Newcastle want Tav

KGR98

James Tavernier 'tops Newcastle transfer wish list' as Steve Bruce eyes Rangers captain
Steve Bruce is looking to win supporters over after his shock Magpies appointment and reportedly wants the 27-year-old

James Tavernier is a transfer target for Newcastle United - according to a report.

Steve Bruce is looking to win supporters over after his shock Magpies appointment and wants to make the Rangers skipper his first summer signing.

Tavernier is a key man for Steven Gerrard but is now being chased by the club where he started his career as a trainee, report the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old enjoyed his finest season at Ibrox last term after scoring 17 goals and providing 20 assists in all competitions.

And Bruce and the Newcastle board would need to come up with a sizeable bid for a player who is under contract until 2022.

West Brom were desperate to land Tavernier last summer but Rangers held firm and kept their captain in Glasgow.

Meanwhile, Record Sport exclusively revealed on Saturday that Rangers are bracing themselves for a big money bid from Eintracht Frankfurt for Alfredo Morelos .

The Colombian has been watched by the Bundesliga side and they had a scout in attendance as the striker bagged a hat-trick against St Joseph's on Thursday night.

Gerrard spoke last month about his battle to keep his his two star players at Ibrox this summer.

He said: “There’s been a lot of speculation about Tav and Alfredo and I’m not surprised by it.

“They both had very good seasons.

“But there hasn’t been a single bid for either.

“There hasn’t been an offer for any of my players. Do I have to sell to bring in? I don’t think so.

“I’d be quite happy to go with what we’ve got if we can get another centre back in.

“Am I confident of keeping Tav and Alfredo? It’s not a question I need to answer right now because there are no offers.”

Personally as it stands with Ashley I wouldn't do any business with Newcastle

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if rather than offer money he offered to rip up the contracts.

Never mind the fact I don't want Tav going anywhere, we should never do business with this abomination of a human being.

From Tav's perspective, the glam of the riches of the EPL may be appealing but surely he knows Newcastle are on a downward spiral whilst we are on an upwards trajectory.

Fight relegation or lift trophies as captain of one of footballs biggest institutions then potentially captain your side in the champions league.

In closing, %^*& off Mike.

If they are willing to pay in excess £25 million they can have him.

Other than that they can fvck off

Would absolutely hate to see Tav go, he is so instrumental in how we play that he is IMHO irreplacable but if we receive anywhere near £20m Tav is off. And to be honest Tav, no matter how much he loves being at Ibrox, would want to go, for that fee the salary he would earn will dwarf what he is currently on.

Start the bidding at 20m cash up front ... not installs.

you would imagine Dave King would simply not deal with that fat parasite.

Would absolutely hate to see Tav go, he is so instrumental in how we play that he is IMHO irreplacable but if we receive anywhere near £20m Tav is off. And to be honest Tav, no matter how much he loves being at Ibrox, would want to go, for that fee the salary he would earn will dwarf what he is currently on.
Also worth noting that if he leaves for a prem side he gets called upto England squad

If that fat leech agrees to jog from London to Ibrox first, then maybe have a wee chat about existing contracts being ripped up.... then £30m + for Tav.
Rather Tav stayed though.

Same case as Morelos,They both know there is a job too be done and they can smell 55 it's looking good this season and they want too be part of it,
We can't stop rumours but we can put huge prices on the heads of players that are required for the season ahead.

It would such a shame just as we get to the point of achieving #55 if we lose the best pieces of the jigsaw that would get us there!

And if anything Tav deserves the day we win 55!

I just hope the club hold out and dont sell any major players until at least next summer.

200.gif

Back