next penalty - who takes?

It only makes sense to give it to a player who is pretty much guaranteed to play,
of which there are a few who would fit this,
so Tav makes sense but if he was to play more consistently I would change it next season to Hagi

Tav takes them until he scores again we done all this rotating pish last season a distraction we don't need

I’ve not been tavs biggest fan in the past but I’ve ate humble pie and our captain is our penalty taker and he still is IMO, you seen how disappointed he was coming off

Borna, despite his superb free kicks, has never really been a penalty taker. He’s taken 6 senior penalties - and missed 2 of them.

Tav.
He's only had one miss the target this season. As Hateley said, today he was being safe getting it on target, so it was an easy one for the keeper, who guessed right. Last season he kept hitting the post or going wide.

I would imagine Tav will take the next one and keep the job if he scores.

If he misses three in a row you would have to change it.

Tav should 100% take them unless he really doesn't want to, in which case he should be off them forever. When he came off them before it was a mistake. If that was the case then I'd say Hagi, Davis or Borna.

Tavernier will decide who it is. If he is confident and 100% wants it, we trust him to score.

Albertz must have had a fairly mediocre penalty record, yet kept taking them.

As long as Tav is mentally strong enough to keep going, then he will keep going IMO.
Perfect reply.
I was going to point to McCoist, Hateley, Cooper, Durant and Albertz as well and ask their record.
Another poster brought the quality down a level by referring to Messi and Ronaldo.
Tavernier gets to take them for a while yet.

His run-up was too straight. I would stick with him although did Hagi not score 2 pens in one game - one right footed and one with the other?

Changing last season cost us the league cup final.

He is the best penalty taker at the club.

2 in a row he has missed now..Today's was one where he didnt look or strike it confidentally at all.... I was expecting him to go thst side too given his last one.

Will he take the next one? or would it be best to let someone else step up?

If not Tav, I assume either Borna or Hagi would be next.
Tav

I wondered last week he been trying to copy that Man Utd player in training. The one with the wee daft jump and now he's struggling to shake it off.

Today's was a particularly poor penalty but Tav has had enough success from the spot to merit sticking with him.

If its crucial, id stick with Tav. If it comes with the game basically won, id like Alfie. I always prefer a striker taking them, but i appreciate on the whole, Tavs been our best taker.

Tav.

He's the penalty taker.
He's the captain.
I'm assuming he has the best goals scored to penalties taken at the club.

It happens. It's like a kicker in the NFL that has made 30 field goals in a row and then inexplicably misses two in one game then Goes back to kicking FG after FG. You don't chop and change after every small set back in a tiny sample size.

Back