Next three league games

two2tango

Official Ticketer
No kent aribo Alfie v Livingston

No Alfie or aribo v Ross county or the scum

We need the squad players to step up

Sakala for me needs to start through the middle so who starts wide and at number ten?

When is roofe fit?

Roofe will likely be away with Jamaica if he's fit.
I don’t think they will call him up after his lengthy injury period. Their squad assembles on Monday so I expect their squad to be announced tomorrow. Antonio, from West Ham, will lead the line for them.

We may not be without Aribo for all those games (though that is perhaps a long shot).

Last 16 game 23rd January
Last 8 game 29 January

We may not be without Aribo for all those games (though that is perhaps a long shot).

Last 8 game 29 January
i cant say my knowledge of AFCON is particularly good, but from what i have heard on podcasts and read, they're expected to go quite far in the tournament and have been one of the best teams of the tournament so far

i cant say my knowledge of AFCON is particularly good, but from what i have heard on podcasts and read, they're expected to go quite far in the tournament and have been one of the best teams of the tournament so far

As I say it is a long shot but by no means impossible.

roofe is fit and going to feature tomorrow. id be looking to play his and sakala from now on to get a few games under their belt, and be ready for the tims
The sheep game showed we worry about the next game in hand,%^*& the rattlers,that game will look after itself.

Sakala for me needs to start through the middle so who starts wide and at number ten?

When is roofe fit?
When is Roofe ever fit?

I would request a postponement. The vermin didn't want to face us without a strong side. We shouldn't be going to the Paedodome, missing a number of key players. Request it, postpone it, and play them at full strength.
We request it we get it knocked back.
Gio said we’re playing anyway so we won’t.

The management team need to sort out that midfield. If that means tweaking the system then so be it.

We have to play to our strengths while we have so many out, and if that means going back to two 10s with the holding midfielders covering, so that Tav and Borna can be released then so be it.

We can go back to the managers preferred system when we get the players back to play it.

Greegs
Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Borna
Lundstram Sands Kamara
Sakala, Kent
Roofe or Itten.

Not ideal by any means but should be enough until we get a few players back. hopefully before Feb.

Last edited:

Nigeria have a tougher than expected R16 game on Sunday because Tunisia dropped to 3rd in their group. Tunisia were at 30 in the FIFA rankings when the tournament kicked off, Nigeria at 36.

Would still expect them to win, though and if they do it would be a big surprise if they didn't get past Burkina Faso or Gabon to reach the semi final on the 2nd of Feb.

Nigeria have a tougher than expected R16 game on Sunday because Tunisia dropped to 3rd in their group. Tunisia were at 30 in the FIFA rankings when the tournament kicked off, Nigeria at 36.

Would still expect them to win, though and if they do it would be a big surprise if they didn't get past Burkina Faso or Gabon to reach the semi final on the 2nd of Feb.

If Nigeria win on Sunday, we probably won't see Aribo back on the field until the Dortmund game. There's a 3rd place match, so all 4 semi finalists will have a game on Feb 6th, win or lose. That's the day we play Hearts, and the Hibs game is only 3 days later.

When is roofe fit?
Id say Fashion Jr has to play through the middle vs Celt!c therefore to get him sharp and used to the role (hes been unfairly starved of chances IMO) he must play these games.

Roofe is a better player but totally unreliable.

Itten will surely have a role to play in these games as well and given his lack of game time he needs to be playing to get the match levels. Normally Id suggest Itten through the middle and Fashion our wide but on the assumption Fashion plays vs Celtic it seems daft to have him wide then centre because chopping and changing is the last thing we need with such fixture jams.

Had Itten been with us and played a bit more Id be happy to play him through the middle and Fashion wide for all those games but the rustiness would be a real concern and we've not seen enough of Itten to really know if hes the sort who can just drop in and get by with his natual fitness and sharpness levels.

Fashion certianly you feel needs to play a lot more in a settled role.

Anyone mentioning Scott Wright as a solution gets blocked and reported.

2 wins (Livingston and Ross County) and a draw at least (Celtic).

That’s what we’ve got to do. Dropped points before Celtic puts the pressure on heading into that match and could potentially (if it comes to that) see them over take us.

Its likely they will have Senagal in the quarters. That could go either way. 28th i think the game would be..
Im kinda torn. Be great for Aribo to be a winner of that tournament. Plus kudos for us having a player win a major international honour whilst with us. England players whilst with us in Italia 90 and Euro 96 fell short. Laudrup won Euros before coming to us.

Itten through the middle for me

Sakala and Wright either side of him

The decision to recall Itten looks to have been a wise one. I still think he’ll play a part under Gio for us and score goals

When is roofe fit?

Sakala has struggled a bit through the middle so far, as he hasn't been great at holding the ball up, or playing with his back to goal.

I like him coming in off the left, on to his right foot, Fir Park style.

I'd prefer to see Roofe or Itten through the middle.

Nigeria could go all the way.

Indeed they could and in one way that might not be a bad thing. Aribo's belief in himself would be through the roof and that will be to our benefit for the rest of the season - we'd be getting an even better player back.

Sakala through the middle is a no go for me.

Anytime we've tried it we tend to come under more pressure because he can't hold the ball up.

He's much better coming off the wings and getting shots away.

I think it's got to be Itten.. not ideal but what an opportunity for him to prove himself to Gio.

Last 8 game 29 January

Is there any isolation requirements for players upon returning to the country from Africa?

We could still be top of the league if we draw all 3 of them, what would that tell us?
Actually, we would be on level points with the scum should they win 2 and draw 1 of their next 3 - we draw our next 3 - they could go top on goal difference.
That said I think they could drop points at hearts and we will comfortably win our next 2 to go in the game against them a minimum of 4 points and possibly 6 or 7 points clear

We need to hand wee salaka Alfie’s jersey and say nows your chance son. Next 3 games will tell us whether or not we are winning this league
Sakala has always said he prefers through the middle however with Alfie away maybe a time as well for itten to try to show what he has
i am always saying
front 4
kent wright (pace to burn turning central defenders) sakala
Alfie (but with alfie away Itten deserves a chance)
we then have a combination of both pace and height in the box for our players to run on to

When is roofe fit?

if you are asking who plays wide
then you start Sakala there and have Roofe & Itten thru the middle

Hagi is the number 10

Actually, we would be on level points with the scum should they win 2 and draw 1 of their next 3 - we draw our next 3 - they could go top on goal difference.
That said I think they could drop points at hearts and we will comfortably win our next 2 to go in the game against them a minimum of 4 points and possibly 6 or 7 points clear
all we have to do is concentrate on our own results and performances let saville fc worry about us

Sakala through the middle is a no go for me.

Anytime we've tried it we tend to come under more pressure because he can't hold the ball up.

He's much better coming off the wings and getting shots away.

I think it's got to be Itten.. not ideal but what an opportunity for him to prove himself to Gio.
This in a nutshell for Sakala. He’s hopeless through the middle. Not physical enough and his touch isn’t good enough to play back to goal and hold the ball up.

Completely different proposition using his pace coming off the wing though. Baffling how Wright starts ahead of him.

I would start with Sakala, Itten and Roofe tonight.
Give them game time. Get some goals.

We could still be top of the league if we draw all 3 of them, what would that tell us?
What would you read into us drawing at home to Livingston then Ross county away? I think most of us would say it would tell us we are starting to struggle, no? Hopefully that won’t be the case of course but your question seems a bit obvious in terms of what it would tell us

I am more worried about midfield than up front. We need Davis and Arfield back asap because Hagi is just not up to it this season.

Back