Neymar wanted by Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City.

I actually think it would be a poor move for any of them to bother with him. He is of course an excellent talent but he just switches off for most of the season. His mind is elsewhere most of the time. If it's not himself he's thinking about it's his sister.

He'd most likely be a terrible move for any of them.

Neymar strikes me as self-centered, a narcissist, who childishly wants to be the viewed as 'the main man' wherever he goes. If a team doesn't meet his expectations in terms or results, or if he isn't getting the lion's share of media attention, he simply announces his wish to bail out - and to hell with the fans.

I can't see why a team like Liverpool - whose success is based on a collective work-ethic - could possibly want a player like Neymar. At Chelsea, he'd surely upset the chemistry among Lampard's young and talented team. Only at Barca, knowing in advance that he'd have to play second-fiddle to Messi, could I see Neymar fitting in.

FFS. So MU are irrelevant now. Get a grip. Don't mention you like Rangers when spouting this guff in pubs.
Look, I've got no real strong feelings for any English team. Note, I didn't say they were irrelevant, rather that they were struggling to stay relevant. They're 22 points behind their arch rivals and haven't won the league since 2013. There's a lot that appears to be going wrong at Old Trafford.

I don't think he gets in the Liverpool front three. As daft as that sounds, the three they have compliment each other perfectly.
Don’t they use a sports statistician when looking at players they aim to sign. Something they got from baseball they look at the players on and off the pitch and sign those who work in their system. Read an article about it can’t recall where but it was very interesting. Cannot see Neymar fitting that sort of regime. Equally I can’t see Lampard or Pep going for it.

Neymar strikes me as self-centered, a narcissist, who childishly wants to be the viewed as 'the main man' wherever he goes. If a team doesn't meet his expectations in terms or results, or if he isn't getting the lion's share of media attention, he simply announces his wish to bail out - and to hell with the fans.

I can't see why a team like Liverpool - whose success is based on a collective work-ethic - could possibly want a player like Neymar. At Chelsea, he'd surely upset the chemistry among Lampard's young and talented team. Only at Barca, knowing in advance that he'd have to play second-fiddle to Messi, could I see Neymar fitting in.

Any of those teams would take him as he’d instantly become their best player, even the purest of all the pure clubs, Liverpool. Who btw also happen to have a couple of Brazilians in their team already something which is likely to help with any chemistry “issues”.

Don't think he would fit in at Liverpool. There whole game is based on the team working like %^*& and having all the energy to close down, go long and mix it up. Neymar just wont suit it.

He would ruin absolutely everything Klopp has built.

Think you have hit the nail on the head. Neymar is most definitely not a team player. The success Klopp had at Dortmund and now at Liverpool is built on a very strong work ethic where each and every player plays their part. This would be anathema to Neymar, who is just about the laziest player I have seen.

Barca missed a trick in not signing him back this summer. Instead they paid over £100m for Griezmann who doesn't fit their system at all.

Neymar was a perfect fit at Barca because he knew he had to tow the line a bit and couldn't get away with half the shit he does at PSG.

If he goes back I'm sure he'd be thinking that in a year or two Messi will probably be retiring so he'd become the main man.

BTW those mentioning Verratti...apparently he's out partying all the time and smokes like a chimney.

Don’t they use a sports statistician when looking at players they aim to sign. Something they got from baseball they look at the players on and off the pitch and sign those who work in their system. Read an article about it can’t recall where but it was very interesting. Cannot see Neymar fitting that sort of regime. Equally I can’t see Lampard or Pep going for it.

It's called Moneyball and there is a terrific movie about its first use in baseball. The film is also called Moneyball.

Liverpool have one of the tightest, most harmonious squads in the continent. No chance they're bringing Neymar in. Chelsea is just daft.

The only one I can see having any credence is Man City, if the Sheikh has a knee jerk reaction to failing so miserably in the league so far. Even at that, I'd say given they're lumped in with the other two it's all just a bucket of pish

Back