Next four matches expectations?

Its good that most players were rested against East Fife.
That can only be good .
The benefit after warsaw, is that its 2 hime games and st mirren is round the corner.

The sad thing is that there will be some people on here who will come out with that as a genuine opinion.
The fact is. A win over St Mirren and anything other than defeat against Celtic and its been another incredible start!

The fact I expect so much more is testament to the progress we've made! (Feels good to be able to use that word again without a feeling in the pit of the stomach for the first time in 2 years)

But if we have a blip before September, I'll certainly not panic. We will get better and better!

I wonder how many on here would take 3 draws in the next 3 games and a win over the scum?

It just shows how good we've become under Gerrard that we expect a hell of a lot more!

Don’t care how we do it as long as we progress in Europe and are top of the league after them. And spank the filth

Getting into the Group Stages again would be huge, beating Celtic and putting them under serious pressure for the first time in years would be huge too.

We've got some big players in good form - Goldson, Katic, Jack, Davis, Aribo & Morelos forming an impressive spine from our first pick XI. With these guys we're capable of beating anyone at the moment.

W
W
W
W

If we can win all 4 I its coming home. Massive game for celtic at home to hearts on Sunday. If they drop points there after we have won at St Mirren the Lennon furore will reach fever pitch.
They won’t drop points at home to Hearts. Hearts are shit at the moment.

I'm trying not to get to carried away, fancy us to progress in Europe! We'll beat St.Mirren and the game vs the filth will be difficult. The way we're playing at the moment we look confident of beating anyone

Whenever I consider this sort of thing I'm always aware of the difference between hope and expectation.

Clearly I hope we can win all 4 games, or at worst draw one of the Legia matches.

In terms of expectations though, it's pretty rare for any Rangers squad to go the first 13 competitive matches of a season unbeaten, especially when it's 13 matches in such quick succession. I don't think it's fair to expect to win all four.

One game at a time and all that, I suppose. As an aside, I'd expect the St Mirren game to be a tricky one.

Our next 4 games

Legia Warsaw vs Rangers
St Mirren vs Rangers
Rangers vs Legia Warsaw
Rangers vs Celtic

This is where we see what we are made of. FWIW I reckon it’ll be
Draw
Win
Win
Win

And I’ll be over the moon.

No reason why 4 W’s are out of the question. But, a draw followed by 3 wins I’d be happy with.

A close loss on Thursday isn’t a disaster either - as long as we score.

They won’t drop points at home to Hearts. Hearts are shit at the moment.
Dunfermline aren't exactly top of the tree either though mate. They have a massive problem and they know it.

Papering over the cracks for years as we have been shite. The fans have just had there aww %^*& moment last week and Parkhead will be a hell of a place for them to play over the coming months if they start to drop points. Similar to us at Ibrox under Warburton latterly and Caixinha.

The St Mirren game is the one I'm worried about. Need to be going into the celtc game with maximum points.

Undee that thug Goodwin they will be dirty and nasty and stop us playing our game. We need to grind that out.

4 wins, I reckon we will have too much for Legia and will beat them on the break similar to what we did away to Midtjylland.

St Mirren I'd hope would be a comfortable enough away win.

Legia at home we should be able to see off the tie professionally, similar to Midtjylland again.

Alfredo to get the duck off his back and grab a brace against them in a showing of intent on 1st Sept.

I don’t think we should under estimate St Mirren away.
Due to the big matches around it we need to ensure we don’t take our eye off of the ball in that one.
These games catch us & them out many times.

I don’t think we should under estimate St Mirren away.
Due to the big matches around it we need to ensure we don’t take our eye off of the ball in that one.
These games catch us & them out many times.
They took points off both us and them last season playing a horrid stuffy low block style of football. We need to be wily enough to break them down this time.

They took points off both us and them last season playing a horrid stuffy low block style of football. We need to be wily enough to break them down this time.
Just realised it was only the mhanks they took points off, regardless we know what we'll be up against. They look improved fr last season so we can't be complacent even against the likes of St Mirren.

Dunfermline aren't exactly top of the tree either though mate. They have a massive problem and they know it.

Papering over the cracks for years as we have been shite. The fans have just had there aww %^*& moment last week and Parkhead will be a hell of a place for them to play over the coming months if they start to drop points. Similar to us at Ibrox under Warburton latterly and Caixinha.
I hope Hearts can raise their game enough.

Legia will come out and have a go and I can see another game like away to the Danes - Win.
St Midden have a pumping on the cards - Win.
Legia need to come a rocking Ibrox and make a go of it and we will overrun them similar to the Danes - Win.
The Jakeys are due a pumping and we will dish one out after they have been papped out the EL - Win.

So aye 4 wins.

Europe is 50/50 and could go either way IMO.

2 domestic wins are vital however.

Our next 4 games

Legia Warsaw vs Rangers
St Mirren vs Rangers
Rangers vs Legia Warsaw
Rangers vs Celtic

This is where we see what we are made of. FWIW I reckon it’ll be
Draw
Win
Win
Win

And I’ll be over the moon.
I would be ecstatic if those were the results

I am going to be optimistic and say WWWW but would be very happy with DWWW. Can see us going on a wee run with how we are performing and the confidence at the moment.

4 wins for me, we will beat Legia over there as there not as good as they were and we are alot better than we were last season.

Expectation is to get through against Legia, however that looks, and to take a minimum of 4 points from the other games.

I hope for a lot more, but still not getting carried away just yet.

its four wins for me! 20 goals for and 1-2 against! 1-2 n Warsaw 4 - 0 at home , 10 nill against st boo and 4- 0 against the Rolf harris tribute act

The prospect of going into this first int’l break with 12 pts & 1st place in the league, and in the group stages of the EL, is so realistic for the first time in a long time and I love it.

Lose 2/1 in warsaw

Win at St Mirren 2/0

Win 2/0 at Ibrox v Warsaw

Win 3/2 v yahoo at Ibrox

Shapes our season and could be monumental

Come on !!

These games are massive, and there's a few important things to consider as well.

- We need to go for it in these games as there's an international break after the Old firm. If we could go in to that break still in the Europa league and top of the league it's an incredible improvement on last year already.

- Additionally after that break we have Livi at home, St Johnstone away, Aberdeen home and Hamilton home. Celtic however play Hamilton away, Kilmarnock home, Hibs away and Livi away.
They definitely have a trickier run of games and if we're already ahead then it mounts serious pressure. They're already showing they can't handle pressure so we need to maintain it.

Back