Next C1872 complaint should be to Ofcom

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
The next complaint from Club 1872 about any BBC bias should go directly to Ofcom.
The BBC has shown it is clearly incapable of coming up with sanctions that are acceptable given the appalling bias and twisting of the truth that BBC Scotland staff indulge in when reporting all things Rangers.
A dossier of complaints upheld again BBC Scotland needs to be compiled to submit along with the next new complaint.
I would hope the next one is against Daly.

The next complaint from Club 1872 about any BBC bias should go directly to Ofcom.
The BBC has shown it is clearly incapable of coming up with sanctions that are acceptable given the appalling bias and twisting of the truth that BBC Scotland staff indulge in when reporting all things Rangers.
A dossier of complaints upheld again BBC Scotland needs to be compiled to submit along with the next new complaint.

Don’t You need to go through the BBC complaints process before Ofcom will hear your complaint? That’s usually the procedure with ombudsman types

Don’t You need to go through the BBC complaints process before Ofcom will hear your complaint? That’s usually the procedure with ombudsman types
I believe if you have been dissatisfied with responses to previous complaints then you are at liberty to complain directly to Ofcom on the basis that your previous experience shows that the organization you’re complaining about does not take your complaints seriously.

Ofcom won’t take complaints about a journalists tweets, I don’t think. Nor anything on the BBC website.

Ofcom is just TV, radio and mailing.

The complaint about Daly’s report would be about broadcasting highlighting inaccurate, untrue BBC reporting and bias.
Therefore Ofcom would be likely to consider it would fall within their remit.
Making complaints to external bodies does create an issue within the organisation complained about.
It can also lead to a lot of work for those complained of as they attempt to defend themselves.

How about asking for a Westminster Parliamentary meeting between ministers, the head of BBC Scotland, head of the main BBC and get this bigoted and poisonious cabal exposed and rooted out of BBC Scotland. Expose the mindset within BBC Scotland, expose the hatred, expose the petty agenda and finally sack the morons incapable of reporting and doing their jobs fairly as paid for by taxpayers money.

I believe if you have been dissatisfied with responses to previous complaints then you are at liberty to complain directly to Ofcom on the basis that your previous experience shows that the organization you’re complaining about does not take your complaints seriously.

looking at their website that isn’t a reason that Ofcom would accept a direct complaint as it doesn’t merit exceptional Circumstances such as one that
  • is likely to incite crime;
  • may cause financial or physical harm, or harm to minors;
  • involves under 18s in a programme or series;
  • raises problematic issues of a systemic nature within the broadcasting industry that may affect the BBC; or
  • has resulted in a ‘whistleblower’ complaint that it may not be appropriate for the BBC to resolve first.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd love to see Club1872 get involved with.
I've a huge admiration for the supporters issues that they've dealt with so far and I'm quite sure if they seriously took BBC Scotland on for their very obvious bias against our club they'd have enough nous and clout to create some serious waves.
I'm already a contributor to Club1872 but if they said that they required additional funds to mount a legal challenge against BBC Scotland, I'd happily up my contributions as I'm sure loads of other Bears would.

looking at their website that isn’t a reason that Ofcom would accept a direct complaint as it doesn’t merit exceptional Circumstances such as one that
  • is likely to incite crime;
  • may cause financial or physical harm, or harm to minors;
  • involves under 18s in a programme or series;
  • raises problematic issues of a systemic nature within the broadcasting industry that may affect the BBC; or
  • has resulted in a ‘whistleblower’ complaint that it may not be appropriate for the BBC to resolve first.
The Daly complaint and the BBC Scotland history easily match criteria one, two and four.

The incorrect Daly report could easily incite someone to attack Mr Souness, Mr Smith or others connected with the club on the basis that they have been erroneously accused of covering up child abuse.

The repeated lies from BBC Scotland risk causing financial or physical harm to Mr Souness and/or Mr Smith. Mr Souness is a highly paid and highly respected pundit. To be wrongly accused of covering up child abuse could easily affect his future employment prospects. Also Rangers could be financially damaged if people were to believe these inaccurate reports.

The actions of a cabal at BBC Scotland are clearly creating Issues of a systemic nature within the broadcasting industry that are affecting the BBC

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd love to see Club1872 get involved with.
I've a huge admiration for the supporters issues that they've dealt with so far and I'm quite sure if they seriously took BBC Scotland on for their very obvious bias against our club they'd have enough nous and clout to create some serious waves.
I'm already a contributor to Club1872 but if they said that they required additional funds to mount a legal challenge against BBC Scotland, I'd happily up my contributions as I'm sure loads of other Bears would.
Count me in

Imagine it was another business who were being reported in the way we were. Tesco or British Airways etc. would not have to put up with a constant stream of lies. It needs to stop.

i think this would gather far more exposure nationwide if either walter or graeme were to make a complaint,that way we could then get a light shone into the numerous scurrilous actions of this branch of our national broadcaster,

Back