Newcastle United put majority of their staff on furlough leave 'to safeguard club's future'

Saying to save the club's future. Aye right, what he means is to save him having to dip into his bulging pockets the slimy scumbag.

right I'm fully prepared for the kitchen sink being launched at me here but I don't see the issue?

I work for an English football club myself and we have been furloughed and it's seen as a positive or the best solution for a crap situation. We are actually receiving 100% of salary but we are (or should be) welcomed back into our job when football returns.

What's different here?

Feel for the Geordies big time however they had their chance to drive him out, I admire every last one of them but their loyalty will be their downfall. Should have made a stand against the fat b@@@@@@ years ago.

Share this news. So many folk didn’t know what a horrible person he was. The more folk know the more will refuse to enter his shops and the greater the pressure on him.

The majority wont boycott his shops.
Look at the current behaviour of society- as long as "I'm alright Jack" the vast vast majority of people do not give a fcuk about anyone else - even the elderly , less privileged etc...
Ashley piles it high and sells it cheap - money talks and morals are out the window.
It's a sad sad reflection of todays world but unfortunately true.

Hard to disagree with any of that. Newcastle players & coaching staff should be backing the every day staff here.

Hope this virus cripples his sports 'empire' and he ends up working on a zero-hour contract for the rest of his days while clad in shitty, bargain-bin sportswear.
Slazenger were making some decent kit back in the day.Early 80,s their gear was worn by football causals.
Since He got his hands on it it is cheap crap.Tbh I won't go in his shops these days.Im all for capitalism but He is a prime example of why it needs regulating

Total reptile of a person. When he asked to keep his stores open as a critical business need, would he have paid staff a bonus or increased their hourly rate to reflect their importance? Never in a million years.

He then realises what a PR disaster that claim was and tries to become the good guy and offer his trucks to distribute supplies. That wouldn't have been for free, that's for sure.

The way he treats everyone in his employ is slave like.

He’s the worst kind of capitalist - a modern day Scrooge type who’d have us all working till we drop for a couple of pence an hour if he could.

That JD sports is just as bad though in fairness. I read about some staff at a warehouse near Manchester complaining about how they’re still working cheek by jowl as if nothing’s amiss.:oops:
Pound to a penny Thatcher would be his hero.
Bet he,d love to bin the minimum wage.
He,LL hate Boris when he gets the minimum wage up to a tenner a hour.

With this and the fact he claimed his tat shop was essential to the public, hopefully the wider phonic is beginning to see how much of a scumbag this cretin is.

Expect a lot of very weatlhy business owner s will go down this route to protect their profits - shameful behaviour but you wouldnt expect anything else from the scumbag

What an absolute snake. He's apparently not even in the country to get away from the bad press he's quite rightly receiving. He bleeds gravy the fat prick.

See to be honest now i don’t feel sorry for newcastle fans they are part of the problem imo they bend over and let that fat lady's front bottom do anything

Normally I disagree with this sort of comment as there really is bugger all that Newcastle fans can do. They could 100% boycott everything to do with the club and Ashley would still own it outright and make millions from TV money.

However in the current situation they might have one chance. If TV money is jeapordised for next year then fan money might be needed. And Ashley’s whole business empire is going tits up just now. Newcastle might be the only thing he owns that still has much intrinsic value. It is possible that he could be persuaded to sell.

Incidentally Spurs just put 550 staff on furlough. Shocking.
Some players are looking very bad off the back of this.

Back