together and put some pressure of those just above the bottom 5. They have some good players but then they always have had, just zero ambition or forward planning from the top of the club and a permanent caretaker type as Manager. Sack Bruce and itll be someone very similar because Ashely doesnt want anyone with the ambition and ideas he lacks. Anyway who on Earth would want to take it? They havent had a quality managerial appointment in 15 years or more which is ridiculous considering how many changes theyve made over that time.

Steve Bruce repeating hes "not everyone's cup of tea" is basically saying 'I know Im not up to the job but here I am so there you go'. Horrendous.

If Leeds could defend a little bit more or even at all theyd be a really dangerous team. They always look like scoring but could just as easily lose a goal at anytime which is bizarre given the experience and standing of Bielsa.

Newcastle are always likely to drop into a relegation fight if one or two of the weaker teams, Norwich/Brentford types, can string some results together and put some pressure of those just above the bottom 5. They have some good players but then they always have had, just zero ambition or forward planning from the top of the club and a permanent caretaker type as Manager. Sack Bruce and itll be someone very similar because Ashely doesnt want anyone with the ambition and ideas he lacks. Anyway who on Earth would want to take it? They havent had a quality managerial appointment in 15 years or more which is ridiculous considering how many changes theyve made over that time.

Steve Bruce repeating hes "not everyone's cup of tea" is basically saying 'I know Im not up to the job but here I am so there you go'. Horrendous.
Bielsa with the constipated walk and squatting on the touchline makes you want to switch off. It almost seems trendy to like him, god knows why.

Back