Neymar and his psg privileges

Luis Figo used to do the exact same thing for Real Madrid. It's a tactic that worked for them.

With players of that kind of ability you want them in areas they are going to cause damage to the opposition.

Ask yourself this, would you be asking Messi to chase back to win possession, or stay high up the park for the out ball and a chance to run at their defence?

When you see the work rate of the rest of the PSG team it's a no brainer they are geared to getting that ball to Neymar and Mbappe as quickly as possible as high up the park as possible and watch the defence in a panic.

I'd be asking Messi to do both to be honest, like he current has on numerous occasions, to chase back and attempt to win possession back if the opposition team are attacking down the side Messi is on. I wouldn't want my full back having to deal with 2 or 3 people at the same time.

Giving players exemptions from defensive duties might be okay when you are playing dross like Amiens and Dijon, but up against Real Madrid or Barcelona in the semi final of the champions league it will come back to bite them imo.

I'd be asking Messi to do both to be honest, like he current has on numerous occasions, to chase back and attempt to win possession back if the opposition team are attacking down the side Messi is on. I wouldn't want my full back having to deal with 2 or 3 people at the same time.

Giving players exemptions from defensive duties might be okay when you are playing dross like Amiens and Dijon, but up against Real Madrid or Barcelona in the semi final of the champions league it will come back to bite them imo.

A wee clip from his sending off on Sunday does make me think it's all a bit hearsay and bullshit if I'm honest.

He wins that ball back scrapping 20 yards from his back 4.

Back