Newcastle tell fans to stop dressing up as Saudis

White people offended on behalf of ethnic groups.

Most Muslims/Asians in the UK and those from Saudi Arabia are laughing and enjoying it from what I’ve seen on twitter.

It’s like seeing Saudis dressing up in kilts if a Scottish owner took over a club there. We’d all be laughing too.

DeCbAWfWkAA_XJL.jpg

The memories

It was certainly interesting to see people with Brown Ale in one hand and a Saudi flag in the other.

Didn’t see any women dressed up mind…so they’re embracing the culture too lol

Every Saudi or Arab in the comments saying how ridiculous this request is.
I was in a discussion about Cultural
Appropriation in work yesterday.. utter minefield. We had an Asian person being offended on behalf of a Black person, who wasn’t offended by the girl Jesy being accused of blackfishing.

The latter was laughing, saying he was happy she had a nice holiday and got a tan; the former frothing about how she was profiteering from it.

I was in a discussion about Cultural
Appropriation in work yesterday.. utter minefield. We had an Asian person being offended on behalf of a Black person, who wasn’t offended by the girl Jesy being accused of blackfishing.

The latter was laughing, saying he was happy she had a nice holiday and got a tan; the former frothing about how she was profiteering from it.
The blackfishing thing is mental. Were these SJW's only defending Jesy from the initial bullying because they thought she was black or mixed race?

White people offended on behalf of ethnic groups.

Most Muslims/Asians in the UK and those from Saudi Arabia are laughing and enjoying it from what I’ve seen on twitter.

It’s like seeing Saudis dressing up in kilts if a Scottish owner took over a club there. We’d all be laughing too.

The comparison with kilt wearing is quite interesting. All this outrage about cultural appropriation seems to have only become a thing in the UK in the last 5 years or so. 10+ years ago you would see people wearing clothing from different cultures and nobody would bat an eyelid. It seems to be a thing copied from the USA.

Wearing a kilt is a tradition from the Highlands of Scotland, so presumably if anyone who does not have links to the Highland wears a kilt they are also carrying out racist and offensive cultural appropriation?

By that logic if a Lowland Scot wears a kilt they are a racist for appropriating Highlander culture?

There are lots of Scottish nationalists who are not actually Scottish and they wear kilts sometimes, are they are actually being racist and offensive for practicing cultural appropriation?

Exactly, god forbid should someone develop a sense of humour, world is just full of wankers!
Aye I'd love to take these trumpets back to workplaces before the world cracked fcuk you had (in my case) the sparky having a couple of special brews to get him going, the spray boothes like opium dens and the usual shite starting as a teenager getting your baws greased or in my case the grease wasn't to hand so I got the pleasure of swarfega.
They times didn't have all this shite cant do this cant do that.

The comparison with kilt wearing is quite interesting. All this outrage about cultural appropriation seems to have only become a thing in the UK in the last 5 years or so. 10+ years ago you would see people wearing clothing from different cultures and nobody would bat an eyelid. It seems to be a thing copied from the USA.

Wearing a kilt is a tradition from the Highlands of Scotland, so presumably if anyone who does not have links to the Highland wears a kilt they are also carrying out racist and offensive cultural appropriation?

By that logic if a Lowland Scot wears a kilt they are a racist for appropriating Highlander culture?

There are lots of Scottish nationalists who are not actually Scottish and they wear kilts sometimes, are they are actually being racist and offensive for practicing cultural appropriation?

The kilt as it exists today was invented by an Englishman from Lancashire lol. Scottish highlanders wore a ‘plaid’.

That’s a really good and valid comparison - it equally sounds ridiculous but in the context of the way this conversation is generally going with people then it’s a good way to demonstrate how silly the concept is.

Back