Nick Hammond appointed Celtic transfer guru..

Desert Loyal

From the daily rhetard:
Nick Hammond appointed Celtic transfer guru 'across summer period' to help Neil Lennon

The former West Brom transfer guru has been out of work since leaving the Hawthorns and will help out with Celtic this summer.
Celtic have appointed former West Brom technical director Nick Hammond to help with their summer transfers.

The ex-sheep goalkeeper will initially work across the summer period when he joins up with the club on July 1.

He'll be tasked with finding new players for Hoops boss Lenny Gaga as he looks to rebuild his squad after the treble Treble winning campaign.

Hammond previously worked with Reading and West Brom in similar positions.

At Reading, he was director of football while Brendan Rodgers was at the club and he also played for the club while Tommy Burns (who knew) was manager in the 90s.

The scum have been on the lookout for a recruitment expert since Lee Congerton left the club to join Brenda at Leicester.

Shitting it !:)):))

Seems like they are scrambling.

Their leaked list wasn't exactly earth shattering with the targets on it. Looks like Lennon is flapping and getting his excuse in early. Will be excellent to see him meltdown and blame the sh*te in his squad on someone who only came in for a month.

The most bizarre thing I've read in my life in regards to transfers in all honesty. You're supposed to have a scouting team linked with a head scout who have been succession planning the team for years working on targets and keeping tabs on people. You can't bring in someone on a whim and hope his list of contacts suits an ethos that he won't be familiar with while handing him over a lump of cash. This is a recipe for absolute hilarity for us.

Will he be in charge of purging their ranks as well?

What a summer this can be.

That's not fair there is nothing in the article to suggest he has been to prison, slept with his sister or has a mono-brow.
He’s signed for celtic which means he must tick at least 2 of those boxes.

I must admit I know nothing about him but that CV doesn’t suggest he’ll be pulling another Virgil van D out of the hat. It also strongly suggests those in charge of the biscuit tin don’t entirely trust their new manager with the cheque book.

Which is nice.

I must admit I know nothing about him but that CV doesn’t suggest he’ll be pulling another Virgil van D out of the hat. It also strongly suggests those in charge of the biscuit tin don’t entirely trust their new manager with the cheque book.

Which is nice.
Hopefully he’s on a big wage.

Which is nice.

I wouldn't trust the lady's front bottom with scissors never mind a cheque book.

So they’re only kicking off their recruitment on 1/7? Days before a CL qualifier? There’s high risk and then there’s sheer desperation. Here’s hoping Sarajevo have something about them cause this lot are there for the taking.

I am very keen to watch them progress in Europe this year

taking a trip to Dignitas

Can’t do any signing after August 31 so why pay a wage?
Especially when money might be needed for other things.
Pay a scout so that you are prepared for the start of the window and have done your homework over the year.

Who can he scout now, other than the players in the international tournaments. Many are on holiday.

I read elsewhere that he’s being employed as a technical director, I don’t know what that means but Lenny must be struggling
Naebody with any sense wants to play for him.

Will they employ him for a further month in December?

Lawell has lost the plot. Tremendous.

Imagine the jibes we would get about being skint if we were only employing a manager on a rolling yearly deal and bringing in a head scout only for the windows being open.

Back