Next league game against Hibs

Pvt. Hudson

One game at a time an all that, yes we have Sparta Prague on Thursday. My mind is on the next league game though, it’s huge. We win that and we’re laughing.

Big improvement needed, it’s going to be tough, very tough. This could hopefully be the win and turnaround in our not so great start even though we’re sitting top. Let’s hope we can get through Thursday injury free and 3 points in the bag.

Mon the Queens 11.

One game at a time an all that, yes we have Brondby on Thursday. My mind is on the next league game though, it’s huge. We win that and we’re laughing.

Big improvement needed, it’s going to be tough, very tough. This could hopefully be the win and turnaround in our not so great start even though we’re sitting top. Let’s hope we can get through Thursday injury free and 3 points in the bag.

Mon the Queens 11.
Brondby???

Over the last few seasons I feel we’ve been better when we’re playing twice a week

Seem to build momentum so I’m quite happy we play Thursday then Hibs on Sunday off the back of that

Yeah I agree

The other thing is that Hibs will come out a bit compared with the likes of Motherwell and St Johnston

Just wish we had Kent fit for these games

Interested to see if Davis, Mcgregor and Borna play both of these games.
Rested in the last two, but these are two huge games

Yeah me too pal. I know Lundstrum had a solid game but I didn’t understand Davis being rested y.day & Shagger.

From my take on things Bassey seems to be pushing Borna & the manager is slightly undecided. I think Borna offers more in the final third so I would play him most games so he can hopefully play his way into form.

It’ll be an interesting week.

Hibs definitely look like the second best team in the country just now. Beat them comfortably next week and we'll kill any belief they have that they can actually challenge.

Yeah me too pal. I know Lundstrum had a solid game but I didn’t understand Davis being rested y.day & Shagger.

From my take on things Bassey seems to be pushing Borna & the manager is slightly undecided. I think Borna offers more in the final third so I would play him most games so he can hopefully play his way into form.

I would think left back could be decided on who Gerrard believes can best counter the pace of Boyle on the counter. He's caused us problems before. Bassey more raw as a defender, but has more pace to get him out of a hole. Borna the better player but not been in great form (possibly due to fitness issues). Tough call.

I would think left back could be decided on who Gerrard believes can best counter the pace of Boyle on the counter. He's caused us problems before. Bassey more raw as a defender, but has more pace to get him out of a hole. Borna the better player but not been in great form (possibly due to fitness issues). Tough call.
Yeah I believe Bassey would be a better 1 v 1 defender than Borna so you could be onto something with Boyle next week.

I just think Bassey has no final ball & is very hesitated in the final 3rd. Borna hasn’t been at it so it’s a difficult choice.

My opinion is play Borna to let him build up momentum again. I also think Bassey would be a very decent CH & he would be my 3rd choice (with Helanders injury) behind Balogun & Goldson so he would get plenty of opportunities to play this season.

Davis to play in Europe, but Lundstram will play in the league, imo.

I reckon McGregor is struggling.

I’d go with Borna. Still not convinced Bassey is good enough defensively against the better teams.

It’s definitely a key point of the season.

Obviously the old firm game was vital but this one has a sense of importance now. Hopefully we meet the challenge head on and go for their throats.

Borna had been injured for months.

Bassey is an honest trier but couldn’t lace bornas boots. No fucking chance

Pffffff - a long way to go in the league and do they have the squad depth even with no Europe ?

Nothing decided next Sunday but a win would give comfort.

I think Lundstram has Defo improved since he came in.

I don’t think Bassey was great in Dundee or Perth but Martin Boyle is the only winger I’ve seen get the better of good Borna in the SPL, maybe we will try something different against him this time

I’d go with Borna. Still not convinced Bassey is good enough defensively against the better teams.
I wasn’t ready for the middle sentence :(

Boyle is probably only winger in Scotland who Borna can’t actually seem to handle (when he’s playing well) but as you say Bassey is raw, and could end up damaging him mentally if he has a tough shift.

We won’t win any of our next two games if we continue to play like we have been.

Being top of the league is great but we mustn’t stick our head in the sand and think everything’s alright.

This is an ideal time to find a bit of form! Hopefully the players/management produce.

Guy was absolutely pivotal for us last season and will always be remembered for helping us to 55 and stopping “ the 10 “ , I hope there’s still a bit more to come from him this season but every player hits that wall at some point I just don’t want to contemplate it yet

2 home league wins and we could be looking at a massive gap between us and them. They are away to Aberdeen and Motherwell, I don't think it's too outrageous for them to drop more points.

One game at a time an all that, yes we have Sparta Prague on Thursday. My mind is on the next league game though, it’s huge. We win that and we’re laughing.

Mon the Queens 11.

Hibs will need to up their game to compete with us.

They were lucky yesterday and fortunate to scrape draws against St Mirren and Hearts in their previous 2 games.
They were outplayed for long periods in those matches.

Despite the hype, they haven't played well recently.
Hearts have actually looked the more impressive of the 2.

Hibs will need to up their game to compete with us.

They were lucky yesterday and fortunate to scrape draws against St Mirren and Hearts in their previous 2 games.
They were outplayed for long periods in those matches.

Despite the hype, they haven't played well recently.
Hearts have actually looked the more impressive of the 2.
Next four league games we have Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren. We are capable of winning all four and if we do it will go a long way towards applying massive pressure to Angelo and a massive confidence boost to the squad

Hibs and Hearts could be the biggest challenge this season

Both will be 15+ points back from us come the end of the season, whether that makes them our nearest challengers really depends on whether Celtic improve or not, I expect they will.

Not really seeing the hype with either of the Edinburgh clubs, will comfortably finish top six but can’t see where a title challenge is coming from as so many seem keen to suggest after a handful of games.

Having Balogun at LCB may play into our hands then

Both will be 15+ points back from us come the end of the season, whether that makes them our nearest challengers really depends on whether Celtic improve or not, I expect they will.

Not really seeing the hype with either of the Edinburgh clubs, will comfortably finish top six but can’t see where a title challenge is coming from as so many seem keen to suggest after a handful of games.
I don’t see a title challenge. I do see a 2nd place challenge from at least one of them

Hope the team up their levels. We’ve not played well but still top of the league

Hibs will give us a game that’s for sure so the players need to get the job done

League is our priority but also good money to be made in EL too so two wins would be ideal

Hibs were lucky yesterday. Got a gift of a penalty from Beaton and the St Johnstone player got 2 yellows for bugger all.

The worrying thing about this season is our form, not how good any other teams are. If we play to even 90% of our capability we'll blow everyone away this season.

Back