Next seasons fixtures

juanger

Managed to get myself a season ticket for next season (bought for one season) and intending on booking flights when fixtures released.
Previous to this always picked a few games, but now I'm going to do a bit of planning and benefit from cheaper flights as I'll obviously be over more often.
Appreciate WC is towards end of year and as far as I can see season is being extended.
I've not known home fixtures to change much unless we drop into Europa, in which case Sunday home games will happen on that week, but should find that out very early on due to dates of qualifying rounds.
Assume with the domestic Cup dates there are "free weeks" left in the schedule which I'd also imagine would be the case for any International breaks?
I'm making an assumption that vast vast majority of home fixtures released next month will not be changed but am I missing anything here? Also assuming first OF game will be 2nd Jan at Ibrox regardless of WC?

Home fixtures only move to Sunday for Europa usually. Celtic games as well for TV. Great Scottish run weekend we are always the Saturday to avoid the clash on the roads so that’s one to be sure won’t move

Managed to get myself a season ticket for next season (bought for one season) and intending on booking flights when fixtures released.
Previous to this always picked a few games, but now I'm going to do a bit of planning and benefit from cheaper flights as I'll obviously be over more often.
Appreciate WC is towards end of year and as far as I can see season is being extended.
I've not known home fixtures to change much unless we drop into Europa, in which case Sunday home games will happen on that week, but should find that out very early on due to dates of qualifying rounds.
Assume with the domestic Cup dates there are "free weeks" left in the schedule which I'd also imagine would be the case for any International breaks?
I'm making an assumption that vast vast majority of home fixtures released next month will not be changed but am I missing anything here? Also assuming first OF game will be 2nd Jan at Ibrox regardless of WC?
How did you get a new ST before the renewal deadline?

I wouldn’t rush in and book flights once the fixtures are announced as games can be moved depending on what European tournament we are in etc.

How did you get a ST anyway as I didn’t think they’d be on general sale until after the renewal deadline?

What makes you think we will play them on 2nd Jan?

There is no fixture scheduled for 2nd Jan. There is a fixture round scheduled on 31st Dec and then a midweek night fixture on 3rd/4th Jan.

It was handy last season because of the likes of easyJet not charging a change fee for flights.
You were looking at nothing to a very small amount to change a flight.

Only way to plan early is give yourself the full weekend there.

I am in a similar position to yourself and tbh it’s always a lottery

Some games you can assume will be a Saturday but there’s always a chance it will get moved ( think a hearts game at home last season got moved for tv )

If a home game isn't after a European week then there it's almost certain to stay the Saturday. Old Firm games excluded obviously

If a home game isn't after a European week then there it's almost certain to stay the Saturday. Old Firm games excluded obviously

Exactly this, any midweek game isn’t moved either. If we had got straight in to the CL you could have booked most of the home games for the season, but potentially putting us in the Europa means a lot of fixtures could move.

Seen on another thread that our 1st two games will defo be Saturdays, although we will be away first. After that it’s a guess.

Hearts this season at home was moved to 4pm KO on a Sunday when I thought it would be a cert to be a 3pm Saturday

that's what i'm working off, and thought it was a safe enough bet booking when scheduled.
I've the dates of the CL/EL so I'll initially look to avoid the Saturday/Sunday after, although i'm banking on all others ex Celtic* being unaltered.
I'm also banking on us qualifying for CL!

You bank on our fxtures not changing at your own risk. Get that it can make a big difference finacially but tread carefully. If you can get flights with a cancellation / reaarange option then crack on.

Where u a season ticket holder last season or did you just apply and get it? I would like to find out as trying to get 1 but no success as yet.

I’m a ST holder and live in London so I know the ballache around planning. My advice is don’t plan too far ahead, only as far as the tv fixtures that have been confirmed. Then book up for every one of them. You generally get 4-6 games worth of trips booked and it also allows you to spend all your money in the one hit. The hearts game at home f#*ked me this year cause I didn’t expect that to change times.

You probably wont get a chance to use it for a league match, till the 3rd week of the season, as the "Random" computer will have us at Pittodrie, and Easter Rd, first two games.
Given the fact that Celtic will definitely get the first game at home and the pattern regularly being 2 games out and 2 games at home, there is a pretty high chance of that without any conspiracy. We could of course draw 2 top 6 teams from Hearts Ross County or Motherwell, Dundee Utd. There is of course the two fantastic Plastic pitches at Livingston and Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd beat us last season on the first game, so maybe Hibs and Aberdeen are the easiest games.

I’m a ST holder and live in London so I know the ballache around planning. My advice is don’t plan too far ahead, only as far as the tv fixtures that have been confirmed. Then book up for every one of them. You generally get 4-6 games worth of trips booked and it also allows you to spend all your money in the one hit. The hearts game at home f#*ked me this year cause I didn’t expect that to change times.
Good advice. Hearts game screwed me too. Sunday games aren't too bad as there's a late BA flight back to LHR which isn't the case on Saturdays.

Although I fully expect all home games except v them will be on a Saturday at least until we drop to UEL.

Given the fact that Celtic will definitely get the first game at home and the pattern regularly being 2 games out and 2 games at home, there is a pretty high chance of that without any conspiracy. We could of course draw 2 top 6 teams from Hearts Ross County or Motherwell, Dundee Utd. There is of course the two fantastic Plastic pitches at Livingston and Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd beat us last season on the first game, so maybe Hibs and Aberdeen are the easiest games.

We're at home to Ross County and Dundee United in the first round of games.

Hardly any of this is correct, apart from the fact that Celtic will be at home first game and we will be away.

Our first fixture will be away. It will be against one of the following

Aberdeen
Hibs
Motherwell
Livingston
Hearts
(Could theoretically be Celtic but this is extremely unlikely on the opening day of the season).

Our second fixture will be at home. It will be against one of the following

Kilmarnock
St Johnstone
Dundee Utd
Ross County
St Mirren

Took a risk yesterday and booked flights for the 2nd round of fixtures on the assumption we will be at home on Saturday at 3pm

Also based in Essex so needs a lot of planning

The Sky pattern is to show the majority of our away games whether Saturday lunchtime or Sunday if moved for Europa.

Sky will want to show their first home match with all the bhaloney that goes with it. They could play the Sunday in which case we could be the Saturday lunchtime if we are playing the following Tuesday?

For 2022/23 the fixtures flip from 2021/22 - we are paired with Celtic therefore they will have teams from same group but opposite to what we have

R1-11 & R23-33

Home - Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren
Away - Aberdeen Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell

R12-22

Home - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell
Away - Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone St Mirren

R1-4 will have to Saturday due our Cl qualifiers

R1 away - Saturday 30th July

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Livingston - Celtic also in that group but unlikely opponent
Motherwell we can't play as they have to play the Sunday due to be involved in Europe the previous Thursday

R2 Home - Saturday 6th August

Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone St Mirren
Dundee United we can't play as they have to play the Sunday due to be involved in Europe the previous Thursday

Unlikely as they'll be playing Sunday, and we could have a CL qualifier on the Tuesday.
Fair enough.

Never checked dates but would have just assumed they would be out of Europe before the league even got underway

R1 Sat 30th July Away
CL QR3 1st Leg Tues/Wed 2nd/3rd August
R2 Sat 6th August Home
CL QR3 2nd leg Tues 9th August
R3 Sat 13th August
CLPO 1st Leg Tues/Wed 16th/17th August
R4 Sat 20th August
CLPO 2nd Leg Tues/Wed 23rd/24th August
R5 w/e 27th August
LC 2nd round m/w 31st August

R6 w/e 3rd September
CL/EL GSMD1 m/w 6th September
R7 w/e 10th September
CL/EL GSMD2 m/w 13th September
R8 w/e 17th September
International Period - 19th to 27th September

R9 w/e 1st October
CL/EL GSMD3 m/w 5th October
R10 w/e 8th October
CL/EL GSMD4 m/w 12th October
R11 w/e 15th October
LC Quarter-finals m/w 18th October
R12 w/e 22nd October
CL/EL GSMD5 m/w 25th October
R13 w/e 29th October

CL/EL GSMD6 m/w 2nd November
R14 w/e 5th November
R15 m/w 9th November
R16 w/e 12th November

R17 w/e 17th December
R18 w/e 24th December
R19 m/w 27th December
R20 w/e 31st December
R21 m/w 3rd January
R22 w/e 7th January
R23 w/e 14th Janaury - LC Semi-finals
SC w/e 21st January?

As posted it will depends on what we do in qualifiers for the CL as basically they will only move for EL games

6th August will be a Saturday which is out 1st home game

13th or 20th August will as well no matter if home or away

Anyone think they might move away from the new year derby game next season? Get 2 OF games in before the WC so both teams have a home game with VAR.

Anyone think they might move away from the new year derby game next season? Get 2 OF games in before the WC so both teams have a home game with VAR.
While I can't see it would save the hassle of unfair advantage for that game if they did do it

R14-16 would ideal

Where is it you are flying from?

Back