NI Bears 2021

ABBear1872

With the current global covid pandemic and issues with travel etc, what do you all think the chances of Ulster bears getting over should there be a title party? Are there plans for bears from NI to head over should the restrictions lift in April /May time?

Missing it big time.

Hate to be negative mate, I doubt even Glasgow folk will legally be allowed to get together when we win it. :(

Hate to be negative mate, I doubt even Glasgow folk will legally be allowed to get together when we win it. :(
I would have to agree with you pal. Unless some form of miracle happens with the vaccine roll out, but i can't see that happen

We're still queuing up outside to get into Tesco over here. No way we are allowed to go on a plane or boat for a party with thousands of people in Glasgow.

So unlikely to happen and that is such a shame as the years of toil are washed away. As was the case with Manchester, Glasgow would not be big enough to cope with the numbers.

No chance mate and would be pretty irresponsible too given the state of play just now .More and more people i know and now being admitted to hospital with the knock on of cancer ops being shelved although they are hoping to restart them today . would nt make sense

You know we will have won the league in Belfast when the mentally challengeds start rioting at the interfaces.

In Ardoyne they went mental after the Lovenkrands winner in the scf 2002 and started attacking prod residents at Twadell Avenue because of a football match.

It became very embarrassing for Sinn Fein and the like when it was given as the reason why they had gone mental.

I have booked flights and hotel for the last game of the season, just hoping travel restrictions have been eased and the ones closest to me have been vaccined.

More in hope than expectation may I add.

With the current global covid pandemic and issues with travel etc, what do you all think the chances of Ulster bears getting over should there be a title party? Are there plans for bears from NI to head over should the restrictions lift in April /May time?

Missing it big time.
Better where you are, enjoy celebrating in Ulster, it's not as if you don't know how to celebrate

A good few of us from our RSC and other local supporters clubs have flights booked for last game. Will play it by ear see how restrictions are by then but if we don’t get to Glasgow hopefully something over here can be sorted

A good few of us from our RSC and other local supporters clubs have flights booked for last game. Will play it by ear see how restrictions are by then but if we don’t get to Glasgow hopefully something over here can be sorted
I have a hotel booked for the last weekend of fixtures too, more so in hope but can cancel up to the night before.

I have a hotel booked for the last weekend of fixtures too, more so in hope but can cancel up to the night before.
I’m lucky enough I have mates over in Glasgow I can stay with but a few in our RSC looking at apartments and hotels to. Fingers crossed we get. Need something to look forward to

Don't know what other Ulster bears will be doing or where they will be.
But what I can tell you definitely is that I will be getting absolutely pissed and having a 55 party with my mates here in South Belfast.
Wearing masks and socially distancing obviously B-D B-D:)):cool:

Hopefully everyone can get over to Glasgow but if not then there will be celebratory parties regardless here in NI. Staying positive. Keeping the fingers and the toes crossed. :)

Did the mentally challengeds not have some kind of car procession through Belfast last year when they stole the title?

Did the mentally challengeds not have some kind of car procession through Belfast last year when they stole the title?
Drove their stolen cars in a convoy up the falls road with flags and scarves. Think in lurgan the scum there drove by Lennons parents house.

Looking like a non starter,Iv my 55 flag bought and it’ll br going up as soon as it’s clinched.bbq/sash bash in the back garden with a few mates will have to do in may

Drove their stolen cars in a convoy up the falls road with flags and scarves. Think in lurgan the scum there drove by Lennons parents house.
Should return the favour when we win it fair and square. I was hoping to get out for a celebration beer in Belfast before over here but your lockdowns seem to be worse than ours.

Looking like a non starter,Iv my 55 flag bought and it’ll br going up as soon as it’s clinched.bbq/sash bash in the back garden with a few mates will have to do in may

we have about 20 champions flags ordered for my local town and they will be going up on the lampposts once it’s confirmed we are champions. I really want to rub it into every last one of them scumbags.

How's Boris getting on with his bridge over the Irish sea? Forget hands across the water, we could have a socially distanced conga over the water.

Should return the favour when we win it fair and square. I was hoping to get out for a celebration beer in Belfast before over here but your lockdowns seem to be worse than ours.

I’m hoping by May it will be calmed a bit. If I don’t get to Glasgow I can assure you that our supporters club will be organising something along with the other local 3 clubs in the area. A band etc maybe. But I’m hoping I’ll be on PRW

The scum supporters club members done a huddle in the middle of one of omagh's busiest junctions last year, blocking traffic and generally just being the scum they are.
Needless to say this bear is out for revenge when 55 is wrapped up.

If permitted there'll be a good few of our SC coming over. If not hopefully something can be organised at a NI level for all RSC's. If we have to wait there's a couple of dates in July might fit in nicely.

The scum supporters club members done a huddle in the middle of one of omagh's busiest junctions last year, blocking traffic and generally just being the scum they are.
Needless to say this bear is out for revenge when 55 is wrapped up.

get the place covered in 55 champions flags

I'm planning a wee drive around town with the windows down and the tunes up full blast. I'll hold the billy boys for the town centre
If we don’t get to Glasgow then hopefully plenty of parties in the main towns across NI. Ballymena, Coleraine, portadown, larne are all majority rangers and then the usual Belfast areas like shankill etc. I’d say most local supporters clubs will organise something

I’m hoping by May it will be calmed a bit. If I don’t get to Glasgow I can assure you that our supporters club will be organising something along with the other local 3 clubs in the area. A band etc maybe. But I’m hoping I’ll be on PRW
Hope you’re right mate!

Fair play to the lads and lasses who are booked in for Glasgow. Hopefully you make it.
I'll settle for a good skinful in the local RSC or failing that, a long weekend of alcohol and tunes at home but here's hoping things have eased a bit by that time

Back