News on Defoe in next couple of days

Would love Defoe to stay and I'm certain he wants to stay, just hope he's willing to take a huge payout and we don't pay over the odds.
He must be on about 80k pw just now

Reactions: TQ3
Fortunate to spend some time with Defoe last year at the training ground and the guy is a class act. I reckon some kind of player/coach role will be announced. Delighted if so.

He is the type of lad that is likeable and I bet he is a gentleman in real life too. His relationship with Bradley Lowery brought tears to my eyes every time I saw them on the news together. I hope the lad stays and I believe he is the reason the Morelos has maturer a bit too.
Also think he would be a great ambassador for the club and agree with giving him a coaching role after he believes he is finished as a player.

1st one in,last one out, brilliant pro!, and a great example for all our young, and not so young players.

That’s great news for us I think he still has a lot to offer and has tonnes of experience to pass on. Hopefully wages aren’t too high.

Happy about this. Seems like a great influence in the squad. And for back up there I’d no better. Chipping in 14 goals!

Even though he might start loosing it on the pitch, I’d bet the off field influence, especially with the youth, is absolutely massive.

Player/ coach role and develp into a youth development coach.

Appears to have the right personality for that role.

Great news hopefully, Defoe is such a big influence for the younger players as well as being a great goal scorer.

Having guys like Defoe and Stevie G around is tremendous on so many levels. A lure to bring in new players who can learn from legends, our global profile, and of course just having their talent, class and experience at our disposal. Happy days.

Hopefully he stays beyond this season aswell, looks after himself and still has the eye for goal that's served him well throughout his career

Sounds like it's nearly done. Gerrard it's careful about what he says and if there was any inkling he's be going that would have been very differently.
If like to see him partnered with somebody as he's pretty easy to nullify as a lone striker.

Great news if hes here for another year with coaching role as well. Great professional with loads of experience to learn from. Can only be good for the young players looking to break into the first team.

Would be immense if we managed to keep Defoe for another season after his contract expired, don’t think people fully appreciate how lucky we are to have a guy of defoes ability as our back up striker. His attitude on and off the field is exemplary as well.

Hope it all comes about as apart from scoring goals he seems like a good influence about the place. What's his current position with Bournemouth?

Hope he stays, model professional and an excellent option to have up front. Always has a goal in him!

A true professional.

Imagine the young lads having idols like Gerrard and Defoe to work with day in day out.

Great news.

He's such an asset to the club.

I got my photo taken with him over the summer and he ended up thanking me. What a guy!

Great news.

It's a nice feeling when your replacement striker has scored almost as many goals as their £30 million man, but from far less appearances.

Yet some people think it's us that have the striker crisis?

Another year? And yes good guy to have around. I would like to have another young striker as back up around learning off Morelos (or whoever is the first pick) and Defoe.

I'm sure when he signed the loan deal he stated that he was here to win trophies, so I think he will sign a new deal and do some coaching.

Delighted if he signs on. He really is a class act on and off the pitch. A perfect example for our young lads to aspire to.

Back