Newcastle want Tav

James Tavernier 'tops Newcastle transfer wish list' as Steve Bruce eyes Rangers captain
Steve Bruce is looking to win supporters over after his shock Magpies appointment and reportedly wants the 27-year-old

James Tavernier is a transfer target for Newcastle United - according to a report.

Steve Bruce is looking to win supporters over after his shock Magpies appointment and wants to make the Rangers skipper his first summer signing.

Tavernier is a key man for Steven Gerrard but is now being chased by the club where he started his career as a trainee, report the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old enjoyed his finest season at Ibrox last term after scoring 17 goals and providing 20 assists in all competitions.

And Bruce and the Newcastle board would need to come up with a sizeable bid for a player who is under contract until 2022.

West Brom were desperate to land Tavernier last summer but Rangers held firm and kept their captain in Glasgow.

Meanwhile, Record Sport exclusively revealed on Saturday that Rangers are bracing themselves for a big money bid from Eintracht Frankfurt for Alfredo Morelos .

The Colombian has been watched by the Bundesliga side and they had a scout in attendance as the striker bagged a hat-trick against St Joseph's on Thursday night.

Gerrard spoke last month about his battle to keep his his two star players at Ibrox this summer.

He said: “There’s been a lot of speculation about Tav and Alfredo and I’m not surprised by it.

“They both had very good seasons.

“But there hasn’t been a single bid for either.

“There hasn’t been an offer for any of my players. Do I have to sell to bring in? I don’t think so.

“I’d be quite happy to go with what we’ve got if we can get another centre back in.

“Am I confident of keeping Tav and Alfredo? It’s not a question I need to answer right now because there are no offers.”

Personally as it stands with Ashley I wouldn't do any business with Newcastle
Why would he want to go there a cluster Fu*k of a club. No chance.

Don't want to see Tav leave or see us deal with the Fat Rhat.. Only way I could see DK dealing is if it includes an end to the SD contract once and for all.

Tav on the other hand may well want to stay and lift #55. Probably just the usual p!sh journalism by the anti Rangers media.

It would be a wrench losing our captain at this moment in time. However...

If Tav was open to going there then a Large fee (up front of course) plus freeing us of all litigation with Sports Direct would be good business by us.

English newspapers (this is originally from the Daily Mail) simply don't understand the relationship between us and Ashley. They don't realise that they wouldn't give us a penny. See: the Gerrard to Newcastle story.

Reactions: TN8
The day I start believing anything the record prints about our club they can lock me up, they are trying stir things up. Fk them.

It would take an army of lawyers about a year to go over the details to make sure we weren't getting shafted in some way.

On the record comment re Morelos, why would any team send a scout to watch a player intended for the Bundesliga, play against a team from Gibraltar?
In a game one step up from a dead rubber.

E5Ui76s.gif

With respect, people are fucking mental if they think that any deal for Tav would somehow include the retail contracts.

From the slimy heart attack in waiting's perspective, he has us by the gonads, and it is clearly personal. He's not going to give that position up over a player.

From our perspective: "Sorry Steven, we've decided to sell Tav so that we can get Ashley off our backs.." I don't think so.

Complete utter guff a story set to unsettle
Our cap .

I am sure it would make a great gif the reaction from King while eating his cofnflakes .

However rangers should do the right thing i am sure they have anyway told tav they wont hold him back from epl but we value at this and your not going unless we get it .

That way his agent knows the score

There is a fair price for a player.

There is an EPL price for a player.

Then there is a Mike Ashley price for a player.

So EPL price plus Ashley price would be along the lines of £25-30 million.

So it's a non starter for me TBH.

EXACTLY. Go Compare 2018/19 season:
Tav - 57 apps, 17 goals, 20 assists, 1 yellow
Rat - 40 apps, 1 goal, 6 assists, 2 yellows

Tav HAS to be worth the same, if not more, and if we deal for anything less should a bid come in, I'll be very unhappy.

The obvious omission being Tav isn’t hampered by same injury concerns that’s holding up wee rat face’s move as well.

EXACTLY. Go Compare 2018/19 season:
Tav - 57 apps, 17 goals, 20 assists, 1 yellow
Rat - 40 apps, 1 goal, 6 assists, 2 yellows

Tav HAS to be worth the same, if not more, and if we deal for anything less should a bid come in, I'll be very unhappy.
Dont let the facts get in the way of their narrative, Tav is the best FB by a long way, never gonna hear that in the MSM

Not really interested in the content of that article other than.

17 goals
20 assists
Right back
Not even nominated for POTY

I didn’t think the fuckers up here could surpass the time they gave Hartson and Ricksen that daft ‘joint’ award but they’ve somehow managed it.

Anyway this is a non-starter. James will captain us to the title, I’m certain of that.,

Got to be worth more than the slimey left back from the Dark Side.....plus RIP up your contracts and any Rangers connections!!

Ok he will get better wages but the way it stands at the minute Newcastle will be in a relegation battle. Why would anyone swap Ibrox for that?

Tav will only go if he tells SG he is wanting away , And that's not the case . To important to SG so no way he will want him moved on .Tav,s here for 60.

Back