Next Manager - Stand out candidate?

Fans choice - next gers manager

• Total voters
Anyone know how to pronounce Michel Preud’homme?

I am guessing to would be something like mishell proodomme. Anyone actually know?

If he hadn’t lost his way after a couple of tough club situations, we wouldn’t have a chance of getting him. He’s a Scot, a childhood Bear and the sort of one-club style manager we could only dream of. Fergie employed Walter and Fergie employed Moyes.

There’s not a lot of that cloth left

The man's cracking up. A couple of bad results in Glasgow would send him doolaly.

He'll never get a biggish job again.

Genuinely never heard of michel preud-homme until now
Not for me,shades of PLG for me.i' d rather McInnes than allardyce and pardew and where does Moyes come from,those three have'by been successful,cxcept in battling survival,also not for me.

Someone with authority is needed to steady the club and get back to basics of winning with a mentality that gives grit, determination and going onto the field knowing we are going to bl**dy-well win. Out of those listed in the voting group I believe Big Sam would be best in the short term. Even Pardew did well at Newcastle and Palace in the short-term. As for the others, they all come short.

If Mcinnes is such a stick on(Andy Devlin) why have we not approached Aberdeen and asked for permission to speak to him?surely we would want this tied up ASAP,If he is the man we want.
We’re probably talking to his agent first. Don’t want to approach Aberdeen only for it not to happen and then the media have a field day.

I might take pelters for this but I want Neil Warnock. I want to get back to winning games, I don’t care if it comes from long throws, kicking people and holding on. His teams never give up a point without a scrap

I might take pelters for this but I want Neil Warnock. I want to get back to winning games, I don’t care if it comes from long throws, kicking people and holding on. His teams never give up a point without a scrap
That's our youth academy fd then,The first thing he did at Cardiff was tell them he wasn't interested in bringing youngsters through he just wanted players who were ready for the first team.

Most likely to be mcinnes, big Sam would probably be the safest option in terms of delivering, preud'homme is the intriguing one looking at his track record

McInnes is the standout, however even with him I could see us in the same position this time next year. Surprised Kevin Muscat hasn't been mentioned yet. Has been succesful (albeit in Australia where the leagues are terrible) but would make for a better coach than a few names on that list.

Preud Homme seems to be follow follows new Cathro

It's astonishing.

I can't help feeling we just go round and round in the same ever decreasing circle. Lose a manager because he's not winning enough games, or playing Barca football. Find a non Scottish person poster boy favourite who has a CV that looks good in some non British league set up. Slaver all over how good he'll be. Appoint him. 3 months later, call him pish and demand he's sacked. Suffer on for another 3 months hurling abuse at him, Sack him and then all start saying, I said it should have been (insert name of British manager) all along.

Truthfully, I don't know a damn thing about Preud'homme, so I am simply not competent to comment on how he would cope with the unique demands of British football or a club like Rangers. Therefore, from that list, I would have to say that Big Sam has the qualities I would definitely like to see in a manager in our league. Managed in top flight Britain. Track record of improving underperforming teams.

However, we'll all just have to wait and see. I can't help feeling that another unknown to the fans foreign coach is another giant leap of faith. I would, on the other hand, feel much more confident if that foreign coach was a world renowned top coach, but I genuinely had never even heard of Preud'homme before today. That's the truth.

If he hadn’t lost his way after a couple of tough club situations, we wouldn’t have a chance of getting him. He’s a Scot, a childhood Bear and the sort of one-club style manager we could only dream of. Fergie employed Walter and Fergie employed Moyes.

There’s not a lot of that cloth left
Agree mate.He's got that washed oot,beaten look about him.Not for me.

My choice every day of the week would be Sean Dyche.

If we’re prepared to pay compo to The Sheep For McInnes why not look at this guy ?

Sure he might prefer to wait around for an EPL job but he’s worked miracles with Burnley and must know he’s taken them as far as he can.

No harm in asking the question and I don’t think he’s on a huge salary.

That's our youth academy fd then,The first thing he did at Cardiff was tell them he wasn't interested in bringing youngsters through he just wanted players who were ready for the first team.

That is very strange because he has a house up in Scotland, so used to visit our youth academy often and was always raving about our youth set-up he mentioned it on radio many times.

Have you seen the list of names offered, there's a fair few arseholes amongst them. ;)

According to FF they all are in some way.

"Likes a drink"
"Played for them"
"Insults women"
"From the wrong side of the wall"
"Spiv"

Just some of the insults. Pretty sure you can match them up easily.

Really?!? You’re comparing a man with a 16 year career managing 5 clubs to a win ratio of 57%, with Ian Cathro?!?!
I think the point is that he’s making is the fact that 95% of the posters know nothing about him but are willing to get whipped into the frenzy caused by a few. I could be wrong but that’s my take on it

Agree mate.He's got that washed oot,beaten look about him.Not for me.

Then you don't by the sounds? The cloth comment was meant to say there's not many people cut from that Fergie, Walter cloth. Moyes kind of is (or was, tbf he's had a poor couple of years)

I've stated I'd like Michael Laudrup with Brian as assistant but unfortunately I think to appoint them would prove to expensive. If we're struggling for finances and need to give the fans and dressing room a lift I'd consider going for Steven Gerrard as I think he'd give the dressing room a massive lift and doubt he'd be to expensive.

Then you don't by the sounds? The cloth comment was meant to say there's not many people cut from that Fergie, Walter cloth. Moyes kind of is (or was, tbf he's had a poor couple of years)
I meant his last few jobs have taken their toll,mate and he just looks like a broken man.He is cut from the same cloth as Walter and Ferguson to an extent but lacks their strength of character.

Needs to be somebody who knows Scottish football inside out and the two stand out candidates both British are McInnes and Wright. My choice would be McInnes who has taken Aberdeen as far as he could.

That is very strange because he has a house up in Scotland, so used to visit our youth academy often and was always raving about our youth set-up he mentioned it on radio many times.
Strange maybe but a fact,I know a youngsters who was there when they were told if they could find a club they would be free to go.

A loser you say . Interesting viewpoint.

I don't know who you want mate we are all different in how we view things.

Moyes has hit a rough patch and stalled but having won LMA manager of the year three times in the premiership , been thought highly enough of to be given the Manchester United hot seat recently , and managed over 500 premiership matches , he is available and from good bluenose stock ( despite playing 22 games for yahoo) , and is a good age and experience for what we require .

I feel , personally , he has already achieved things that the likes of Derek mcinnes can only dream of in the game.

All about opinions.
I'm not voting for McInnes as such but he was won more trophies than Moyes.

Yes, Moyes has managed in the EPL but really he has achieved very little considering the size of the club he spent 11 years at.

So far (not voted yet)

1. Michel Preud'homme
2. Sam Allardyce
3. Derek McInnes

David Moyes with 10 votes against Michel Preud'homme with over 90.

It was split on here before with the two sack and keep Pedro camps. It's even more fragmented now!

22780607_1660029624049731_8936836419828240661_n.jpg

I'm not voting for McInnes as such but he was won more trophies than Moyes.

Yes, Moyes has managed in the EPL but really he has achieved very little considering the size of the club he spent 11 years at.

Moyes won LMA manager of the year three times in the premiership .

He was only the fourth manager to win 150 premiership matches, behind Sir Alex, wenger and redknapp .

He then takes up the hardest job probably in world football to try and replace sir Alex at Manchester United . It didn't work out but Louis Van Gaal made them even worse after him.

His career has stumbled but given our limited options I really think he would be a great choice for us .

Mcinnes can only dream of what Moyes has done, and yet I'm to listen to you saying a league cup win in Scotland makes mcinnes a better candidate ? Not a chance I'm afraid .

I've stated I'd like Michael Laudrup with Brian as assistant but unfortunately I think to appoint them would prove to expensive. If we're struggling for finances and need to give the fans and dressing room a lift I'd consider going for Steven Gerrard as I think he'd give the dressing room a massive lift and doubt he'd be to expensive.
Gerrard who has absolutely no managerial experience and knows nothing about Scottish football ??

My choice every day of the week would be Sean Dyche.

If we’re prepared to pay compo to The Sheep For McInnes why not look at this guy ?

Sure he might prefer to wait around for an EPL job but he’s worked miracles with Burnley and must know he’s taken them as far as he can.

No harm in asking the question and I don’t think he’s on a huge salary.

If he was a realistic option I'd say the same but I can't see him being interested. A likely Everton manager by the look of it no?

Michael Laudrup for me.

More successful with Swansea than Rodgers. Worked wonders with Getafe.

Respected throughout the game and lots of experience.

The board owe it to us to aim as high as possible.

Moyes won LMA manager of the year three times in the premiership .

He was only the fourth manager to win 150 premiership matches, behind Sir Alex, wenger and redknapp .

He then takes up the hardest job probably in world football to try and replace sir Alex at Manchester United . It didn't work out but Louis Van Gaal made them even worse after him.

His career has stumbled but given our limited options I really think he would be a great choice for us .

Mcinnes can only dream of what Moyes has done, and yet I'm to listen to you saying a league cup win in Scotland makes mcinnes a better candidate ? Not a chance I'm afraid .
No, I said he'd won one more trophy than Moyes. At what point did I say he was a better candidate?

I personally don't rate Moyes. You do, that's fine. My point is he made the same number of finals in an 11 year period as Millwall, Birmingham, Swansea, Bradford and others.

None of that lot, particularly McInnes he has been quoted saying no matter who he played against EastEnders he could not beat them.

Back