Newspaper Archives - Post 1993 CL

Neil

Is there a one stop shop online for browsing newspaper archives free for most of the Scottish Newspapers and on particular in the days after we were knocked out of the Champions League in 1993?

Ive tried Google but any websites seem to want a monthly subscription before even allowing you to search. I don't mind paying to buy a copy of it if I can find it.

Im looking for a back page I am certain was printed by one of the papers (possibly Evening Times) but need to search to see if my memory serves me well to create a present for my old man for his upcoming birthday.

@Neil What was the headline you remember?
I'm certain it was a main picture of Richard Gough with blood streaming down his face from a head wound with a few photos of other teams members around it (McCoist, McCall etc) on the pitch in the aftermath of the game with a head line along the lines of "The team that would never die".or similar to those words. I'm not sure if it was a back page or part of a centre pull out in the days after being knocked out.

My dad made me a huge photo frame for my room from all the newspaper clippings from that European run with this page as a centre piece of it for my room at the time (I was 10).

I'm certain it was a main picture of Richard Gough with blood streaming down his face from a head wound with a few photos of other teams members around it (McCoist, McCall etc) on the pitch in the aftermath of the game with a head line along the lines of "The team that would never die".or similar to those words. I'm not sure if it was a back page or part of a centre pull out in the days after being knocked out.

My dad made me a huge photo frame for my room from all the newspaper clippings from that European run with this page as a centre piece of it for my room at the time (I was 10).

Good luck with your search. :)

ally-mccoist-and-richard-gough-of-rangers-console-each-other-after-a-picture-id1019125

funnily enough I have been looking through a huge pile of newspaper cuttings from season 1992-93. You are looking for the day after the CSKA game so I will have a look over the next couple of days and come back to you.

Hi, we have located the match report, it will be scanned later and I will post here for you, hopefully tomorrow.

Back