Next round europa travel routes

We’re going to be doing the minibus from Greenock to Luxembourg again. Straight down to Dover the night before, head from Calais to Luxembourg and have the overnight there before doing the return again.

My route will be 17 minutes (12.4 km) and will take me via the CR234 and N2.

What's details on this mate? Longs the journey?

@Yorkhill_True_Blues

When we done it last time we left Greenock at 6pm the night before the game, got the Euro Tunnel at Folkestone at 6am, we were in Luxembourg at the hotel for lunch time.

Had the day and overnight in Luxembourg, drove to Calais and missed the Euro Tunnel, had to wait for the later one. Got blootered in France and nearly got kept in the country but managed it home to Greenock about 3am the Saturday.

Was an adventure mate no doubt about it!

When we done it last time we left Greenock at 6pm the night before the game, got the Euro Tunnel at Folkestone at 6am, we were in Luxembourg at the hotel for lunch time.

Had the day and overnight in Luxembourg, drove to Calais and missed the Euro Tunnel, had to wait for the later one. Got blootered in France and nearly got kept in the country but managed it home to Greenock about 3am the Saturday.

Was an adventure mate no doubt about it!
Could be tempted but I done Stuttgart 10 years ago and I am still scarred. The bus back was an experience. Thinking just heading to Dusseldorf. @Yorkhill_True_Blues if he does the bus I will also.

Cheers mate, I better hold off on booking. Nothings ever straight forward with Uefa

I know mate I have the hotel booked for the 3 dates as it can be cancelled but can’t do anything with the flights. Tempted haha.

The sooner we rise up the rankings club and country the better. These early rounds are a joke and uefa obviously don’t give a %^*& about them. Group stage and knockout after that is easier to book for as the dates are set in stone and no messing about.

Sooner we get the coefficient up the better.
Tired of this carry on with diddy clubs when three of them share a ground.

Am I right in saying Thomas Cook did official flight to Luxembourg last time ?

@Greg Marshall are you able to get confirmation of Yes / No / Likely / Not Likely

Lots of bears love going trains planes automobiles.

Lots of bears prefer rolling up to Glasgow Airport and away for the day.

@Greg Marshall are you able to get confirmation of Yes / No / Likely / Not Likely

I think there was a day trip last time mate. £395 rings a bell

Was £440 I’m sure.

Iv got a family day trip to Belfast on the 31st, where would be a decent route to take. seen folk say dusseldorf? Coming in at £80 one way. Could ve tempted to just patch the family journey home and catch a cheaper flight from belfast than glasgow lol

Flights are £45 going down. It’s coming back that’s a problem, flying Edinburgh is an option. The sleeper is about £75 but it might be cutting it fine to get from Stansted to Euston.
Our flight gets into stansted late at night, we’re thinking of booking a hotel outside the airport and sorting travel back up the road for the Saturday.

I've booked the same hotel to cover the potential Tuesday or Thursday date in Luxembourg, will cancel one of them when the date is confirmed.

Currently looking at flying into Charleroi then getting a bus or train down to Lux, whatever is easiest and/or cheapest!

Tickets won't be an issue for this one, as long as they play it at the National stadium like last time.

Just booked two nights in Luxembourg City, with the cancellation option. Going to wait before booking travel.

Too many if/buts/maybes from what I see. Got a feeling our game will change as Progres are the lowest ranked of the potentially 3 Luxembourg teams who could be in town on the date allotted.

Too many if/buts/maybes from what I see. Got a feeling our game will change as Progres are the lowest ranked of the potentially 3 Luxembourg teams who could be in town on the date allotted.

They are, but all the results are in our favour so far, the CL team might not play there either. Fingers crossed

Looks like a drive up to Venice for me and a flight from there. Currently sitting at £150 return. Could drive it all the way in 12/13 hours, but think a leisurely 450km drive (around 5 hours) and a flight is the less tiring option this trip. Add in road tolls of €40, €50 for petrol and €40 parking does put the cost up a bit.

Day trip would be ideal, hopefully Thomas cook or sports options have one running

Eurostar from London to Any Belgian Station including Arlon: From £50 one-way or £69 return 2nd class. (2 Hours)

Arlon (the last station in Belgium) to Luxembourg: €10.80 one way, €21.60 return in 2nd class. or €16.40 one way, €32.80 return in 1st class. (3 Hours)

This is a fixed-price flexible fare, good for any train.

Think I'd quite like to go by train.

That's the route I took out and back last time. Worked well.

Looks like a drive up to Venice for me and a flight from there. Currently sitting at £150 return. Could drive it all the way in 12/13 hours, but think a leisurely 450km drive (around 5 hours) and a flight is the less tiring option this trip. Add in road tolls of €40, €50 for petrol and €40 parking does put the cost up a bit.

Drive 13 hours and RTV needs to come with you!

Might find it very popular if no official or sport options trip. Never gone indy before but like look of the train.

It's definitely handy for Bears based down south, however the cost of getting to London from Scotland on those dates is expensive. Unless you go for the Megabus option (f*ck that!)

We’re going to be doing the minibus from Greenock to Luxembourg again. Straight down to Dover the night before, head from Calais to Luxembourg and have the overnight there before doing the return again.

Would you take non members mate? I live not far from Greenock and would be interested.

Flights booked last week. Manchester to Charloi in Brussels. 2 hour coach trip from airport to Luxembourg. Same on return.

Am on the 07.00 home on Friday mate from Charleroi to Manchester haven’t booked my flight out yet what day are u flying and how are u getting to Manchester train is £50 return which is no bad

Flights booked last week. Manchester to Charloi in Brussels. 2 hour coach trip from airport to Luxembourg. Same on return.

How are you getting back to Charleroi after the game mate? We did the same route last time and had to stay in Luxembourg after the match as the train wasn’t an option at that time of night.

Am on the 07.00 home on Friday mate from Charleroi to Manchester haven’t booked my flight out yet what day are u flying and how are u getting to Manchester train is £50 return which is no bad

Priced this up also. I happen to be on a day trip to Belfast on the 31st so when family heads bk to scotland i could catch a flight to manchester for £30. Need to find a place to put my head and then the 07:50 flight to brussels for £75 gets u there 10:15 then the bus to lux. As you say though the flight back to manc on the friday is 7am which is an obstacle haha!

I have never been abroad, joined travel club last year but couldn’t afford most of the trips!! Trying again this year lol

Back