Niang (Sena)

What’s the odds the young man is hounded for winning the ball fairly today ,
Was at Rangers as a kid I believe.

Seen a lot of him when he was at Pollok (and only played at that level due to work permit issues). A great lad.

Didn't even think it was a foul tbh and Foster on Sportscene was right, only an injury cause the Celtic player shat out of it.

You can't follow through over the top of the ball. It's a yellow but would be a red in England with VAR.
How was he supposed to stop? There was absolutely no intent there, no thought of anything other than playing the ball. So do we now book or red card players for their technique?

The only way he could have stopped that happening is if he pulled out of a challenge he had every right to make.

How was he supposed to stop? There was absolutely no intent there, no thought of anything other than playing the ball. So do we now book or red card players for their technique?

The only way he could have stopped that happening is if he pulled out of a challenge he had every right to make.
Intent means %^*& all. He catches the player quite badly. Whether he meant to or not is immaterial. If you break a fellas leg going over the top of the ball with a follow through you don't mean but because you have bad technique you should 100% be sent off.

Intent means %^*& all. He catches the player quite badly. Whether he meant to or not is immaterial. If you break a fellas leg going over the top of the ball with a follow through you don't mean but because you have bad technique you should 100% be sent off.
Where did he 'go over the ball'? The ball was played and well away before any contact. I agree that over the ball challenges merit reds but that wasn't one of them.

Did you follow us through 2012 to 2016 in fact did you watch our game last Wednesday :))

I endured a fair few Friday night games until I watched Morton play Dundee last year I think maybe the previous season and it was basically 90 minutes of those tackles being waved on and to be fair the players just taking them.

You can't follow through over the top of the ball. It's a yellow but would be a red in England with VAR.
I dont understand what you mean by going over the top of the ball. He side foots it and on the follow through he grazes the diving rattler bastard.

At no stage did he go over the top of anything.

Fair challenge.

Some people just don't understand that even if dangerous play is accidental it still gets punished.

If players can't play without accidentally injuring their opponents the onus is on them to improve their bad technique, they are not absolve of blame just because their dangerous play might have been accidental.
The guy got there first ! and it looks as if he slipped so that his foot became raised.... why not book the player for sticking his ankle under his boot ?

Nowadays you could essentially pass the ball and the natural follow through could strike a player's leg...is that a foul / red card?

It’s a red card all day long and anyone saying it isn’t is blinded by who it was against. He doesn’t mean to hurt the guy but it’s still a red card

Reminded me of the Jack incident against Stevie May at Aberdeen, red card.

A season earlier, in the 2-3 game against the tims, Rogic scores and lands on Bates ankle and crocks him. Nothing given. Where do you draw the line with these things?

I dont understand what you mean by going over the top of the ball. He side foots it and on the follow through he grazes the diving rattler bastard.

At no stage did he go over the top of anything.

Fair challenge.
I agree. It wasn’t a lunge, wasn’t two footed or over the top. He makes contact first kicking the ball with the top of his foot. Could happen anywhere on the park at any time.

The follow through was as much about how the Japanese guy arrived late to the ball and how he tackled as it was about the Alloa player.

Not a great outcome for the celtc player but it’s football and sometimes contact and accidents happen, especially on a shitey pitch

Was at Rangers as a kid I believe.

Seen a lot of him when he was at Pollok (and only played at that level due to work permit issues). A great lad.

Didn't even think it was a foul tbh and Foster on Sportscene was right, only an injury cause the Celtic player shat out of it.
Played a few games at U17 level in 2014/15 season, scoring against Queens Park.

Came from The Jimmy Johnstone Academy ironically.

He won the ball fair and square. The Celtic player hesitated, got injured because of it.
What else is there to discuss?

The issue for me here is whoever said he went over the top of the ball - he didn't. He kicked the ball and didn't go over it. His follow through was normal for kicking a ball and wasn't artificially raised studs to hurt someone. Quite sure he expected the celtic player to be by down behind his challenge rather than running into it without protecting himself.

First of all its NOT a tackle its a clearance of a loose ball.

The player gets injured for two reasons, firstly the ball has got away from him and he is struggling to get to it and secondly the player clearing loses his footing after playing the ball when the Celtic player finally arrives. IMO he does not foul the ball and therefore is not a foul.

However modern rule changes, to perfectly sensible original rules, simply to suit FIFA/UEFA moaning bastards have it as a foul and a red card offense (unless you are Callum McGregor on Ryan Jack even after Ryan Jack on Stevie May).

Looks like a normal kick of a ball to me with an accidental hit on the Tims foot. These things happen regular without any fuss. Yellow card and only being talked about because of who it is.

Back